thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 28, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #1,472 of 4,190
  Seems to be an issue with my PC, as I grabbed my laptop and could paste a file to internal.  Here's hoping this works.

That will work.  Sometimes PC USB ports are a*sholes when it comes to supplying power.  Won't let our USB devices work properly, unless you unplug all other things or you have custom ports installed.

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #1,473 of 4,190
..huh, oddly, after it resetting itself again, it just randomly worked before I could transfer the files to the internal.  For the 2.03 or whatever update, I'll certainly get it on internal before trying though.  Still odd it just randomly decided to stop being a pain tho.

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #1,474 of 4,190
  ..huh, oddly, after it resetting itself again, it just randomly worked before I could transfer the files to the internal.  For the 2.03 or whatever update, I'll certainly get it on internal before trying though.  Still odd it just randomly decided to stop being a pain tho.

My experience with the 2.03 update was odd too.  Didn't push through the first time then after I restarted, it was on 2.03.  I did, however, see the improvements though.

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #1,475 of 4,190

They are using 1 gig of ram in this generation of DAP's
The i5 was so slow it was almost useless for me and Neutron worked in sonics but the navigation of it and other 3rd party apps was very slow. The Opus is a stripped down android which makes it work faster at the expense of no wifi and app store.

I think devices need 2 gig of RAM to handle constant wifi seeking and catching and using as well as memory eaten by non essential apps or functions. It seems to be all about the memory. I expect the next gen devices to use 2 if they really want to appeal to folks like me who love fast snappy usage and high quality F.I.R type eq's

what baffles me is why do companies opt for such cpu's and old versions of androids, knowing that cpu's are not expensive to begin with. Like you can buy chinese phones for about 200 usd that have way better cpu's and later versions of android

If I was to design a dap I would include latest android and latest cpu with best battery. 

Anyway I think its a opus1 has some strong points that are appealing to me, which is the stage and 2 sd card slots and it seems people like it

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #1,476 of 4,190
My single end Jack is shifted to one side within the housing. Works fine and is stable, but a bit weird to look at. Anyone else have the same?

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #1,478 of 4,190
Anyone compare this one and qp1r yet ? I have qp1r right now but i'm missing the touch screen. I'm really interested in this one after the update.

The QP1R sounds infinitely better with a much more potent amp.  I like the Opus UI, but the Questyle product is superior across the boards.

And, I will add, the Opus does sport a great battery life.

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #1,479 of 4,190
Just pulled the trigger on this for $389 with Dignis case and free shipping from Amazon. Wife asked "why the hell wouldn't you get it?
Now talking to Peterk about balanced cable for my Westones...

Dec 28, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #1,480 of 4,190
Just pulled the trigger on this for $389 with Dignis case and free shipping from Amazon. Wife asked "why the hell wouldn't you get it?
Now talking to Peterk about balanced cable for my Westones...

WTH!?!  It got much cheaper now!  I got mine for $399, also from the same store.  After the Black Friday sale, it went back up to $499 I think.  Lucky you, sir!

Dec 28, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #1,481 of 4,190
  what baffles me is why do companies opt for such cpu's and old versions of androids, knowing that cpu's are not expensive to begin with. Like you can buy chinese phones for about 200 usd that have way better cpu's and later versions of android

If I was to design a dap I would include latest android and latest cpu with best battery. 

Anyway I think its a opus1 has some strong points that are appealing to me, which is the stage and 2 sd card slots and it seems people like it

Built down to a cost, not up to a profit.

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #1,482 of 4,190
WTH!?!  It got much cheaper now!  I got mine for $399, also from the same store.  After the Black Friday sale, it went back up to $499 I think.  Lucky you, sir!

He got the dignis case only, not the A83 package

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #1,483 of 4,190

Correct, only the case I did not get the Fidue package (didn't even see that offered.

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #1,484 of 4,190

Correct, only the case I did not get the Fidue package (didn't even see that offered.

Guys, during the Black Friday sale and even after some days, it was the Opus#1 + Dignis case also for $399.  That's the bundle I bought.  The one with the A83 bundle just came early or mid December.  What I wanted to say was that what I got for $399 before, now became even more cheap for $389.

Dec 28, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #1,485 of 4,190

Users who are viewing this thread

Back