The ZMF Omni name change contest and sale
Nov 22, 2016 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 431
THE ZMF ? 

If you look at zmfheadphones.com you'll notice that where "Omni" used to be, there is now a ?  The reason is, another headphone company trademarked the "Omni" name for headphones and doesn't want us to use it anymore!  While both our headphones were named at the same time, and we were un-aware of the other Omni, we have decided to rename "the headphone now formerly known as the omni," or THNFKATO.

So here's what we're doing!

1.  THNFKATO renaming contest.  Winner gets a THNFKATO for free!
Simply post on this thread what you think THNFKATO should be renamed.  We like names that have to do with the idea of "all encompassing" and "omni-present,"  "total musicality" etc etc etc.

One post per head-fier!  We will ship worldwide!  One name per head-fier, you may edit your entry though if you think of something you like better!

We will take submissions until Nov 30th, then check our website for the new name on Dec 1st to see if you won!

2.  THNFKATO Sale through Dec 15th

To celebrate THNFKATO, we are selling our current stock all at $799.99, including Cocobolo, Bocote and African Blackwood!

You can check it all out here.

If you order THNFKATO and win the contest, we will simply refund your order.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 22, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 431
ZMF Compass.

- Want a great sound? The Compass will show you the way.
- Synonyms include breadth, span, extent, implying it's everywhere.
- Rhymes with Atticus.
- I googled. No other headphones named Compass lol.

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 431
EDITTED BELOW to -

ZMF Ambiance (and alternative spelling of the same word is as) - ZMF Ambience.

ZMF Zeus.

Zeus, as a Greek god in mythology was omniscient, all knowing.

As Zeus, the word omniscient could also be used descriptively on the ZMF site, for the Zeus information, to provide a historical back-connection to the same Omni (without saying Omni), preventing any infringement since it is a descriptive term for the Zeus.

Zeus could represent the supreme god of the ZMF planar line.

EDIT -

There already is a headphone named Zeus (sorry !).

Please change my suggestion to -

ZMF Ambiance (and alternate spelling of the same word is as)- ZMF Ambience.

Thank you Zach for allowing us to participate.

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 431
 "Cosmos" taken

The ZMF Ambience

1. the mood, character, quality, tone, atmosphere, etc., particularly of an environment  

2. that which surrounds or encompasses; environment.

Either way, an Omni by any other name will still sound as sweet.

Thanks Zach!

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #8 of 431
ZMF VAVAU

VAVAU – The Samoan god of peace. The chief deity Tangaloa sent Vavau from the heavens down to the earth, forbidding him to return until he had brought peace to all humanity. And we all know a good set of headphones can bring some needed peace to our lives.

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #9 of 431
ZMF Gaea/Gaia

Mother earth. The universal mother. That which the wood used is birthed from. Always around us. The origin of the Atticus and Eikon. All originate from the all encompassing earth and return to it.

Natural.

Beautiful.

Grand.

A fitting name!

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #13 of 431
ZMF Symfoni, pronounced Symphony / the spelling is different from other HPs out there.

Or, my favorite: THE ZMF "F the other guys, I like Omni".

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #14 of 431
Well, going by the wording and marketing the headphone formerly known as Omni, I've found some things I'd like to draw from.

"ALL AROUND SOUND."

"When you buy a headphone, you don't want it to handle just a few genres well. You want a music slayer that will grab your music files and teach them a lesson, showing them how good they can really sound."

"tuned for musical enjoyment, detail, and extension."

"-that true to its name, does everything well."

I also wanted something that isn't the name of another headphone, and that has Latin roots like "Omni".

So I'd put forward the ZMF Unio. Unio is the root word for unity in Latin.

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #15 of 431
Zomi.

Start with Z (for ZMF), and still keeps the 'omi' part of the headphone. I'd rather keep new names for new headphones.

Four letters is better than five, hence not Zomni.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back