The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Apr 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #691 of 1,799
Quote:
Better get another can too before my bachelor days are over lol

You got that right bro'! And I'm glad you've got some good noise isolating hp's
wink.gif
ph34r.gif

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #693 of 1,799
I just bought a FiiO E12 from a fellow head-fier, so once it arrives I'll be pairing that badboy with the WS99. I'm kind of stoked, yet getting a little buyers remorse already since I've been reading that the soundstage shrinks considerably. That's what I really hated about the A10, hopefully the E12 isn't as bad.

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #694 of 1,799
Where did you read the E12 kills soundstage? First I've heard and don't think I've experienced it with mine. Im sure wayne can offer feedback about the pairing since I know he has a ws99 and e12v1

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #696 of 1,799
ClieOS' sub $200 amp shootout thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620775/the-sub-200-portable-amps-shootout-12-10-amps-compared
Soundstage: ●●◎○○ (Mediocre)
Coloration / Neutrality: ●●●●○ (The narrow soundstage makes everything sounds more forwarded and warmer than it should)

Then in a couple of other threads they were saying that the soundstage is narrower than a few other amps. I just know my ears key into that pretty quickly and feel like something is missing from the sound. 

I'll have the opportunity to find out on my own soon though :D

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #697 of 1,799
Quote:
Where did you read the E12 kills soundstage? First I've heard and don't think I've experienced it with mine. Im sure wayne can offer feedback about the pairing since I know he has a ws99 and e12v1

Hey pngwn! As Sf alluded to, I'm playing with my new BH now. Very early in the game, but I said the following here:

Quote:
Btw, I am starting out the C&C BH testing journey off of my ELE DAC. Based on what I have read already, and based on how much I love the AD900X's through the ELE DAC + E12, I highly doubt that the AD900X's will sound better through the C&C, and I am envisioning that I will continue to use the AD900X's with the E12. But, I will of course be testing that out.

Where I am thinking the C&C might shine though is with the ELE DAC and the WS99's. They are closed, have an incredible bass and balanced sound, and they don't benefit as much as the AD900X's do with the E12 because the soundstage seems to narrow a bit, and the sound might become a tad bit warmer.

So, I'm hoping that the WS99's really benefit from the C&C, where a bit more brightness won't hurt, and the soundstage won't be narrowed. And I'm hoping for this not only off of the ELE DAC, but off of my Clip Zip (I was using the Clip ZIp + E11 + WS99 when moving about). So we'll see!

My one concern will be with my iem's off of the clip zip + C&C - I'm hoping that they don't become too sibilant for me because I'm treble sensitive. Again, we'll see!

So yes, I think the soundstage narrows "a bit". This pretty much has no impact on the AD900X's, and the fact that the E12 adds a touch of warmth (to my ears), benefits the AD900X's as well imo. And the E12 V1 bass boost pairs brilliantly with the AD900X. Basically, I love the AD900X out of the E12.

But I'm not so sure that those E12 qualities benefit the WS99's quite as much. I mean, I still love the WS99's off of the E12, but I  suspect that I'm going to find that I like the WS99's off of the BH more.

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #699 of 1,799
Quote:
^ LoL is it strange that i hear not difference from my E17 and my ipods, it just seems to sound louder that's about it. Even when i use a Fiio L9 to bypass the DAC on the ipods it sounds the same.
blink.gif
Not even using it much, since most of my gears sound good straight from the mp3 players.

I find that I use the amps because it is important to get completely sucked into this addiction and to buy way more gear than is actually required. And then it becomes important to justify the craziness, and so the gizmos must be used, whether or not there are actually any benefits lol.

Joking aside, both the WS99's and the AD900X's don't need amping - they both sound awesome as they are. But, I must say that I am enjoying the WS99's off of the BH a lot already, and there is no doubt that the AD900X really sound beautiful off of the E12. I'm not sure how much amping really benefits my iem's though.

