The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 1, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #271 of 1,243
Got my pistons yesterday from Robert superstore. Came really nice packaged and the sound is amazing and I know these are the real one but I am always ocd if there real or not

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #272 of 1,243
Got my pistons yesterday from Robert superstore. Came really nice packaged and the sound is amazing and I know these are the real one but I am always ocd if there real or not

Yep. Definitely legit. It's really interesting how only Xiaomi manages to make that mesh the way it is. It sits perfectly flush with the tip of the nozzle, while the ends of the mesh are bent into a space designed for it.

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #273 of 1,243
  Yep. Definitely legit. It's really interesting how only Xiaomi manages to make that mesh the way it is. It sits perfectly flush with the tip of the nozzle, while the ends of the mesh are bent into a space designed for it.

thank you and yea thats pretty intersting :)

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #274 of 1,243
I really love the sound and really have no problem with it. I doubt they are fake (flipkart). Look at the pics I posted and the pics above by smy1 , the nozzle and the net matches to that of mine.

Can you tell me if the small hole on tip point downwards on both eartips or points to different direction for both.

BTW I switched my ear buds to large of the other headset (cx475) and difference in comfort is huge! :)

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #277 of 1,243
I really love the sound and really have no problem with it. I doubt they are fake (flipkart). Look at the pics I posted and the pics above by smy1 , the nozzle and the net matches to that of mine.

Can you tell me if the small hole on tip point downwards on both eartips or points to different direction for both.

BTW I switched my ear buds to large of the other headset (cx475) and difference in comfort is huge!
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't know what that means exactly, but I'm assuming you're talking about the nozzle or the damping vent. If you're talking about the damping vent, both holes should point downwards. This was evident in both my pair and my sister's.

Oct 2, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #278 of 1,243

BTW I switched my ear buds to large of the other headset (cx475) and difference in comfort is huge!
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't know what that means exactly, but I'm assuming you're talking about the nozzle or the damping vent. If you're talking about the damping vent, both holes should point downwards. This was evident in both my pair and my sister's.

The small hole on the side. What does it do exactly?

I need other's views too on this. Cuz mine is not at exactly same place for both, and its on its sides. Wonder what difference does it makes.

Oct 2, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #279 of 1,243

Do you think this new Pistons 2.1 are genuine judging from the pictıres? I bought it last week from a local seller in my country. The barcode paper on the cable is yellowish and different from my first Pistons 2.0. The sound seems ok though. 

When I first listen to them I thought they where only ok but after 4 hours of listening I would say they are the best headphones ever

Oct 2, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #280 of 1,243
smy1 said:
  front page has a review of the real and fake of this thread
I just did that because @Shawn71 IIRC or someone else maybe, asked me to post the pictures of the stock the seller has by asking him to provide me with some pictures.

arcwindz said:
  It's not $5, it's more like $25 lol. And for non-working force in a developing country that much is a lot.
Ah finally someone who gets the point. +1 :)

Oh and in-case you guys are wondering why I did post the pictures is also because I wanted to help fellow Indians by getting the seller on the list at the OP. Anyways I might just get them from there in around 3 weeks or so and I'll just confirm it then, ATM it's really better to keep it at TBA. :)

Oct 2, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #282 of 1,243
The small hole on the side. What does it do exactly?

I need other's views too on this. Cuz mine is not at exactly same place for both, and its on its sides. Wonder what difference does it makes.

Dampening ports (like the small hole you talked about and the large hole in the back) reduce chamber resonance in the housings by allowing a tiny amount of airflow into and out of the housings. This helps with improving soundstage and bass power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back