The Zishan dsd's corner
Mar 6, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #3,361 of 3,711
BTW - That does look like a coastal op-amp - built on stilts, above the storm surge height... :wink:
Im so happy You see this and give me feedback! Im Photographer and thats my intention :D This is engineering sample of V6 and i promise Burson to do some pics for them and that was my first "photo scrach" using my phone.

This is crazy project to puting so advanced opa to cheap devices but opa will stay and device can be replaced.

@edit
I did it!
PXL_20210310_000407613.jpg
Sounds greate, and better than other opamps.
Tested with 8820, 2228, 1361, 1364, 1622, 1612, 49720.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #3,365 of 3,711
@londere , Yes that's true but still don't have guarante if it's fits. I saw only one picture with decaped process without mesurments,
. Literally its possible if destroy permanently this metal using small metal scissors. V5i have unique IC chip based on full discrette V5 design with some caps and resistors on small pcb and maybe is more sensitive to RF than regular opa so metal cap is needed.
Best way is just take off 1-2mm of opa dip8 connector. I need only 1mm of metal legs onto PCB board of DSD.
I have done some tests and V5i is quite similar to V6 Classic on Zishan ofc.
My main project was integrate V6 on DSDs between 2 boards but it's quite risky V6 need desoldering 2 boards and in chechnjcal.way can fit inside DSDs but it's too risky and quite overpowered also :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #3,366 of 3,711
@londere , Yes that's true but still don't have guarante if it's fits. I saw only one picture with decaped process without mesurments,
. Literally its possible if destroy permanently this metal using small metal scissors. V5i have unique IC chip based on full discrette V5 design with some caps and resistors on small pcb and maybe is more sensitive to RF than regular opa so metal cap is needed.
Best way is just take off 1-2mm of opa dip8 connector. I need only 1mm of metal legs onto PCB board of DSD.
I have done some tests and V5i is quite similar to V6 Classic on Zishan ofc.
My main project was integrate V6 on DSDs between 2 boards but it's quite risky V6 need desoldering 2 boards and in chechnjcal.way can fit inside DSDs but it's too risky and quite overpowered also :wink:
IT will be about 2 mm too big, you could cut a square the size of the battery from the back of the case, it will fit, bu you will need a cover for your battery

Mar 17, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #3,367 of 3,711
IT will be about 2 mm too big, you could cut a square the size of the battery from the back of the case, it will fit, bu you will need a cover for your battery
That's also an option in this scenario I can fit Burson V5i and V6 Classic by simply remove battery from DSDs case and put on back of the chasis or just use some fancy powerbank as battery pack.

Mar 17, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #3,368 of 3,711
My main project was integrate V6 on DSDs between 2 boards but it's quite risky V6 need desoldering 2 boards and in chechnjcal.way can fit inside DSDs but it's too risky and quite overpowered also
Only consider isolating the digital board, I have 2 as spare parts/damaged by pin contact with opamp pins or try to build a line/bus in order to expand the size the between boards or to be separated also consider building a custom (acrylic) case for the modded zishan

Mar 17, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #3,369 of 3,711
@londere I mean Burson V6 Dual have 2 boards inside and if you just turn OPAmp appart it is technical way to mount inside DSDs using wires between digital and gnalog boards in stock chassis.

@edit
Main thing is that if analogue 3,5mm section of DSDs with Burson V5i (and caps replacement in future) will be better or similar compared to some ordinary portable same size amplifier.

@edit2
Done!
Lowered by 3mmIMG_20210317_163008_tigr~2.jpg
IMG_20210317_170155_tigr~2.jpg

Everything fit and working :)

After 3h listening my favourite albums I must say that was best decision.
I don't know what decided more to have overall better sound.
- Hybrid IC-Discrette design
- RFI isolation
- Direct tin-silver soldering to PCB
One thing is most important it was totally worth it.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #3,370 of 3,711
Time to replace caps and power rail chips.
I found Zishan DSD 4495 replacement parts but DSDs Dual 4497 have different board.
Someone can share list of best components to change? Please :)

Apr 26, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #3,373 of 3,711
Yes :)

Today when I grab my DSDs Dual 4497 I realize one of this little price goes away.

But... It's still working 😂

This one:
Same thing happened to mine last month. SAME CHIP, Same location.
The DSd still works, but I think the sound is slightly brighter (on one side?). Not sure about that. I may just "tape" it back on the board with some SMT glue.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #3,374 of 3,711
@buzzbuzz please just solder again with 1mm closer to DAC chip.
I found that case just touching it and creating dangerous shortcutas well. Player can just restart and causes some sparks :sweat_smile:
This is clearly a design fail from factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back