1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Zishan dsd's corner

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by neog007, Nov 17, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last
  1. Ivan TT
    Just for lols :)
    (sorry about the quality)

[​IMG]

IcedFrosty and DBaldock9 like this.
  2. DBaldock9

The Mojo doesn't have any analog inputs, so are you using the DSD as a digital transport - after doing all the mods to the analog output circuits?
    You may not even need the analog circuit board installed, to output the SPDIF or USB digital audio.

IcedFrosty likes this.
  3. Ivan TT
    I could, but I did it just as an experiment, for fun.
    Also, helps with A/B testing, as the same audio plays via DSD and Mojo.
    Indeed, and there are claims out there that Mojo sounds differently over USB compared to coax/toslink SPDIF connection, hence the test.
    Not sure if I can confirm it though.
    Speaking of which, sound is in the same league quality-wise, but sound-signatures are subtly different: modded DSD goes just a touch lower, has a touch more aggressive (direct, in-your-face, dynamic) presentation, especially in midrange, Mojo is more laid-back and softer, although it's like 5% difference.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  4. bobsherman
    I have been reading this interesting thread and have a question regarding the standard 4495 DSD. Does it have any turn-on or turn-off, or thumps during operation? Concerned about starting stopping etc with headphones connected. TIA

5. arielp
    At least on the 4497 the is no on off distortion

DBaldock9 likes this.
  6. bobsherman
    Thanks

7. max232
    Anyone else have issues while testing the "180EQ" settings?

I've done enough testing to come to the conclusion that the EQ on this device caused a multitude of problems for me. Loud pops followed by no audio. The device would keep playing just no sound until I rebooted or reset it. The problem was resolved by deleting the "180EQ" folder from memory and doing the factory reset by holding the center and left buttons while powered down. I then made sure the EQ was set to off. No more problems. I was one episode away from send the unit back to China.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  8. arielp
    I have tried test the 180EQ... Which most , if not all clips the sound... Hate it.. but i just delete the folder and do factory reset..then no issue for me..

Have you try reflashing?

9. arielp
    Finally decided to follow this configuration.. input caps using 100uF tantalum (measured around 110uF ), output caps using 2x200uF tantalum each channel (measured around 450uF) ... definitely improvement .. :D

tant.PNG

10. max232
    Looks good! It looks very similar to the upgrade the factory is offering. There's a picture of it several posts back. The seller I used offered that upgrade for $46 US including return shipping with tracking. I would have to cover shipping to him which would probably set me back another $20. I'm wondering if my old ears would really be able to notice a difference? Was it required to change all the caps in order to get that op amp to work properly? How would those mods effect batter life if any?

11. arielp
    no. the opamp can still use any caps... but using that opamp.. need to remove the dip socket...

12. Themilkman46290
    what seller? Could you tell me who or possibly send a link, thinking of getting the upgraded version and not sure what seller s are best

13. max232
    eBay seller shenglongsi. I've purchased several items from them Highly recommend

14. Themilkman46290
    Thanks, I will check them out

15. vaggbaba
    I have Ibasso dx90 and dx50. Are these comperable in sound quality with Zishan ak4497

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last