The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 19, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #648 of 1,243
Is the B3 THAT much better than the SE215?
Kinda tired from ordering online, can be nice to just pick up some Shures from a local store.

Yes they are, but it's your choice :wink:

Oct 21, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #649 of 1,243
I've been using my Gold 2.0 Pistons primarily for audio book listening, but been listening to music with them for the past week. I love the Android control compatibility, and that they stay in my ears (big problem for me - finding the right IEM tip). For music listening while walking out doors - rock, post rock, electronic and new classical - they really shine. The only album that let me down the Flying Lotus CD mentioned I already mentioned in a previous thread. I think that for most listeners (not the majority of head-fi-ers) using a decent smartphone without an amp, the Piston is all they need. For more critical listening I use my Vsonic GR07 classic, but for listening to something noisy with imperfect recording methods, like White Fence, listing with the GR07 is an excruciating experience. Also, the GR07 feel delicate. I only use them indoors or on a flight with foam. I wouldn't use them at the gym are rarely when walking around outdoors.

I believe the hype. The Piston provide a fun sound for non-critical music listening. KZ ES on the way. I'll compare those to the Pistons next month.

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #650 of 1,243
Anyone owned both these and a pair of AudioFly AF45's or AF56's that can provide some comparison? Prior to becoming aware of these, I was eyeballing those AudioFly IEM's with the AF56's being at the top of my budget range.

Oct 21, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #651 of 1,243
I used my Pistons 2 to my phone and the SQ sucks and I need to push the middle button on pistons so the SQ will become normal. But when I use it on my Clip Zip the SQ is superb lol. This is weird.

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #653 of 1,243
A 4,000 Php(100$) phone on our country a local phone company, A rebranded phone AFAIK from India Karbonn A9+. I'm just it for watching some youtube vids. and you know the others LOL. But when I use it on my Sansa Clip Zip it sounds good, my Friend who Bought Pistons too is experiencing this too.

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #654 of 1,243
interesting.  sounds like it may be a problem with the onboard dac on the phone and not the IEM's themselves.  how do other IEMs/headphones sound on the same phone?  all headphones/IEM's will only sound as good as their source allows.  :)

Oct 21, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #655 of 1,243
I used my Pistons 2 to my phone and the SQ sucks and I need to push the middle button on pistons so the SQ will become normal. But when I use it on my Clip Zip the SQ is superb lol. This is weird.

You need OMTP (M) to CTIA (F) adapter (if i'm not wrong) it's not phone dac or anything, it's just the phone jack configuration. Most recent phones will have the CTIA already

I think this info needs to be put on front page.

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #657 of 1,243

You need OMTP (M) to CTIA (F) adapter (if i'm not wrong) it's not phone dac or anything, it's just the phone jack configuration. Most recent phones will have the CTIA already

I think this info needs to be put on front page.

wow thanks. I'm newbie on being an audiophile lel

Technically it isn't being an audiophile. It's more on electornics engineering or something along those lines.

Just saying.

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #658 of 1,243
  Technically it isn't being an audiophile. It's more on electornics engineering or something along those lines.

Just saying.

lel Thanks for the infos. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #659 of 1,243
  i would consider that a color variation rather than a new version.  but i'm not here to make those kind of decisions.  as far as sound, i've heard others say they sound he same. who knows tho

That's what I've read. Also, I ordered the Gold Pistons from ibuygou for the $20 special price. They recetnly contacted me - the gold (they call it brown) are out of stock and asked if ok to send identical model in silver. I'm happy to be getting  the silver instead of gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back