The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 13, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #511 of 1,243

I've got a funny story about that. I originally bought the Pistons because I wanted to give them to my cousin for his birthday and I liked them too much. Then when I saw him I gave him a listen and he said that they don't sound nearly as good as the earpods. I was ready to disown him there and then. Poor misguided iSheep, they're everywhere, even family... -_-

Well, my mom has the EarPods (which she unknowingly stole from my sister), but liked the Pistons better. Kind of a counterpoint to your story as my mom is a bit of an iSheep (she has an iPad Mini and wants the bendy iPhone).

Oct 13, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #512 of 1,243
Shiit! My order was supposed to be delivered by now but...It says that delivery is delayed. Don't know what DELAYED stands for...Next day? A few hours? No information. I was damn too excited :/

iSheep...Bahhhhh me love the bahphone!

Hehe.

Still waiting for my order. Will be giving a short review kinda thing soon.

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #514 of 1,243
Well this thing is really tough. Use this as my daily commute iem due to the fact that i can answer any incoming calls in bet music. I have the habit of putting my iem in my trouser pocket and forget abt it. One day, off they went into the washing machine washed, tumbled dry, then off to the dryer. Its too late when i realised abt it. Few of my samsungs had suffered the same fate and were killed in action.
Took out the piston and tested it. To my suprise, it still works! like charm. I think now i have the cleanest driver of all pistons. But it doesn't make the sound any clearer though.

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #515 of 1,243
Well this thing is really tough. Use this as my daily commute iem due to the fact that i can answer any incoming calls in bet music. I have the habit of putting my iem in my trouser pocket and forget abt it. One day, off they went into the washing machine washed, tumbled dry, then off to the dryer. Its too late when i realised abt it. Few of my samsungs had suffered the same fate and were killed in acrion.
Took out the piston and tested it. To my suprise, it still works! like charm. I think now i have the cleanest driver of all pistons. But it doesn't make the sound any clearer though.

Good save bro, I've washed my EarPod and a old Sony earbud once and they survived, but same my samsung's didn't.

Oct 13, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #516 of 1,243
Lol. Maybe he didn't get a good fit into his ear canal.

Some people look past quality or what conveys quality and only stick with what they know. iSheep in this instance, automatically assume if it's made by Apple than it will always be better regardless.

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #519 of 1,243
Kudos bro, but I still don't know how to open the housing up, mind sharing some steps in PM?
biggrin.gif

its just press fit at the seam 
i took a fine pait of needle nose pliers
covered the ends with some shrink tube so as not to scratch anything
the screens i already removed for the filter mod
grab the edge of the nozzle being careful not to damage the driver
and it should pop right out exposing the driver
there should be a red dot on the + terminal
i had some really light gauge spc cable run through 90 paracord
and 1/8 shrink at the end, kinda shoved into the existing strain relief
on the ear pieces and pushed it all back in, we'll see how it holds 
with no glue or anything, the rest is shrink tubing and 550 paracord
i like to use a piece  of  adhesive shrink to hold the y section
terminated in a fancy new amphenol connector from mouser

feel free to pm if you have any questions

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #520 of 1,243
its just press fit at the seam 
i took a fine pait of needle nose pliers
covered the ends with some shrink tube so as not to scratch anything
the screens i already removed for the filter mod
grab the edge of the nozzle being careful not to damage the driver
and it should pop right out exposing the driver
there should be a red dot on the + terminal
i had some really light gauge spc cable run through 90 paracord
and 1/8 shrink at the end, kinda shoved into the existing strain relief
on the ear pieces and pushed it all back in, we'll see how it holds 
with no glue or anything, the rest is shrink tubing and 550 paracord
i like to use a piece  of  adhesive shrink to hold the y section
terminated in a fancy new amphenol connector from mouser

feel free to pm if you have any questions

Seems like a fun project to burn some time after my exam, will send you a PM if I do face any problem. Thanks. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back