thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 15, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #1,426 of 4,190
If this metal version came with streaming ability for Tidal, I would sell the mojo and take a punt at it. Just watched HBB vid of the unboxing, looks... right up my street.

The i5 looks a very nice player but feel they will release an upgrade version soon enough. Alot of people seem to enjoy the #1 from various thread mentions. Reading sound impressions will be interesting.

For me, streaming is pretty much a must have. I use my phone for EVERYTHING. Seems alot of effort to source albums, code them to 320/flac etc when I can just stream. Keen to read dx200 impressions also. #1 is such a nice looking dap though, makes my galaxy s6 edge+ with a newly minted cracked screen look pretty bland and uncool lol

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #1,428 of 4,190

Yeah, ping Lee, I think he makes one of those as well.  I had Zen with dual 3.5mm and he provided dual 3.5mm to 3.5mm SE and 3.5mm Balanced adapters.  And yeah, Lee (@zhibli06) is the guy behind Monks, and he likes to yell at people who complain about his $5 earbuds lol!!!  He is definitely your soul mate in temper, Chris :wink:

I did and he is a pro's pro.
Fast reply, no ******** and it's on it's way with tracking.
Gotta be the best dude on this site. Holy ****. Stoked!

I gotta do a Naughty and Nice video for 2016 and he just kicked the door down and is getting mentioned prominently. The value in dollars is small but the service is huge and the reasonable price just adds to it. Out freakin standing. Thanks for rec'ing him to me
beerchug.gif

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #1,429 of 4,190
theBit rep, for firmware 2.0 ... and especially for fixing the EQ ... pass along to the development team, THANK YOU. Only got to install it this weekend. The opus 1 is all it could be now. Really fantastic.

I will report that I have seen lockups while music was playing and I was browsing around in my library. Never saw that with the original firmware. Music kept playing but the UI became unresponsive. I was able to shutdown with a long press on power.

To all who also saw hangs and installed 2.0.3, does that update alleviate the hangs? Haven't had time to use the player since updating to 2.0.3.

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #1,430 of 4,190
The latest firmware has the last 10 sec problem. I left the Opus to play until the battery gave out and then plugged it into the mains charger. The main charging screen immediately showed 43% so it's not in sync with the actual battery level.

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #1,431 of 4,190
  The latest firmware has the last 10 sec problem. I left the Opus to play until the battery gave out and then plugged it into the mains charger. The main charging screen immediately showed 43% so it's not in sync with the actual battery level.

You need to go through 2-3 full charge/discharge cycles before battery meter gets calibrated (or improves the calibration), similar to smartphones.

Dec 19, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #1,433 of 4,190
Hi, I'm trying install the newest update (2.00.03) directly to my sd card. My player already has version 2.00. 
I've tried using Winrar with no success. Should this software work for a pack file, or is there another one?
I'm not proud, I'm a novice at this sort of thing. Would someone please help?

Dec 19, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #1,435 of 4,190
They really are impressive with the continuous firmware updates. Seems like every other week there's a new one

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #1,437 of 4,190
Best android based UI I have ever used. uber simple. Not spartan but not busy/tiring/where the "f" is my___?? kinda stuff. Very nice!

Agree! Even if I prefer the sound of the i5, I still use the Opus#1 more on a daily basis. Like listening in the office. Need buds to still be aware of what's happening around, like phonecalls and stuff like that.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #1,438 of 4,190
Agree! Even if I prefer the sound of the i5, I still use the Opus#1 more on a daily basis. Like listening in the office. Need buds to still be aware of what's happening around, like phonecalls and stuff like that.

I wanted them to allow Neutron but honestly I can keep that on my Note 4 and whatever amp/dac i choose and keep the OPUS simple clean and snappy. Nice change of pace for me

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #1,439 of 4,190

I wanted them to allow Neutron but honestly I can keep that on my Note 4 and whatever amp/dac i choose and keep the OPUS simple clean and snappy. Nice change of pace for me

Neutron was all but great for me too.  The only thing I didn't like was the UI.  Otherwise, all the features were good.  I also prefer to use it on my smartphone than a DAP, unless native.  I love how the Opus#1 got a simple and user-friendly UI and operation.  Ideal use any day.

Dec 21, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #1,440 of 4,190
Dear Santa,

Could you make every company as outstanding as Lee @zhibli06

I have been a good boy and spent a mountain of money this year.

Thanks,
HBB

I just ask that companies not make excuses like we were at a meet or we don't work weekends or we forgot this or we forgot that.
Who cares? DO YOUR JOB!

Send Lee an email so he can teach you.

I am listening to OPUS #1 Metal madness version in balanced with buds with my SONY with whatever I want and it is cuz a guy does his job and now my videos will always use him as an example about how to do business.

The OPUS is awesome in balanced blisssssssssss!!!!!!

Video coming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back