The ZMF Omni name change contest and sale
Nov 23, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #168 of 431
ZMF TOTUM -  

its the Latin pronoun for, whole, all, everything, total. i feel like the name goes with the headphone in both its physical aesthetic and sound.

I hope it wasn't a requirement for the name to be in English for sound passes all language barriers, its all encompassing such as your headphones. :)

I wanted to go with totus (which is just the male variety of the same word) but I guess that's taken now...

ZMF Thalassa has less of an obvious meaning to it, but somehow it sounds good to me.

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #171 of 431
ZMF Sovran

literary word for sovereign.

5. belonging to or characteristic of a sovereign or sovereign authority;royal.

6. having supreme rank, power, or authority.

7. supreme; preeminent; indisputable:

8. greatest in degree; utmost or extreme.

9. being above all others in character, importance, excellence, etc.

10. efficacious; potent:

Good luck everyone!

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #172 of 431
The ZMF Harbinger.
(Pronounced 'harbinjer', "The bringer of true sound." Weighty and bold, an instrument through which pure audio bliss can finally be achieved.)

The ZMF Supremacy.
(All encompassing, and the allusion to its dominant position in the audio world reminds us of its superior sound and heirloom quality design.)

Goodluck Zack!

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #177 of 431
All music is based upon the movement of air, vibrations made by instruments force simple air to become a moving message, a sweet breeze of sounds that have shaped our world for thousands of years. And proper headphones seek to make the air move in the most perfect way possible, and none can do anything without it.

Thus I postulate the ZMF Zephyr; defined as a gentle breeze. Ethereal in nature, uncontainable, yet the source of all music. Fitting I think

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #178 of 431
ZMF Periecho

Periecho is a Greek word, and it means to surround or to encompass

• to contain: of the subject-matter, contents, of a writing
  • to take possession of, to seize

The other contextual uses of the word can also mean that the sound of the THFKATO seizes the listener, and contains him/her in a sphere of music.

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #179 of 431
ZMF OPUS

An opus is a created work, usually musical in nature. More specifically, it is a big picture view of one's entire body of work, culminating into a masterpiece. I believe this name tells your story from your humble beginnings in modifying headphones to where you are now, producing your own original product. The sound of these headphones is the result of the totality of your life's work in headphone modification. The Opus is about the duality of the journey and the destination. 

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRA82xLsb_w

EDIT: ZMF OPIS --> spelling modification in case "Opus" is already used by another manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back