The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread
May 6, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #1,727 of 5,721
How do I test if it does indeed have auto sample rate switching? I was looking at the control panel while I played some 44khz and 96khz files, and the sample rate stayed at 44khz, so I'm not convinced yet that its working as it should.

May 6, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #1,729 of 5,721

Quote:
How do I test if it does indeed have auto sample rate switching? I was looking at the control panel while I played some 44khz and 96khz files, and the sample rate stayed at 44khz, so I'm not convinced yet that its working as it should.

The control panel itself is bypassed. You can check by trying to change settings in control centre - nothing changes.

May 6, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #1,730 of 5,721
I'm not an expert here but make sure that you've all the legs plugged into the correct socket. I'm guessing from the label on the tank but I'm not sure if the label on all of them are aligned in the same orientation. Apart from that I guess there shouldn't be any problem because the adaptor is just there to facilitate easy installation. Correct me if I'm wrong here

BTW, your name comes from a Japanese light novel, no? :)

Quote:
good day ...

i am nubie & want to ask (sorry for my bad english - i am not native for it)
i change opamp for my stx for i/v with pair of LME49720HA & pleased with it so far
biggrin.gif
with default buffer opamp LM4562

what i want to ask are :
  1. is it normal for LME49720HA temperature to be very hot when active? (my finger can't stay a second when touch it)
  2. is it safe in long term when i use it without converter like all of you guys recommended (see picture bellow)
  3. what the best buffer opamp from my choice available at my country? there are: LME49720HA, LT111, LT1363CN8, LT1028ACN8#PBF. i don't know wheter there are single or dual channel (i can manage to make it dual by combining 2 of single with converter available if a must) what i am looking for is for warmer sound than LM4562 with limited stock available

thanks before (& sorry if i break any rule in this forum that i'am not aware of it)

May 6, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #1,732 of 5,721
Works fine in xp ,must remove old drivers first though!.
I can see the sample rate changing on my dacmagic's display,although nothing changes in the control panel so i assume its working.
As i cant see the bitrate ,do i assume i still have to configure asio in foobar if i change from 16 bit to 24 bit recordings ?.

May 6, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #1,733 of 5,721
Well, it looks like connected fine to me. I am doing the same too and found no problems.

May 6, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #1,734 of 5,721
it should be automatic. even if you select 24-bit and play 16-bit song, it will output 16-bit

Quote:
Works fine in xp ,must remove old drivers first though!.
I can see the sample rate changing on my dacmagic's display,although nothing changes in the control panel so i assume its working.
As i cant see the bitrate ,do i assume i still have to configure asio in foobar if i change from 16 bit to 24 bit recordings ?.

May 6, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #1,737 of 5,721

Quote:
I'm not an expert here but make sure that you've all the legs plugged into the correct socket. I'm guessing from the label on the tank but I'm not sure if the label on all of them are aligned in the same orientation. Apart from that I guess there shouldn't be any problem because the adaptor is just there to facilitate easy installation. Correct me if I'm wrong here

BTW, your name comes from a Japanese light novel, no? :)

So far i have no problem & had listening it for days
What i do worried is opamp temperature, is it normal with very hot metal can? Now with stx shielding cover put back in place i know it will even hotter

If there are no alternatives available yet, I'll chose same LME49720HA for buffer part. Is it good changing LM4562 with LME49720HA as buffer opamp? so it will be triple LME49720HA
I hope it will make sound output more warmer & revealing than before. For what i know LME49720 is better version than LM4562, isn't it?

smile.gif
My nick ID came from Japanese anime : Kino no Tabi - Byouki no Kuni

May 6, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #1,738 of 5,721
My god, the improvement is dramatic. Either I was doing something wrong with the settings before or it's the driver. I didn't expect this much difference. Everything is more detailed and vibrant.

Question: Will everything be bit-perfect or only on ASIO compliant playback software?

May 7, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #1,740 of 5,721
I don't know. I changed from KS to ASIO in foobar so maybe it was that, but I don't see how since as far as I'm aware they both do the same thing. It's seriously about 30% better, easily noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back