thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Nov 24, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #3,436 of 4,190
Does the Opus #1 work with Tidal Offline? I've tried going through multiple pages in this thread as well as the rest of head fi. I believe it does, but saw posts about the OS being an "Android-based OS" instead of a full on "Android OS" and got a little confused. Would appreciate some guidance here. Thanks in advance!

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #3,437 of 4,190
Does the Opus #1 work with Tidal Offline? I've tried going through multiple pages in this thread as well as the rest of head fi. I believe it does, but saw posts about the OS being an "Android-based OS" instead of a full on "Android OS" and got a little confused. Would appreciate some guidance here. Thanks in advance!
OPUS#1 has no internet connection.

Nov 24, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #3,438 of 4,190
Nope, which is why I sold my Opus and moved onto the Pioneer XDP-300R. Love the Opus but if you need streaming capability look to the #2 or #3 or another brand. The Pioneer is a fantastic device, Silver version is only $440 on Amazon right now.

Nov 27, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #3,441 of 4,190
These are absolutely great deals!
Ordered the normal Opus #1 - is the Metal Edition with the better amps worth the extra money?

Don't know -- haven't had both at the same time for comparison. I think HawaiianBadBoy has a review which compares the 2. I must say the Metal certainly feels waaayyyy more substantial. BTW, ProSound on Amazon has the Metal for $299. I pulled the trigger. Really, I'm not addicted to new electronic toys. I can stop any time I want -- I've done it a bunch of times.

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #3,442 of 4,190
@theMUKe, I remember from before when @Hawaiibadboy got his metal #1 that he mentioned some differences compared to the base model. Not just the materials they were made of but also the sound. He has a video review of the metal version.

@PinkyPowers also mentioned this:

"I have read the Metal is better. And indeed, it should block out the EMI the plastic one is inflicted with. If you place your smartphone a few inches away, the Opus#1 will pick up some signal pollution.

But as you can see in my review, I am smitten with the sound quality of the plastic one. It’s a top performer."

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #3,443 of 4,190
These are absolutely great deals!
Ordered the normal Opus #1 - is the Metal Edition with the better amps worth the extra money?

And considering the price drops, there's not much "extra money" now compared to when the metal version was priced around $600. Now it's even the same price I got my base model which was $299. If I hadn't bought it last year, I would have easily pulled the trigger on the metal version with it's current price knowing how the base model sound.

Nov 29, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #3,444 of 4,190
Official information about Opus #1s
http://www.audio-opus.com/?page_id=17532
Comparsion Table:
a807690f7469.jpg

Nov 29, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #3,446 of 4,190
aha! they now implemented Suspend Mode to kick in after (around) 2 minutes - that's good!

We already have that with the Opus #1. Because of that I never power mine down.

Nov 29, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #3,447 of 4,190
We already have that with the Opus #1. Because of that I never power mine down.

Yes, i'm aware that we already have it on our Opus units - what's currently implemented is that the Suspend Mode will immediately kick in after a few SECONDS after you press Pause (with screen Off)

What they now did was implement it after 1 minute (when screen is off).

I hope they release another update to their current line-up so that we can also enjoy this improved feature.

Nov 29, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #3,448 of 4,190
Yes, i'm aware that we already have it on our Opus units - what's currently implemented is that the Suspend Mode will immediately kick in after a few SECONDS after you press Pause (with screen Off)

What they now did was implement it after 1 minute (when screen is off).

I hope they release another update to their current line-up so that we can also enjoy this improved feature.

Oh I see. So some feel it kicks in too quickly right now? I guess it never bothered me personally.

I certainly agree that we deserve a firmware update. It has been a long time.

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #3,449 of 4,190
Oh I see. So some feel it kicks in too quickly right now? I guess it never bothered me personally.

a lot of users here are quite annoyed by it. Put your player on Pause (Screen off) and wait 5 seconds (or so) and hit Pause again - it's unresponsive since the Suspend Mode kicked in already.

we just hope that TheBit is reading this thread to that they can see our supplication for firmware updates

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #3,450 of 4,190
a lot of users here are quite annoyed by it. Put your player on Pause (Screen off) and wait 5 seconds (or so) and hit Pause again - it's unresponsive since the Suspend Mode kicked in already.

we just hope that TheBit is reading this thread to that they can see our supplication for firmware updates
Can confirm.
Pause and then suspend mode. It won't resume on hardware button. Have to turn the screen on :/
20171129_181837_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back