The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Dec 7, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #826 of 1,243
How is the xperia z2 compatibility with piston 2? Some guy was telling, latest update 167 fixed it? Looking to buy z2 for its high res audio features but stuck because of compatibility!
Anybody own a z2? Or know of this

If you want all three buttons to work on your Xperia, well, you're better off looking elsewhere. Otherwise, the centre button and mic should work with practically any phone (except the ones that use a different connector).

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #827 of 1,243
Phones have so much EMI https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_interference and use so much noise suppression techniques that it's simply a waste of time using one for "hi res" audio.

Nobody else advertised hi-res, so there must be something that other don't have. They show direct playback of PCM lossless on their advert, so with the price drop, it is fitting my budget. But piston 2 is what I want with these, these are simply the best.

I knew about xperia z2 incompatibility but in recent update someone says it was fixed. Which I believe can be done with software. See, Sony has an stereo microphone accessory that plugs in same port as the 5 pole 3.5mm port with active noise cancellation. Since the same port support input and output. Thus it is programmable.
Just wanted to be clear!

Dec 9, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #832 of 1,243
Does anyone know if the silver/black ones are genuine Xiaomi products? Personally I think they look better than the gold/black ones but I'm afraid go buy one because it's not listed on the official site.

Dec 9, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #833 of 1,243
  Does anyone know if the silver/black ones are genuine Xiaomi products? Personally I think they look better than the gold/black ones but I'm afraid go buy one because it's not listed on the official site.

What do you mean by black? The Pistons are gold/brown. If you refer to the silver/brown Pistons, then those are the old Pistons 1.0, which are discontinued. I wrote a review for them, which you can check them out here. If you want to purchase those, you're better off not getting them as 1.) there seem to be only fakes floating around and 2.) The Pistons 2 sound much, much better. If you want, though, you can check out the silver/white Pistons, available here.

Hope this helps.
thatBeatsguy

Dec 9, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #835 of 1,243
  I was a bit confused about that. I asked a bunch of people on the internet but they did not give me a helpful response like yours. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

No problem. Also, welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #836 of 1,243
Hi, i just purchased a Xiaomi Pistons 2, but I'm not sure whether these are genuine or fake.
They do smell a bit like chocolate. I uploaded a few pictures on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/fxreC

Dec 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #837 of 1,243
  Hi, i just purchased a Xiaomi Pistons 2, but I'm not sure whether these are genuine or fake.
They do smell a bit like chocolate. I uploaded a few pictures on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/fxreC

Where did you purchase these from? If you purchased these from a seller not on the list in the first post, please let me know so I could add it as an entry. If it is, also let me know of that.

From the pictures, the Pistons you have should be legit. Also, welcome to Head-Fi!

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #838 of 1,243
  What do you mean by black? The Pistons are gold/brown. If you refer to the silver/brown Pistons, then those are the old Pistons 1.0, which are discontinued. I wrote a review for them, which you can check them out here. If you want to purchase those, you're better off not getting them as 1.) there seem to be only fakes floating around and 2.) The Pistons 2 sound much, much better. If you want, though, you can check out the silver/white Pistons, available here.

Hope this helps.
thatBeatsguy

I can confirm that the silver/white from Ibuygou are the real thing, and this has never been in dispute. The silver version have slightly different large tips - double flange. I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #840 of 1,243
  Where did you purchase these from? If you purchased these from a seller not on the list in the first post, please let me know so I could add it as an entry. If it is, also let me know of that.

From the pictures, the Pistons you have should be legit. Also, welcome to Head-Fi!

Thanks, I was quite confused because the mark for right and left are different from the marks i've seen in other pictures...
I purchased them from LeStar on amazon:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00JFHMFNE/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p23_d1_i1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=001Q8584EKJ5YCXE80VM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455353807&pf_rd_i=301128

Users who are viewing this thread

Back