The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #676 of 1,243

Again,

Still don't get the use of apostrophes. Makes the "medium round wide-bore foam tips" sound unintendedly suspicious. 

Lol. .....I hope there's more to your life than just playing English teacher at head-fi. We all here could depict so many misspelled words coming from you. But, we're not here for that are we? Give some constructive opinions and stay focused. There are too many people from around the world giving there opinions here, so let's have some fun on the main subject and get back to being a student.

Ps. Your jokes are getting a little old. 

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #677 of 1,243

Again,

Still don't get the use of apostrophes. Makes the "medium round wide-bore foam tips" sound unintendedly suspicious. 

Lol. .....I hope there's more to your life than just playing English teacher at head-fi. We all here could depict so many misspelled words coming from you. But, we're not here for that are we? Give some constructive opinions and stay focused. There are too many people from around the world giving there opinions here, so let's have some fun on the main subject and get back to being a student.

*shrug* I got a chuckle out of it. You know it was only in jest. As you noted, it has been made abundantly clear to everyone, many times over, the we all come from different cultures, backgrounds, and for many English is not a first, second, or even third language. Just enjoy the conversation :)

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #678 of 1,243

Again,

their* Yes, people there are typos all the time, but appearing eloquent makes your argument that much more convincing. :p

Oct 26, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #679 of 1,243
If ur using stock eartips, which size are u all using? I find the smallest sized ones to fit the best and are most comfortable for long usage. The bigger ones will make my earholes feel stretched after like 1-2 hours of listening.

I'm curious about the comply foams though. Heard good things about them, and they sure look comfy on the ears compared to silicone. How do we clean them though, are they safe to run water on?

they're comfy, but you only get about 2 weeks usage out of them before they fall apart. it's quite an expensive proposition. i've heard shure's olive tips are similar but cheaper, but not tried them.

i have some left over complys from my re-400 i am going to try on my newly received pistons tomorrow.

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #680 of 1,243
they're comfy, but you only get about 2 weeks usage out of them before they fall apart. it's quite an expensive proposition. i've heard shure's olive tips are similar but cheaper, but not tried them.

i have some left over complys from my re-400 i am going to try on my newly received pistons tomorrow.

Who would buy them if they only lasted 2 weeks? :)

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #681 of 1,243
  Hi :) can I ask? is that a TTPOD T1-E? What can you say about the SQ and the Fit between TTPOD T1-E and Pistons v2?

bass isn't as deep and boomy as pistons.  it's tighter cleaner bass. mids are more forward than pistons.  good upgrade.  i find them much more comfortable too as the pistons can be uncomforatble if the housings touch the edge of your ears which they would do at times.  

T1e has slightly more V-shaped sound, but is better than the Pistons in every f'ing way. Case closed.

i agree with this here.  i see other people call it an "L" shaped sound sig tho.   

Wow, that is interesting... makes me think twice about ordering them now... Thanks.

they are pretty sweet in sound and build quality

If ur using stock eartips, which size are u all using? I find the smallest sized ones to fit the best and are most comfortable for long usage. The bigger ones will make my earholes feel stretched after like 1-2 hours of listening.

I'm curious about the comply foams though. Heard good things about them, and they sure look comfy on the ears compared to silicone. How do we clean them though, are they safe to run water on?

i use the ones that came on the actual pistons.   i tried it with all other sizes and tried different brands and i liked the ones that came on them best.  

with all this said about the TTPOD's i still miss my pistons and will be getting another set sometime in the near future.  

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #682 of 1,243

bass isn't as deep and boomy as pistons.  it's tighter cleaner bass. mids are more forward than pistons.  good upgrade.  i find them much more comfortable too as the pistons can be uncomforatble if the housings touch the edge of your ears which they would do at times.  

i agree with this here.  i see other people call it an "L" shaped sound sig tho.   

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #683 of 1,243

Comply foams are comfortable. Much more so than most silicone I've tried. If inserted properly, I barely notice them at all, especially when chewing or moving my jaw. Was able to have them in my ears with no discomfort whatsoever for more than 8 hours but I do find that my bi-flange tips actually provided very marginally better sound. In the end, I guess it really depends on the ear of the person in question.

Downside, they wear down fast. I used the pair that came with mine for a good 4 months with no problems whatsoever (guess it depends on a lot of factors). While they did clean up pretty well, they no longer compress down as well as when they were new (less plastic) and starts peeling and fraying all over after the second wash so I have pretty much stopped using them. Bear in mind though, that it is well beyond it's recommended life-cycle at that point (3 months according to their site) so I think it's more to do with age rather than wash.

Replacement is difficult and costly in my part of the world ($10 more than the comply store price and only 2-3 stores nationwide are resellers which don't stock the size I use) so I really hadn't bothered as my bi-flange doesn't really bother me that much unless it's over 4 hours of usage which is rare for day to day use for me. Personally, I don't think they're worthwhile venture if you're on cheap/budget IEMs unless you're really having difficulty with fit as it feels like pumping a cheap city car with premium fuel.

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #684 of 1,243
Comply foams are comfortable. Much more so than most silicone I've tried. If inserted properly, I barely notice them at all, especially when chewing or moving my jaw. Was able to have them in my ears with no discomfort whatsoever for more than 8 hours but I do find that my bi-flange tips actually provided very marginally better sound. In the end, I guess it really depends on the ear of the person in question.

Downside, they wear down fast. I used the pair that came with mine for a good 4 months with no problems whatsoever (guess it depends on a lot of factors). While they did clean up pretty well, they no longer compress down as well as when they were new (less plastic) and starts peeling and fraying all over after the second wash so I have pretty much stopped using them. Bear in mind though, that it is well beyond it's recommended life-cycle at that point (3 months according to their site) so I think it's more to do with age rather than wash.

Replacement is difficult and costly in my part of the world ($10 more than the comply store price and only 2-3 stores nationwide are resellers which don't stock the size I use) so I really hadn't bothered as my bi-flange doesn't really bother me that much unless it's over 4 hours of usage which is rare for day to day use for me. Personally, I don't think they're worthwhile venture if you're on cheap/budget IEMs unless you're really having difficulty with fit as it feels like pumping a cheap city car with premium fuel.

Okay cool. If it would last longer than a few mths, maybe I would consider buying. So I guess not.

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #685 of 1,243

I find foam tips best for the pistons.....

When I use the foam tips, especially the round foam tips on my pistons the DN-1000 fails to compare. I've tried it, done that, and it's a fact!

So in conclusion, the round foam tips on the pistons are just that much better and almost hard to beat! No joke!

Don't believe me? Get the size that fits you best and try them! You won't be disappointed.
etysmile.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #687 of 1,243
Does anyone know if this is the 2.1 version of the pistons?http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ODPLC8C?cache=781fed48eb2e04d59fba3fd5d3637494&pi=SL500_SS115#ref=pd_aw_sbs_2

Yes. That is the silver 2.1. Looks like it to me. I have the silver on order as a backup. It has been mentioned before the silver 2.1 exists. Not only brown/gold.

Oct 28, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #689 of 1,243

I find foam tips best for the pistons.....

When I use the foam tips, especially the round foam tips on my pistons the DN-1000 fails to compare. I've tried it, done that, and it's a fact!

So in conclusion, the round foam tips on the pistons are just that much better and almost hard to beat! No joke!

Don't believe me? Get the size that fits you best and try them! You won't be disappointed.
etysmile.gif

fails to compare in what regard?  i have a hard time believing this.  not sure if srs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back