thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Sep 14, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #3,856 of 4,190
You will love it. Not as portable as your N3 but two card slots!!! Balanced output if you want it. Any of your gear should sound great with it. I remember comparing it with my husbands Fiio (5iii I think) and like the Opus more... plus I did not want to mess around with android anyway. It won't fit in your pocket the same as your N3 but I am sure you already know that.

The only things I don't try to power with it are my planar headphones or other high impedence ones.
Yes, yes, yes....I'm totally sharing that enthusiasm over here :thumbsup:

Imo the Opus #1 has been the only 'not so expensive' dap that I've had/tried so far, that came close to my current 2 totl daps in sq.
And that for a fraction of the price...an amazing 'bang for buck' dap imho. For me it's pocket friendly enough (I mainly listen with iems) and it's my favorite otg (outside) dap.

If it would break down for whatever reason, I would probably try to get me another one (#1S might be to warm for my taste, based on what I've read) asap after that.

Sounds like my ideal dap to be honest. Heard the word neutral a lot and that's a sound I'm fond of!
Neutral it is...at least compared to my brighter LPG and warmer RWAK380Cu. It can also deliver pretty good resolution and a nice wide soundstage.
Sometimes I like to boost the subbass just a little (with eq) to give it some extra body. But hey, that's a matter of taste of course.

Long story short: the Opus #1 will probably make you very happy :ksc75smile:

Sep 18, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #3,860 of 4,190
Nice to see that they still keep offering improvement firmware updates for the 'old' Opus #1.

1. Fixed an issue that ID3TAG can not interpret normally in files with ID3TAG of 3MB or more.(Opus support ID3Tag up to 5MB.)
2. Changed the sorting method of song field in library menu.
3. Gain control selection in Quick menu.
4. Time change to entering suspended mode (from 5 sec to 60 sec)
5. Sleep mode icon and text string change
6. Play icon change in status bar.
7. Support MP4 audio file

But it seems that the upload speed from their site (I'm pretty sure that there's nothing wrong with my download speed over here) is horrible slow atm.
At ± 8 kbps it would take me over 6 hrs to finish that 'only' 205 MB zip download currently.

Normally it only takes a few seconds / minutes at most to download their firmware files. Oh well...I will give it another try later on this week.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #3,861 of 4,190
Nice to see that they still keep offering improvement firmware updates for the 'old' Opus #1.

1. Fixed an issue that ID3TAG can not interpret normally in files with ID3TAG of 3MB or more.(Opus support ID3Tag up to 5MB.)

But it seems that the upload speed from their site (I'm pretty sure that there's nothing wrong with my download speed over here) is horrible slow atm.
At ± 8 kbps it would take me over 6 hrs to finish that 'only' 205 MB zip download currently.

Normally it only takes a few seconds / minutes at most to download their firmware files. Oh well...I will give it another try later on this week.

Same here for me (in UK). I will leave it going and see if it picks up. There can't be so many of us that their server is 'bogged down' surely ?

Still glad to see it though...

Sep 18, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #3,862 of 4,190

Same here for me (in UK). I will leave it going and see if it picks up. There can't be so many of us that their server is 'bogged down' surely ?

Still glad to see it though...

Perhaps whoever gets it first could share it somewhere faster. Not sure if that has been done in this thread previously but it has been done for other daps. Check if it works first of course.

Sep 18, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #3,863 of 4,190
Perhaps whoever gets it first could share it somewhere faster. Not sure if that has been done in this thread previously but it has been done for other daps. Check if it works first of course.

Below is a link to the latest Opus#1 FW 1_2_00_10. The zipped file is in a folder on my Google Drive. It uploaded to Drive in about 3 minutes and downloaded to my PC faster than that. (You may get a warning that Google can't scan file due to its size.)
The original FW installed easily and fairly quickly on my #1 following Opus instructions. If you find this link is not working, let me know. (This is the first time I've tried sharing a file on Drive.)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BDqaswuwU_qLhiJ7trkqDXSB4aAX7wmp?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #3,864 of 4,190
This issue MIGHT be related to updating the #1 to the new firmware:

When I plug the DAP into my Windows 10 PC the following occurs:
-Explorer does not show Opus #1 as being connected, OR
-Explorer shows Opus connected, BUT no (or incomplete) music folders shown on SD cards and/or internal storage
(May show one folder on SD card 1, but no card 2, etc)

My SD Cards are set up as: SD Card 1<FLAC<A-D<Artists<Albums / SD Card 1<FLAC<E-H<Artists<Albums , etc.

Factory reset of device and DB initialize does not solve NOR does restarting PC.

Running Windows device troubleshooter the result is:
"Opus#1 is an older devoce and might not work with USB 3.0"
When I run the troubleshooter fix I get:
"Opus#1 can't work properly with USB 3.0"

Anyone else come across this? I've had the OPUS#1 Metal Premium for 6-8 months. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #3,865 of 4,190

-Explorer shows Opus connected, BUT no (or incomplete) music folders shown on SD cards and/or internal storage

My SD Cards are set up as: SD Card 1<FLAC<A-D<Artists<Albums / SD Card 1<FLAC<E-H<Artists<Albums , etc.

Factory reset of device and DB initialize does not solve NOR does restarting PC.

Anyone else come across this? I've had the OPUS#1 Metal Premium for 6-8 months. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

I'm running windows 10. I tried both a USB 2.0 and 3.0 with my updated opus#1 and everything works as it did before the update.

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #3,866 of 4,190

The same thing happened to me recently. Not because of the Opus update(still haven't updated mine), but because of a windows update.

A recent Windows update fixed it though.

Sep 20, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #3,867 of 4,190
The same thing happened to me recently. Not because of the Opus update(still haven't updated mine), but because of a windows update.

A recent Windows update fixed it though.

I was using the USB 3.0 port(s) on the front computer panel. By connecting to the USB 2.0 port on the rear the player worked perfectly. I synced all my new music on to it. I'll check further for Windows update/driver update. Thanks.

Sep 20, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #3,868 of 4,190
Below is a link to the latest Opus#1 FW 1_2_00_10. The zipped file is in a folder on my Google Drive. It uploaded to Drive in about 3 minutes and downloaded to my PC faster than that. (You may get a warning that Google can't scan file due to its size.)
The original FW installed easily and fairly quickly on my #1 following Opus instructions. If you find this link is not working, let me know. (This is the first time I've tried sharing a file on Drive.)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BDqaswuwU_qLhiJ7trkqDXSB4aAX7wmp?usp=sharing
Your google drive upload worked great , I don't know what kind of server they are running at the Bit, but theres is sooooo slowwwwwww !
Thanks a bunch, saved lots of time

Sep 20, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #3,869 of 4,190
Your google drive upload worked great , I don't know what kind of server they are running at the Bit, but theres is sooooo slowwwwwww !
Thanks a bunch, saved lots of time
:smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back