thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Apr 7, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #2,161 of 4,190
My man over at MusicTeck just put the Opus #3 up for pre-order. Check it out!

LINK

Stirring up troble for wallets again eh Nik:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Mine is still recovering from my current Opus #1:smirk:

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #2,162 of 4,190
We got a new firmware for our devices, my dudes!

Opus#1 Firmware Update version 2.00.05

Firmware Version : 2.00.05 (17031601)

Content:
1. Expanded the number of EQs to five.

2. Added volume wheel lock function.

3. Supports volume button repeat operation in screen off state.

4. Added custom Album-Art display function.

- Folder: Internal StoragePicturesAlbums

- Up to 10 images(png, jpg)

- Size must be less than 2048x2048

- A square shaped image is recommended.

- If it is not a square shape image, the image is scaled to the square.

The Opus#1 does not have a volume wheel. *confused*

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #2,164 of 4,190
Keep in mind guys, theBit trying to sync up fw between Opus#1 and Opus#2, so the wheel probably refers to #2 :wink:

As Nik pointed out, Opus#3 is on pre-order status now, and you can actually checkout the full official Spec of #3 on MusicTeck page.  So, the price is $899 which is how much Opus#1 metal goes for (or least #1 metal msrp price when it was introduced).  They are promising Spotify and other apps support (for #3), so will see!

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #2,165 of 4,190
They meant "volume scroll" I think.  When the screen is on and you're adjusting the volume, there's the volume scroll GUI.  Not sure what's the benefit of adding a lock button there.

lock button helps prevent accidental volume increase when in off-screen mode.

Either that, or perhaps as another safety measure because the music sounds so darn good that they'd need to prevent users from further healing loss. don't touch!

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #2,166 of 4,190
Just updated to 2.00.5 at work and tested on my HD25-II only yet. Will be testing on jh16v2 on my way home.

I don't know if it's placebo effect but noticed that highs sound less aggressive. Instrument separation is a little bit different also in good way. Bass is less overwhelmed and tighter with a bit better layering. Don't get me wrong, it sounded amazing before but now a bit better.

Again, maybe my brain is messing with me %) Please share your thoughts guys if you noticed some improvement/worsening.

Oh, also all the lines looks sharper now and better contrast.

Apr 8, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #2,173 of 4,190
now if this is really the case, I'd like to have a bit more highs back! Would it be safe to revert back to 2.0???

Its not like they lost highs. Something just sounds different, could just be in my head. I don't see why it would not work testing out and no liking it so just reverting back

Apr 8, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #2,174 of 4,190
Its not like they lost highs. Something just sounds different, could just be in my head. I don't see why it would not work testing out and no liking it so just reverting back

it's somewhat darker sounding, though I sense more dynamics too (lower end transients). Anyhow, I'll spend more time with this and I'm waiting for a proper confirmation from the The Bit themselves.

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #2,175 of 4,190

I thought the Bit does't support downgrading fw? 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back