thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Mar 29, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #2,132 of 4,190

How do you know that Opus#3 will have different dac chip etc?
Or where is information please on specification thank you
Ps do you know what Dac chip?

http://www.imgrum.org/media/1480967862054272789_2983281203

Should be the Burr Brown PCM1792A based on their hashtags.

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #2,134 of 4,190
wow. I was rather underwhelmed by the default firmware (fatigue inducing), and went to the trouble of updating to fw 2.0. Yes it crashed, left me confused like another fella few pages up. persisted, reinstalled the needed files and gave it another go...

oh baby sweet George Marcus, this thing sounds lovely. Normally a good iem would make you rediscover your music collection. In this case, Opus#1 just makes you rediscover your iem collection haha... ok time to move on!

best 400$ spent! got tired of being disappointed so I made it count! Podster, look I made it! countless hours of looking underneath the couch!

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #2,135 of 4,190

I hope the opus #3 wont be near a grand otherwise well you may as well go opus#2 

opus#1 £449 

opus#2 £1140

opus#3 £650 -£750???  I hope

Either way with the Opus sound with added benefit of bluetooth and wifi for those who want these features and with the legendary Opus uncluttered interface. (note to Opus) keep the gold Play button and touch buttons as is IT is Superb.

The Opus#3 will be a hit

At the current exchange rate that is $935 US dollars, I better get started in the classifieds now
rolleyes.gif

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #2,137 of 4,190
I've been thinking about returning my Fiil X5iii for the Opus 1. I'm just having a hard time getting used to the odd idiosyncrasies of the software. I have weird occasions where it will crash while switching songs, songs restarting when I hit pause, and the relatively significant power consumption even in sleep mode. One of the major selling points of the Opus is that it has the deep sleep mode and I presume a more lean stable UI.

Before I return the Fiio, can anyone help answer whether or not the Opus supports the ability to create multiple playlists. From what I read, it allows you to add songs to a "favorite" list but that doesn't sound like a true playlist creation. I tried looking online but I couldn't find any answers for this question. Also I read that the initial firmware had some stability issues like the last 10 seconds issue and UI crashing. Have these been addressed now? I just want to have a stable DAP.

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #2,138 of 4,190
I've been thinking about returning my Fiil X5iii for the Opus 1. I'm just having a hard time getting used to the odd idiosyncrasies of the software. I have weird occasions where it will crash while switching songs, songs restarting when I hit pause, and the relatively significant power consumption even in sleep mode. One of the major selling points of the Opus is that it has the deep sleep mode and I presume a more lean stable UI.

Before I return the Fiio, can anyone help answer whether or not the Opus supports the ability to create multiple playlists. From what I read, it allows you to add songs to a "favorite" list but that doesn't sound like a true playlist creation. I tried looking online but I couldn't find any answers for this question. Also I read that the initial firmware had some stability issues like the last 10 seconds issue and UI crashing. Have these been addressed now? I just want to have a stable DAP.

I'll let someone else talk about playlists, since I don't use them.

But I can say the UI is much more streamlined and user-friendly compaired to the X5-3.

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #2,139 of 4,190

I have 100 M3U playlists that I copied to the internal storage on my OPUS #1. The OPUS sees these playlists and automatically displays them in Playlists. I haven't tried to create or edit Playlists on the OPUS #1 as it's much easier to do on the computer.

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #2,140 of 4,190
I have 100 M3U playlists that I copied to the internal storage on my OPUS #1. The OPUS sees these playlists and automatically displays them in Playlists. I haven't tried to create or edit Playlists on the OPUS #1 as it's much easier to do on the computer.

So I guess it requires creating M3U playlist then importing it. That's kind of a bummer since I always found it very convenient to create playlists on the fly.

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #2,141 of 4,190
So I guess it requires creating M3U playlist then importing it. That's kind of a bummer since I always found it very convenient to create playlists on the fly.

It doesn't require creating and importing M3U playlists, you can create your own playlists on the player.

I had to create the M3U playlists to use on my FiiO X5 2nd gen as it was next to impossible to recreate my iTunes playlists on it. Once I had them created, it was then easy to reuse them in the Opus #1 and #2 and in my 3 cars.

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #2,142 of 4,190
Am contemplating to switch from my i5 to the Opus #1 as I realized I do not need all this Android and streaming nonsens,
therefore getting the advantages of a second SD-slot and I could give also balanced a try.

The original UI of the #1 turned me off but now it seems very nice. Probably it still cannot sort by "album artist" but I don't see
any DAPs which can.... Any issues with gapless? I have a lot of live albums in my library.

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #2,143 of 4,190
robit: I own Opus #1 and had FiiO X3 v3 in house for a week. I can easily say I'd take Opus #1 over the FiiO DAP. Better sound and better overall just experience.

BartSimpson1976: Not a bad move. I do like i5 quite a bit, but I do feel like Opus #1 takes sound up a notch.

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #2,144 of 4,190

I have plugged my opus 1 into five different computers not including two macs and it does not show up anywhere. When I first got it I plugged it in and it showed up immediately. Tried all the offered remedies and still nothing. Nothing on device manager, search for or add device. Any suggestions? It is on MTP connect mode. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back