The ZMF Omni name change contest and sale
Nov 24, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #216 of 431
ZMF Om

"It is said to be the original sound that contains all other sounds, all words, all languages and all mantras." It's the all encompassing name your are looking for, is close to what it was named before and helps maintain your established product branding.

I see that Om is already a headphone name, but the phonetic spelling of Aum is available.

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #219 of 431
ZMF Shambhala?

From Wikipedia:

"Hindu texts such as the Vishnu Purana (4.24) mention the village Shambhala as the birthplace of Kalki, the final incarnation of Vishnu who will usher in a new Golden Age (Satya Yuga).

The legends, teachings and healing practices associated with Shambhala are older than any of these organized religions. Shambhala may very well have been an indigenous belief system, an Alti-Himalayan shamanic tradition, absorbed into these other faiths. This pre-existing belief system, also called Mleccha (from Vedic Sanskrit म्लेच्छ mleccha, meaning "non-Vedic"), and the amazing abilities, wisdom and long life of these 'sun worshipers' (the Siddhi from the Vedic Sanskrit सिद्धि of the ancient Surya Samadhi समाधि) is documented in both the Buddhist and Hindu texts. Whatever its historical basis, Shambhala (spelling derived from the Buddhist transliterations) gradually came to be seen as a Buddhist pure land, a fabulous kingdom whose reality is visionary or spiritual as much as physical or geographic. It was in this form that the Shambhala myth reached Western Europe and the Americas, where it influenced non-Buddhist as well as Buddhist spiritual seekers — and, to some extent, popular culture in general."

I think its a fitting name for the mythical paradisical land that the Atticus and Eikon came from...

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #221 of 431
'all encompassing" and "omni-present,"  "total musicality'
Most of the previous replies went with cliched choices such as trying to shorten existing words to sound cool or deriving names from other languages to appear intelligent. Others were dull and often involved using names that incorporated the themes mentioned above. I am not trying to put them down, all were worthy efforts. 
However in the ZMF website, it is mentioned that 
 'You can think of us as your local farmers market type of headphone builder.  I love to interact with owners and be an excited headphone junky myself. Above all, personally, it's to have fun and take pride in every set that goes out.
There's a sense of achievement in what goes in to make the headphones sound good. I feel like we should look towards an elaborate theme that captures the heart as well as the ambition. 
Therefore, I believe whole heartedly that you should go with the name 'ZMF Elan' 
Elan means 
energy, style, and enthusiasm if you look up the meaning on Google. It represents the endeavor that you undertake to make the headphones and at the same time, it symbolizes effervescent joy that one feels after hearing the headphones, other worldly pleasure of listening to music. 

On a side note, I am an Econ/Film uni student who is in his holidays and have too much time on his hand. Sorry for the overly long and enthusiastic reply. 

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #223 of 431
There is only one name that makes sense:

Omega

As the last letter of the greek alphabet, it should represent the end-game of the T50rp mods, or the last of this line. Also Ω - it has its own character (as does the headphone). 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #224 of 431
  ZMF Om

"It is said to be the original sound that contains all other sounds, all words, all languages and all mantras." It's the all encompassing name your are looking for, is close to what it was named before and helps maintain your established product branding.

Aw shucks, I was thinking of this very thing. You beat me to it. I've got a similar slant/alternative dealing with the impedance: ZMF Ohm or ZMF Ωhm.

Decided to go with ZMF Zero. It's symbolic and spiritual meanings can reference to: absolute, all-encompassing, beginning/ending, evolution, eternity, infinity, potential, rebirth, and totality. Zero can also refer to being neutral, balanced, and is a starting point for various methods of measurement. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back