The Zishan dsd's corner
Dec 7, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #3,212 of 3,711
many more
Source(pc amarra Luxe or traktor pro 3.4) ->DAC(d90 mqa) ->crossover(rockville ppa20) ->Preamp(zen can) ->Tube Preamp(little dot mk3) ->Tube Preamp(little bear t10) -> AMPy or headphones
And do you using this same time?

@SnooDucksAudio You never know if you have orhinal one or not. Please change at least Muses see if hear diffrence :)

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #3,214 of 3,711
@fabien32
Maybe I'm wrong I see that thing first time. A have some audio engineering knowledge and skills. Maybe someone give some supervision about my opinion.

So much preamplificarion stages distort sound like guitar head amplifier. You hear very compressed sound right now. Every stage of equipment assume distortion not only give sound signature. In 90% DAC + AMP give best results in other 10% DAC nicely cooperate with pre amplifier and after that end amplifier.

Dec 8, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #3,215 of 3,711
1. AD8620AR and MUSES02 used for DSD4499 are original !!!
2. AK4499 - too complex DAC to be fully used in portable devices. Using it portable is just marketing!
3. DSD4499, like any other player on this DAC, has a number of limitations and simplifications, invented by Zishan engineers at their discretion.
4. However, in spite of the simplifications, by making the player revision
(which I posted with a photo earlier),
you can get results that are superior to those of devices at a price of $ 2000 or more ...
from $ 50 to $ 150 ... And this is quite a small amount of money for a device of this level!
The same applies to other Zishan DSDs.

5. It is very difficult to build a DAC and the entire analog path together with an amplifier in one player with one battery. therefore
the result with the connection of an external amplifier gives better technical results in many cases.
However, such a solution is not always convenient, so in my author's works I make a system with an amplifier inside that does not require an external amplifier anymore. As a result, on the Zishan DSD platform, you can get the most compact portable solution, which in terms of its characteristics and SOUND is not inferior even to stationary devices.

Dec 8, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #3,216 of 3,711
It's true that every cable and every device add some resistance, that's why I use purr sterling silver cables and top notch gear. Believe me or not when i tell you that, if done correctly that way is the the best sound you'll ever hear

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #3,217 of 3,711
1. AD8620AR and MUSES02 used for DSD4499 are original !!!
2. AK4499 - too complex DAC to be fully used in portable devices. Using it portable is just marketing!
3. DSD4499, like any other player on this DAC, has a number of limitations and simplifications, invented by Zishan engineers at their discretion.
4. However, in spite of the simplifications, by making the player revision
(which I posted with a photo earlier),
you can get results that are superior to those of devices at a price of $ 2000 or more ...
from $ 50 to $ 150 ... And this is quite a small amount of money for a device of this level!
The same applies to other Zishan DSDs.

5. It is very difficult to build a DAC and the entire analog path together with an amplifier in one player with one battery. therefore
the result with the connection of an external amplifier gives better technical results in many cases.
However, such a solution is not always convenient, so in my author's works I make a system with an amplifier inside that does not require an external amplifier anymore. As a result, on the Zishan DSD platform, you can get the most compact portable solution, which in terms of its characteristics and SOUND is not inferior even to stationary devices.
It's REAL? 😭😵. But I'm not satisfied with sound. And all the other DAPs sound meh... Ugh.

Dec 8, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #3,218 of 3,711
It's REAL? 😭😵. But I'm not satisfied with sound. And all the other DAPs sound meh... Ugh.
Really!
But the AD8620AR and MUSES02 is also a marketing part that has nothing to do with sound!
By themselves, these microcircuits are just a small part of the circuit,
which can be configured in completely different ways.

Dec 8, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #3,223 of 3,711
I don't know if the chips are fake or not, but one thing I know, it how they sound, and the dsds 4499 sounds better than any DAP I've heard. I didn't hear the A&S se200 so maybe it sounds better but i doubt that he does. The thing the zishan lack is Fonctionality and look

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #3,225 of 3,711
Yes, that is true with the Zishan and YinLuMei M400. But the I/V OpAmps, I'm not too sure. But if Slavalun says so, so be it. @slavalun have you tried out the YLM M400?
I think Chinese opamps it's case by case.
He's not the first I read here saying the AD8620 in DSDs ak4499 are genuine.

Here some Chinese opamps I got:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-zishan-dsds-corner.826185/page-91#post-14683393
Manufactures have different sources than Aliexpress:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-opamp-thread.432749/page-466#post-15915389

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back