thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Apr 8, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #2,177 of 4,190
I thought the Bit does't support downgrading fw? :blink:

Says that on the firmware page I beleive "cannot be downgraded" or something like that.

The treble thing is a bit alarming as i find it already a little on the smooth side... think they changed the filter mode or something?

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #2,178 of 4,190
Says that on the firmware page I beleive "cannot be downgraded" or something like that.

The treble thing is a bit alarming as i find it already a little on the smooth side... think they changed the filter mode or something?

The first time I heard my Opus#1 I already thought it's smooth sounding.  At least that's compared to my other DAPs.

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #2,179 of 4,190

it was perfect for me at 2.0 where things were crystal clear, details abound without any hint of offense lol. it got more smoother :frowning2: I'd surrender the volume control during off time just to get the previous sound back :frowning2:

and yeah, it won't let me downgrade fw -- current fw is "updated"

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #2,180 of 4,190
Oh, man. You might be right because it's Android.

Yea man, they always leave a "cannot downgrade or something" message whenever they release a new fw build.

Yeah, it sort of put me off so I might refrain from updating my Opus for now.  
frown.gif

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #2,181 of 4,190
  Yea man, they always leave a "cannot downgrade or something" message whenever they release a new fw build.

Yeah, it sort of put me off so I might refrain from updating my Opus for now.  
frown.gif

yeah. if it ain't broke...don't fix it, right??? 

fair warning for everyone else -- it's not a total bummer -- though if you like the magic of your player...best keep it as is!

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #2,186 of 4,190
Only when you need the upgrade. I went 2.05 because I wanted volume control when in off-screen mode...

Hmmm. This is a rather tough decision. I guess I'll stick with v2.0. Although I prefer v2.00.05. Hmmm.

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #2,188 of 4,190
Me too. I don't need to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back