thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jul 5, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #2,671 of 4,190
You have to use Android File Transfer application on a Mac to see the internal storage.

Thanks! It work!

Other question Opus doesn't read the .cue, is any other option to spilt the a FLAC?

Jul 6, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #2,672 of 4,190
I had no issues (after following the items below) with connecting the #1 to both Win 7 and 10. Here are the things i make sure before i connect the #1 to the PCs:

- make sure the the #1 is done scanning (after boot-up), sometimes if i immediately connect it to the PC just a few seconds after it boots-up, the PC can't detect the #1 and/or can't detect all the folders in the unit/microsd card
- connect to USB 2.0 for a more stable connection. USB 3.0/3.1 sometimes can't detect the #1, need to unplug/plug the unit for it to be detected again. but if i don't have any choice, USB 3.0/3.1 definitely still works

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me, I do not shutdown my Opus. It seems the windows driver is at fault and tried to search for drivers to no avail. I have two USB port in my Lenovo laptop, one can able to access it but disconnects during file transfer. I also tried the driver in Opus page for Opus #11 and Opus #2 but it did not help.

Jul 6, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #2,673 of 4,190
Unfortunately this doesn't work for me, I do not shutdown my Opus. It seems the windows driver is at fault and tried to search for drivers to no avail. I have two USB port in my Lenovo laptop, one can able to access it but disconnects during file transfer. I also tried the driver in Opus page for Opus #11 and Opus #2 but it did not help.

Have you tried to force the Windows MTP driver to load? the instructions are on the support page for Opus DAPs. I had the same issue and once I forced the MTP driver my Opus #1 is recognized my Win 10

Jul 6, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #2,674 of 4,190

you can also try to restart your #1 - as with all electronic devices, a lot of issues gets resolved by restarting. if caprblaze's suggestion doesn't work then you might resort to just using a card reader to load your music into the card (assuming) that you load into a microsd and not internal memory)

Jul 6, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #2,675 of 4,190
Have you tried to force the Windows MTP driver to load? the instructions are on the support page for Opus DAPs. I had the same issue and once I forced the MTP driver my Opus #1 is recognized my Win 10
Hmmm, I did not try that one. I will try later when I got home, do you have a link for the driver used in the guide? Currently my solution is to transfer files from windows 7 office laptop as I use Dignis case and it is a hassle to remove the cover from the Opus.

Jul 6, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #2,677 of 4,190
Jul 7, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #2,679 of 4,190
what is the different between #1 and #3 in terms of SQ? does anybody here already try them both? im just curious since i can't demo them

i have both. the #3 improves on the sound of the #1. similar in tonality but it sounds smoother, more dynamic while maintaining/improving on the level of detail. A bit more open staging with some genres.

Jul 7, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #2,680 of 4,190
i have both. the #3 improves on the sound of the #1. similar in tonality but it sounds smoother, more dynamic while maintaining/improving on the level of detail. A bit more open staging with some genres.
so, to you which one has better treble presence? and also, im not a big fan of warm sound signature because im mostly listen to rock @ any kind of music that heavily distorted on guitar and i'm going to pair it with im03

Jul 7, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #2,681 of 4,190
so, to you which one has better treble presence? and also, im not a big fan of warm sound signature because im mostly listen to rock @ any kind of music that heavily distorted on guitar and i'm going to pair it with im03

thebit house signature is far from being warm. to me it's neutral in general (with just a few steps going to bright - but not bright).

i have yet to hear the im03 so i can't really comment on the pairing outcome. but with my gears - if you really want to hear that "peaky, stingy" highs (well defined), then i would suggest the #1. the #3 still has this but is able to make it sound more smoother.

Jul 11, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #2,682 of 4,190
Hi im pretty new here but have a question.

Did anyone encounter reading problems when using two different types of sd cards.

For example Samsung Evo 128 gb and Sandisk 128gb.
Im worried it wouldnt be able to read together and play music coherently.

Thank you

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #2,683 of 4,190

Did anyone encounter reading problems when using two different types of sd cards.

Thank you

I use Samsung Evo 128 gb and Sandisk 64gb, no problem at all!

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #2,684 of 4,190

Thank you

Those are the exact cards that are in my player. No problem.

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #2,685 of 4,190
The newest firmware has fixed the gain issue, where it remains on low gain no matter what you set it to.

Maybe this is old news, but I just updated yesterday, and was happy to see this resolved. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back