The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Apr 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #811 of 1,799
Quote:
Funny that you mentioned it, I just ordered the Pro700Mk2 from Amazon. Was going to compare them to the WS99.
Thankfully Amazon has a dynamite return policy.
Still, I'll give them a listen first, maybe different amperage will make them sound better.

They do need amping to sound better but.. You will understand once you hear them. lol. Reread my post once you get them. Oh by the way.  They also happen to have a vice like grip. I ain't even joking about that. We are talking squeeze your eyeballs out vice like I have never experienced.  They loosen up a bit with stretching but before you even get them to that point you will understand. Especially compared to the WS99.

Apr 23, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #812 of 1,799
Finally read all 52 pages. Just came in to say I really don't like you guys very much. Every time I come to head-fi, I end up buying a new set. At first it was low end stuff to use while getting to school like the Koss KC75s and Senn CX300. Then after that I jumped to the UE TF10s, loved those and said I would never need another pair again. Boy was I wrong, ended up getting 4 more cheap (but well reviewed) IEMs since I needed a pair for going out and doing activities that I wouldn't care about breaking or losing. Now that I'm in need of a set of cans, I come to the experts hoping I'd get some help picking a pair around the $80-$100 range. After a few days of reading as many threads as I can, my budget suddenly became more flexible since these sound like they're exactly what I'm looking for and if I go with something else, I'd be missing out. My ears thank you, but my wallet despises you. :atsmile:
That is a rip!! I'll sell you mine for $449.98 and I'll only charge $.02 for shipping. 

I may be selling both my WS99's and Esw9a to fund some other projects so if I do I'll let you guys know here first before I post them.

Thanks,

:evil:

When will you know if you're going to be selling them? I'm interested if you are planning on letting them go. I'm hoping to get a pair asap. Thanks.

No later than say Thursday they'll be posted on the For sale thread.

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #813 of 1,799
I'm not sure what caused the slight burnt electric smell at the bass port, but this is maybe one of the cause. I charged my C421 and using them at the same time or toggle the bass boost on, now using battery only, no bass boost, listening to speed trance, the burnt electric smell disappear. A little change on the sound signature though, I bet the time is almost ready to stable I guess. The bass tighten up a lot, the mids is liquid smooth and the treble is quite energetic but not sibilant in any way. Great all rounder, I'll keep using it frequently since I'm on study break currently. If I got a lemon one, I hope it'll show itself faster rather than later, so I could claim the warranty. Btw, to the current owner, does the right cups swivel easily, not too much resistance compared to the left one?

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #814 of 1,799
Funny that you mentioned it, I just ordered the Pro700Mk2 from Amazon. Was going to compare them to the WS99.
Thankfully Amazon has a dynamite return policy.
Still, I'll give them a listen first, maybe different amperage will make them sound better.

Please report back your opinions when you can. Thx.

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #815 of 1,799
Seeing as this is my first pair of headphones, I've never experienced this 'burn in' effect. From memory, my new WS99s sound a bit duller in bass and the high mids are slightly harsh compared to the ones I sampled at the store. Literally 20 minutes ago, after about 6 hours of music by this point, while I was just listening to my normal routine of music I suddenly noticed the lower bass suddenly came 'alive'. Not sure how else to describe it.

I've heard it takes several days worth of burn in for there to be any noticeable differences. Am I just going insane? :/

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #816 of 1,799
No of course not.
First bass comes alive.
Then later amped it will scare you lol

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #817 of 1,799
You should really consider scheduling an appointment with a clinical psychologist in the next few days ... :frowning2:

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #818 of 1,799
Not me..
he would end up telling me to give up my ws99 to him!
:p

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #819 of 1,799
Quote:
Not me..
he would end up telling me to give up my ws99 to him!
tongue.gif

How do you rank these compared to the Denon D2000 you sold me?  Meaning the WS99.

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #820 of 1,799
Hahaha Max, the highs seem to have mellowed out too!

Could someone give me a brief rundown on amping? I have literally no idea how it works, practically-wise (studied the theory behind it in physics), on portable devices.

Thanks!

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #821 of 1,799
For those interested in the HM5 pads, if you're ordering from mp4nation (which I believe is the only source) be prepared to wait. Going on 2 weeks now, the last entry I have in the tracking on the package is:

[size=10pt]
DESPATCHED TO OVERSEAS 17/Apr/2013 20:44:00 SINGPOST DESPATCHED TO COUNTRY : USA / CITY : J.F. KENNEDY
[/size]

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #822 of 1,799
So are the HM5 pads the go to pads to use? How much better are they than stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back