The Zishan dsd's corner
Jul 11, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #2,881 of 3,711
No. It is not a change in sound, the bass are broken and the sound is bad. I tried this with many different ways
I see. It seems the low impedance / high current parallel load presented by the IEMatch was too much for the amp in this particular device.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 11, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #2,882 of 3,711
I see. It seems the low impedance / high current parallel load presented by the IEMatch was too much for the amp in this particular device.
I don't know what the science beyond it, but the way It sounds to me, it's like the filter decrease the amount of energy that can go through, so on one hand you get noise reduction, but on the other hand when you raise the volume to more than the bottle neck can handle, the sound become choppy

Jul 17, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #2,885 of 3,711
Can Someone help me?

Somehow, my Zishan is not recognizing the songs in the SD card. It sees that the card is inserted. But not seeing anything in it. I tried reformatting the card and reinstalling the songs but same prob.

:frowning2:
I had a similar problem, with a Fiio X5iii it would not read the card because it still had the information from the card stored. So, it thought the files were there, and saw no reason to show the files on the card. I had to factory reset put the card back in and all the files were viewable. Not sure is this is something that can be done with a Zishan. However, I did load new files into the card in my Zishan and found that there were not appearing. The old files were there just not the new ones. I found changing the name of the new folder files - The New Model Army - Winter to NMA - Winter meant that the folder and files were viewable.

Jul 17, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #2,886 of 3,711
Hi all.
Am still using this player, the original one from the first few pages of this thread with the volume dial and crazy power output.
Mine is a modified 15v one.
I was waiting to see how the firmware updates were, but after some time I forgot about updating to the newest.

I read up until page 60 again, and the last firmware i saw mentioned was 0.4H

Is there another firmware version since that which is stable, and does anybody have the files or direct working link to the firmware update ( either 0.4H or newer )

I figure after 3 years + I should probably update that :)
I do not want to get messed up with incompatible versions meant for other models, mine I think is the 4495 chip ( if I recall correctly )
I did grab the 0.4L files...safe to use?

Thanks a bunch.

P.S. whatever happened to those D200 players, still around?

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #2,889 of 3,711
Hi all.
Am still using this player, the original one from the first few pages of this thread with the volume dial and crazy power output.
Mine is a modified 15v one.
I was waiting to see how the firmware updates were, but after some time I forgot about updating to the newest.

I read up until page 60 again, and the last firmware i saw mentioned was 0.4H

Is there another firmware version since that which is stable, and does anybody have the files or direct working link to the firmware update ( either 0.4H or newer )

I figure after 3 years + I should probably update that :)
I do not want to get messed up with incompatible versions meant for other models, mine I think is the 4495 chip ( if I recall correctly )
I did grab the 0.4L files...safe to use?

Thanks a bunch.

P.S. whatever happened to those D200 players, still around?
on the official baidu software site in baidu, they didn't make a separate folder for different type of dsd. every version available are being put in the same folder, therefore i think they are using the same software between 4495 and 4497 one

Jul 21, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #2,891 of 3,711
Hi all, a new Zishan AK4499 owner here, and I have some questions to learn more.

1. What is the function of the "Full Speed" under SYSTEM? Does it do anything?
2. I noticed that the Lineout is variable volume. Is that normal?

Many thanks. I am enjoying the sound while reading up more about the device to get the most out of it (e.g., TURBO or not).

Jul 22, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #2,892 of 3,711
Hi all, a new Zishan AK4499 owner here, and I have some questions to learn more.

1. What is the function of the "Full Speed" under SYSTEM? Does it do anything?
2. I noticed that the Lineout is variable volume. Is that normal?

Many thanks. I am enjoying the sound while reading up more about the device to get the most out of it (e.g., TURBO or not).

The reason that the Line Output is variable Volume - is that the volume on the DSD is controlled by changing the output level of the AK DAC chip.
The only way to have fixed Line Output and variable Headphone Output, would be to set a fixed output level on the DAC feeding the Line Output op-amp, and place a separate digitally controlled attenuator between the DAC and the Headphone op-amps.

Jul 23, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #2,894 of 3,711

Users who are viewing this thread

Back