1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Zishan dsd's corner

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by neog007, Nov 17, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
169 170 171 172 173
Next

Last
  1. Merlin-PT
    I didn't removed them, so let's wait for others that removed them to reply.

tunganh46 likes this.
  2. citral23
    Maybe as an additional benefit, but the main purpose if I understand correctly is short-circuit protection, so if you remove them you basically have to never plug/unplug phones while the DAP is on or you'll short the circuit, even very briefly.

3. Ivan TT
    From OP275 datasheet:
    So it should be safe to remove (short) 4 balanced output resistors, but output impedance will still be high (15Ohm).
    I replaced LPF opamps for AD8620 and shorted output resistors, no issues so far. These have quite low output impedance and output short circuit protection too (even if it not an issue with balanced output as ground is not utilised at all).

Merlin-PT and HeyManslowdown97 like this.
  4. DrSteinein

How i change the oamp. If i buy a muses02 how do i put it on it and where?

5. oneula
    there's a video from Mark Erman on it but it looks like requires soldering which I hope isn't the case
    I've been changing the op amp in my Z3 as its pretty much pull plug and play. It has a burson 5vi dual in there now

6. DrSteinein
    If someone could verify its only "plug and play" without soldering on the Zishan DSD i would go for it and do it. Otherwise i dont have the gear and skills to do it.

7. Themilkman46290
    Both my zishan dsd's had rollable opamps

DrSteinein likes this.
  8. DrSteinein
    Could you explain where i had to unplug and plug the components and which components do you prefer for the mod?

9. oneula
    here's the DSD op amp rolling video I was talking about

10. DrSteinein
    So i need a knife to cut the oamp? its not that good explaint. What i should do with the oamp on the beginning. And its with soldering, so for me impossible to do it. not just plug and done.

11. Themilkman46290
    All zishan dsd versions have a rollable opamp, they also have a opamp as gain, lpf and on some their is another opamp, so a total of 3-4 depending on the version you can change the gain or lpf easily, but the video above is changing the soldered in op275, same as the z3, it has a rollable opamp and 1 soldered in, so if you only roll the 1 opamp in your z3, and want the same from a dsd then you are good to go.

12. Merlin-PT
  13. DrSteinein
    Could you show me on the Zishan DSD which part is rollable and which part should i buy? Is there recomendation?

14. Merlin-PT
    You need to tell us what DAC you have, because there are different HW versions, with different layout, depending on the DAC used.

15. DrSteinein
    Does it help? Capture+_2019-10-23-23-28-23~2.png

DBaldock9 likes this.
First

Back
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
169 170 171 172 173
Next

Last