The Zishan dsd's corner
Dec 24, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #1,322 of 3,711
Samsung A5 (2017)? I have that phone as well.
FiiO A5, portable amp. You might want to ask why adding an amp to the player... Well, with some DAPs, it makes a subtle difference. With the Zishan, I notice a better definition and better layering. As if the DAP just has to let the DAC do its work while the FiiO gives the juice... It makes maybe no sense on a technical side, but.... I hear it... The same with my ZX300/FiiO Q5 Combo

Dec 24, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #1,324 of 3,711
FiiO A5, portable amp. You might want to ask why adding an amp to the player... Well, with some DAPs, it makes a subtle difference. With the Zishan, I notice a better definition and better layering. As if the DAP just has to let the DAC do its work while the FiiO gives the juice... It makes maybe no sense on a technical side, but.... I hear it... The same with my ZX300/FiiO Q5 Combo
I see you connected the zishan with the A5 via the normal 3.5mm, as the zishan does not have line out. Does this cause any problems? Is it a viable solution, if I want to connect the DAP to a big amplifier to drive speakers?

Dec 24, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #1,325 of 3,711
I have a bunch of them @500 bitrate that don't even show up on the dap but play just fine on the pc.
I really don't know why this is happening... I have loaded my SD Card just once with Flac, Alac, CD-Rip, Aiff. I have to check in details which files are not playing and if some even don't appear on the DAP

Dec 24, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #1,326 of 3,711
I see you connected the zishan with the A5 via the normal 3.5mm, as the zishan does not have line out. Does this cause any problems? Is it a viable solution, if I want to connect the DAP to a big amplifier to drive speakers?
I would have liked a LO, but the PO makes the job. It creates absolutely no problem with the FiiO A5. Now, feeding a stereo amp with the Zishan via an adequate cable...well, I don't know tbh. If you try, start with volumes at zero.

I already connected my Cowon PM2 to the Violectric V280 and it worked... So, your solution likely should work

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #1,327 of 3,711
I also have problems with m4a files, hoping for a fix someday, but I wouldn't hold my breath too long, in the meantime I just convert or download.

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #1,328 of 3,711
I would have liked a LO, but the PO makes the job. It creates absolutely no problem with the FiiO A5. Now, feeding a stereo amp with the Zishan via an adequate cable...well, I don't know tbh. If you try, start with volumes at zero.

I already connected my Cowon PM2 to the Violectric V280 and it worked... So, your solution likely should work
Good to know that, thanks a lot. I am really into this player, and my only concerns were the lack of LO, and the high output impedance.

Regarding the output impedance, does anybody know if something like this would work? I have a multi BA IEM, and I am worried about that output impedance. Does anybody remember the value?

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #1,330 of 3,711
I experience frequent crashes during mp3 playback..

Flac format seems to be the most stable. I don't have any wav, dsd or aac files as yet.
Mine freezes too except mp3 playback. I think it is caused by buffer handling. That is why smaller size mp3 files is fine. You need to slow down or pause for 1-2 sec for the command key presses to give the DAP time to "digest" the data buffer.

Dec 24, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #1,331 of 3,711
Mine freezes too except mp3 playback. I think it is caused by buffer handling. That is why smaller size mp3 files is fine. You need to slow down or pause for 1-2 sec for the command key presses to give the DAP time to "digest" the data buffer.
Yea.. this definitely works.

The crashes aren't as frequent if you pause btw key presses.

Dec 24, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #1,332 of 3,711
Some audio files have big metadata, like very big cover photos, some players crash if they can't process such big images or if the metadata is somehow corrupted.
I had this problem in Z1 with some random files, so I removed all the metadata from my files and had no more crashes.
Do you think it could be the case?

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #1,333 of 3,711
Hey guys, help needed - the firware site seems to require registration, and I've managed to flash an old version (the one where you get tetris, and lose AAC decoding!)

Can anyone give me a link to the zishan_dsd_0.4H.rar file ? Or message me it ?

TIA.

Dec 25, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #1,334 of 3,711
Hey guys, help needed - the firware site seems to require registration, and I've managed to flash an old version (the one where you get tetris, and lose AAC decoding!)

Can anyone give me a link to the zishan_dsd_0.4H.rar file ? Or message me it ?

TIA.
https://yadi.sk/d/nlFB-87o3Ubefx
Should work, there's the g and h plus the 180 eq settings

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back