thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jan 12, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #1,534 of 4,190
although I've tried with external amp I prefer the sound of Opus on it's own. One of the reasons I bought a DAP is wanting to get away from needing an amp/DAC (separate or combo) to drive source (iPhone), and it alleviates the storage usage on my phone.

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #1,536 of 4,190
My thoughts on this woderful device:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-opus-opus-1/reviews/17797

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #1,538 of 4,190
Thanks for the review. Where did you get the case?
audiophonics.fr doesn't have in stock.

I got it straight from the bit together with the player. It was originally supposed to be a review loaner but I ended up purchasing it......

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #1,540 of 4,190
do you know where I can get it in Europe maybe?

No I'm afraid I don't. Might be worth asking Hifiheadphones.co.uk or other Opus retailers if they can add it to their assortment....

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #1,541 of 4,190

do you know where I can get it in Europe maybe?

No I'm afraid I don't. Might be worth asking Hifiheadphones.co.uk or other Opus retailers if they can add it to their assortment....

Another possible solution, though by a long stretch, is to contact http://www.musicteck.com/ which is their official US distributor.  Maybe they can have some suggestions.  And, @Limu Shirin don't forget to contact Opus directly: http://audio-opus.com/ .  You can order from them, @Whitigir just bought Opus#2 directly from them and it arrived super fast.

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #1,543 of 4,190

Blown away by this setup! My iBasso IT03 with custom 4-core SPC cable terminated to 2.5mm balanced. Massive soundstage and excellent subbass.

What in your opinion is the better - Opus#1 or Cayin i5 ??

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #1,544 of 4,190

What in your opinion is the better - Opus#1 or Cayin i5 ??

I have different opinions on both as they also differ in sound signature.  If you prefer warm sound with good transients and resolution with a powerful amp, go for the i5.  Clean, smooth, and balanced yet still highly detailed with an awesome soundstage, go for Opus#1.  I'm just nitpicking a bit with the i5's navigation which I'm not a big fan of compared to the Opus#1's smooth and flawless operation all throughout.  These are just my observations, YMMV of course.

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #1,545 of 4,190

I have different opinions on both as they also differ in sound signature.  If you prefer warm sound with good transients and resolution with a powerful amp, go for the i5.  Clean, smooth, and balanced yet still highly detailed with an awesome soundstage, go for Opus#1.  I'm just nitpicking a bit with the i5's navigation which I'm not a big fan of compared to the Opus#1's smooth and flawless operation all throughout.  These are just my observations, YMMV of course.

Thanks - been looking at both for a while and have been leaning more towards the Opus#1. Highly detailed with a good soundstage is what I am looking for and so this may just have helped me with my decision....

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back