The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Jun 15, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #1,201 of 1,243
Yes. I can guranteed the ate s version is a sucessor of kz ate. Different sellers have different pricing.

Officially they are selling at the same retail price in official kz tmall site.
Official kz tmall store also stated kz ate S is an updated version.

If you can understand chinese or use google translate: kz official site https://world.tmall.com/item/524396865868.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4011-10481441738.71.0RXm4Y&id=524396865868&rn=029dd857ce97bbfbcb87de6f0896aa5d&abbucket=16&sku_properties=5919063:6536025

I'm assuming kz ate is more ex in the market as its more popular than ate s. Since nobody really knows KZ and where to find info. They probably dont even know kz ate s exists and there are no reviews for kz ate s yet. I bought kz ate-s 9usd while kz ate 8usd in aliexpress however.
Thanks very informative, I was also searching for ATE S reviews but so far I haven't found any. I'm expecting to receive my KZ in ear this week and I'm really excited to compare it to some of my higher end in ears and specially to the Xiaomi hybrid which is a very positive experience so far.

Jun 24, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #1,202 of 1,243
I'm pretty sad, mine died this month, been using them daily since Sept 2014 so I guess I can't complain. Now I am lurking the Chinese thread for my next buys.
mine.... piston 2 still working great fully... still badass as for my daily companion bud... been using since 2013

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #1,203 of 1,243
mine.... piston 2 still working great fully... still badass as for my daily companion bud... been using since 2013

Same here. Mine have been through HELL but still look almost new. Snagged the wire on things almost every day, roll it up and put it in my pocket without protection, been through 5 FULL washing cycles and are still performing like nobody's business. I lost them for a brief 2 week period and had to use my brother's backup Skull Candy IEM's and boy did I miss the Pistons. You only realize how good they are once you switch to el cheapo name brand IEM's.

Durability wise they have outlasted all my other IEM's, whether cheap or expensive by years. Given the way I treat them, most of my IEM's don't last more than 6 months before one channel starts going bad or it fails all together.

Jul 1, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #1,204 of 1,243
same here before i lost it in park, it was the best iem i used, even though i tried many after that like piston hybrid, zircon, letv, monks etc. i treated it like ****, just throwing it around and in pockets.

build quality wise, nothing matches xiaomi in that regard. 

Jul 3, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #1,205 of 1,243
I bought the 1more piston classics from here: https://usa.1more.com/products/piston-classic-in-ear-headphones
and also bought them in original gold version from here: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7738017282.html?orderId=75759194617319 since they don't offer that color scheme in their US store.

Compared to the Xiaomi version they lack bass but have slightly more defined highs. I've had them for about a week now and they seem to be burning in and sounding better, although that might just be me getting used to them. I bought them mainly because I was excited that the volume control works for iOS devices now however, I find myself using the Xiaomi Piston Hybrids over any of the other ones (Piston 2, Piston Classic, Piston 3). 

Jul 3, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #1,206 of 1,243
  I bought the 1more piston classics from here: https://usa.1more.com/products/piston-classic-in-ear-headphones
and also bought them in original gold version from here: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7738017282.html?orderId=75759194617319 since they don't offer that color scheme in their US store.

Compared to the Xiaomi version they lack bass but have slightly more defined highs. I've had them for about a week now and they seem to be burning in and sounding better, although that might just be me getting used to them. I bought them mainly because I was excited that the volume control works for iOS devices now however, I find myself using the Xiaomi Piston Hybrids over any of the other ones (Piston 2, Piston Classic, Piston 3). 

Hmmm? Space Grey color sounds interesting and it's tuned to sound even better than ever. OK, they're on my next list! 
cool.gif

Jul 3, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #1,207 of 1,243
Yeah I bought the space grey's first but liked the original dark brown and gold ones better so bought the new versions of those as well. I don't think they sound better (or worse) than the Xiaomi Piston 2s but like I said I like the fact that they fully function with iOS devices now. And for that price they still can't be beat! I think the space grey's can be found on amazon prime directly through 1more.

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #1,209 of 1,243
Just received my Xiaomi 1more piston classic IF 2.0 Plus Edition in gold, and with my AK300Dap/380Amp they sound amazing! Loved how they sounded right out of the box. I also had the InEar SD2 and Final Audio Heaven VI, but I like the piston classic way more. 

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #1,210 of 1,243
  Just received my Xiaomi 1more piston classic IF Edition in gold, and with my AK300Dap/380Amp they sound amazing! Loved how they sounded right out of the box. I also had the InEar SD2 and Final Audio Heaven VI, but I like the piston classic way more. 

Wow! That's good to hear!

I still got the first IF Edition in gold brand new and packaged. These are still a one-of-a-kind gem for me!
wink.gif

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #1,211 of 1,243

I still got the first IF Edition in gold brand new and packaged. These are still a one-of-a-kind gem for me!
wink.gif

Absolutely. The hype train that went on for almost 2 years has been completely justified. How can this build and sound quality be produced at such a low price? Just amazing!

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #1,212 of 1,243

I still got the first IF Edition in gold brand new and packaged. These are still a one-of-a-kind gem for me! :wink:

U selling???

Sep 20, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #1,215 of 1,243

Absolutely. The hype train that went on for almost 2 years has been completely justified. How can this build and sound quality be produced at such a low price? Just amazing!

.....and don't forget, they also have beryllium dynamic drivers, just like the **** 4in1's. There's something about beryllium that makes it all worth it! 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back