thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Mar 29, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #2,116 of 4,190
Very excited about the Opus#3 

Looks very good although the volume wheel rocker was a sore point on the A&k Junior becoming very loose in feel over time.

Hopefully this could be addressed by The Bit if need be as customer support is much better than aforementioned brand.

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #2,117 of 4,190
  Very excited about the Opus#3 

Looks very good although the volume wheel rocker was a sore point on the A&k Junior becoming very loose in feel over time.

Hopefully this could be addressed by The Bit if need be as customer support is much better than aforementioned brand.

I am a bit disappointed that the 3 only has one micro sd slot.  Also i do not really care for the two completely differnt desings or patterns onn the back.  Will the Opuse 3 sound different than the Opus 1 Metal?  I am thinking Opus 1 Metal when i can afford it and a DPX1A as well and maybe a DPS1 for the tractor if my X5 1st gen ever goes out.  I like to have a few daps to choose from.  Since my ipods died I only have my lonely Fiio X5.  I just would like something nicer for non work days and such.

Thank you

Riley

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #2,118 of 4,190
So now these three DAPs (one smartphone/DAP) all have those volume wheel at the back.  How are these in actual usage?  Are they more effective and durable than volume pots/knobs?

Opus#3

AK Jr

Onkyo DP-CMX1 Granbeat

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #2,119 of 4,190
Opus #3 will be using a different DAC chip than what is in the Opus #1 and Opus #2..

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #2,122 of 4,190

How do you know that Opus#3 will have different dac chip etc?
Or where is information please on specification thank you
Ps do you know what Dac chip?

I had sent them an email awhile back asking if there was plans for a player between the #1 and #2.They responded that yes there was and mentioned that it was using a different DAC than the other two. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #2,123 of 4,190
I had sent them an email awhile back asking if there was plans for a player between the #1 and #2.They responded that yes there was and mentioned that it was using a different DAC than the other two. 

Opus#1 and #2 don't share the same DAC either.

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #2,124 of 4,190
Opus#1 and #2 don't share the same DAC either.

Of course not how can you charge the same for with different DAC's, the metal chassis can't cost that much more
wink_face.gif

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #2,125 of 4,190
Of course not how can you charge the same for with different DAC's, the metal chassis can't cost that much more:wink_face:

Well, seeing how inexpensive DAC chips really are, quite easily. You'd be charging for bigger screen, better components, higher amperage, wifi, Bluetooth, 4 times the internal storage, etc...

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #2,126 of 4,190
Well, seeing how inexpensive DAC chips really are, quite easily. You'd be charging for bigger screen, better components, higher amperage, wifi, Bluetooth, 4 times the internal storage, etc...

Yessir, one would hope that was the up charge for sure
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #2,127 of 4,190

Of course not how can you charge the same for with different DAC's, the metal chassis can't cost that much more
wink_face.gif

Remember the Opus #1 Metal is a low volume, limited edition model with different OpAmps. According to what I was told at CanJam NYC most of the price increase is tied to the case. I bet if they decided to replace the plastic case with a metal one the price premium would be less.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #2,129 of 4,190

Remember the Opus #1 Metal is a low volume, limited edition model with different OpAmps. According to what I was told at CanJam NYC most of the price increase is tied to the case. I bet if they decided to replace the plastic case with a metal one the price premium would be less.

Oh I believe it is a better unit all around and not just the case
wink_face.gif
I could kick myself now because when I got my plastic case model for $399 I could have sprinted just a little more for the metal at $499
redface.gif
I'm also sure the #3 will be a banger and with their popularity I'm afraid it will be pushing that grand mark
eek.gif

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #2,130 of 4,190

Oh I believe it is a better unit all around and not just the case
wink_face.gif
I could kick myself now because when I got my plastic case model for $399 I could have sprinted just a little more for the metal at $499
redface.gif
I'm also sure the #3 will be a banger and with their popularity I'm afraid it will be pushing that grand mark
eek.gif

I hope the opus #3 wont be near a grand otherwise well you may as well go opus#2 

opus#1 £449 

opus#2 £1140

opus#3 £650 -£750???  I hope

Either way with the Opus sound with added benefit of bluetooth and wifi for those who want these features and with the legendary Opus uncluttered interface. (note to Opus) keep the gold Play button and touch buttons as is IT is Superb.

The Opus#3 will be a hit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back