The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Jun 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #1,336 of 1,799
Quote:
Hey guys, I'm considering upgrading from my Creative Aurvana Lives to the WS99. Would this be a good upgrade and worth the money?

Never heard the CAL! But some people have compared them to the JVC S500s and likes the 500s over them and i have heard the S500s so to keep it short HELLZ YEAH THEY ARE!!!
deadhorse.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #1,340 of 1,799
I just picked up a pair of these and I must say I've been very satisfied with them so far. The bass is definitely present, but not overwhelming. They are very darkly colored. Still, they maintain clarity in the mids and the detail is good, especially at higher volumes. At very low volumes the mids can be a bit recessed compared to the bass, but when you turn them up they seem nicely balanced to me. There is no hint of sibiliance, making them not at all fatiguing to listen to, but I do notice they lack sparkle next to other cans.

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #1,341 of 1,799
Ive been looking at both these and the a900x and cant decide. I was gonna go with the a900x but i dont know how well they would fit on my smallish head. Then the ws99 seem to be portable but i was wondering if with the HM5 pads they would be more comfortable for at home listening. I would also like to hear some opinions on the comfort and overall sound on these. I have the HFI-580 and they just arent very comfortable.

Thanks
darthsmile.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #1,342 of 1,799
Quote:
Ive been looking at both these and the a900x and cant decide. I was gonna go with the a900x but i dont know how well they would fit on my smallish head. Then the ws99 seem to be portable but i was wondering if with the HM5 pads they would be more comfortable for at home listening. I would also like to hear some opinions on the comfort and overall sound on these. I have the HFI-580 and they just arent very comfortable.

Thanks
darthsmile.gif

I can only speak for the WS77 and the a500x (because I'm a cheapo), but both of them, sound and comfort-wise, are major upgrades to the HFI-580. I prefer the a500x for home listening because they are very comfortable, and perform very well for most types of music, though the bass will be a lot less compared the Ultrasone. Hopefully someone else who owns them can chime in. 

Jul 8, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #1,345 of 1,799
Quote:
The WS99 is probably the most comfortable headphone I've ever tried...and I've tried most of the bass oriented headphones under 200 bucks. They top that list for sure.

Yeppp same here, i can even wear glasses with them on and they are crazy comfy. Thank god my ears are medium small in size so the pads on these are perfect for me.

Jul 8, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #1,346 of 1,799
The WS99 is very comfortable, and is one of the most compact over the ear headphones. For mobile listening they are really great, but if you want them primarily for at-home use there are more comfortable options.

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #1,348 of 1,799
AD900x is far more comfortable than ws99. However if you have smallish head like mine, the 3D wing system might be a trouble as it doesn't stretch enough to give it a good lift. It just sits on my head and the actual thing that's making it hanging on my head is the clamp not the wings. And sq wise is prefer ad900x more than ws99 and I don't find the bass to be inferior. Just different or simply less in quantity. Details are on another level with ad900x as they're revealing cans.

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #1,350 of 1,799
I will mainly be using these at home and listen to mainly rap but also some pop and rock. I like bass but i feel like im missing something when listening to some music, and i have a small head only on the 2nd notch on the hfi-580 headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back