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #700 of 1,799
Quote:

I find that I use the amps because it is important to get completely sucked into this addiction and to buy way more gear than is actually required. And then it becomes important to justify the craziness, and so the gizmos must be used, whether or not there are actually any benefits lol.

Joking aside, both the WS99's and the AD900X's don't need amping - they both sound awesome as they are. But, I must say that I am enjoying the WS99's off of the BH a lot already, and there is no doubt that the AD900X really sound beautiful off of the E12. I'm not sure how much amping really benefits my iem's though.

IT"S TRUE IT"S ALL TRUE!!!

TBH i haven't even tried any of my headphones on them yet. haha I am sure my WS99s will sound better amped, but have not feel the need yet. These damn gr07 BEs has stole all my listening time for my new WS99s. LoL Too much stuff to digest all at once.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #701 of 1,799
Quote:
IT"S TRUE IT"S ALL TRUE!!!

TBH i haven't even tried any of my headphones on them yet. haha I am sure my WS99s will sound better amped, but have not feel the need yet. These damn gr07 BEs has stole all my listening time for my new WS99s. LoL Too much stuff to digest all at once.
tongue_smile.gif

Yeah well, you gotta get all of the listening time in on those BE's that you can before atomik goes nuclear on you and demands them back. Something tells me he will have to pry them out of your dead, cold ears though!

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #702 of 1,799
Quote:

Yeah well, you gotta get all of the listening time in on those BE's that you can before atomik goes nuclear on you and demands them back. Something tells me he will have to pry them out of your dead, cold ears though!

No he don't cuz he's BRACK. That's AUTO respect, there's two things you don't mess with, one is a BRACK mans stereo and another is a BRACK mans iems/ cans.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #703 of 1,799
Wow, read all 47 pages of this thread (and all of the ones on the ES700) and it inspired me to post.

Hey guys, just a quick intro since it's my first post even though I've been lurking for a while. I'm a baby to the audiophile world.. I've only ever owned a pair of MeElectronics CW31 and a pair of Brainwavz M5 IEMs.

However, recently I've been taken to the idea of owning a pair of headphones, my first ever. I went to a headphone store (and twice since then) called JabenAudio in Melbourne and I had the privilege, denied to many of you in the US, to try out both the ES700s and the WS99s. The latter was a little bit of an accident as I was actually scoping out the love I had for the ES700s but the assistant handed me a pair of WS99s to try as well. They both sound as sexy as can be for their sound signatures.. The smooth melodic mids vs the slightly deeper resonating (imo) bass of the WS99s.

The main music I listen to these days are the soft but punchy melodic beats of K-ballads (Korean) and Kpop but always the occasional american hip hop, rap, rock, trance and so on. I enjoy my beautiful singing mids, but have a guilty pleasure of some hard bass too.

I'm so close to purchasing the WS99s. So, so close. I've got a few things I'm slightly hesitant about concerning the durability of these cans, the fact the wire cant be detached, and how customs for Australia will work with the Tenso forwarding service.

I feel like I need one more push, but am still slightly hesitant to take my first breath in this wonderful but expensive world of headphones.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #704 of 1,799
Quote:
Wow, read all 47 pages of this thread (and all of the ones on the ES700) and it inspired me to post.

Hey guys, just a quick intro since it's my first post even though I've been lurking for a while. I'm a baby to the audiophile world.. I've only ever owned a pair of MeElectronics CW31 and a pair of Brainwavz M5 IEMs.

However, recently I've been taken to the idea of owning a pair of headphones, my first ever. I went to a headphone store (and twice since then) called JabenAudio in Melbourne and I had the privilege, denied to many of you in the US, to try out both the ES700s and the WS99s. The latter was a little bit of an accident as I was actually scoping out the love I had for the ES700s but the assistant handed me a pair of WS99s to try as well. They both sound as sexy as can be for their sound signatures.. The smooth melodic mids vs the slightly deeper resonating (imo) bass of the WS99s.

The main music I listen to these days are the soft but punchy melodic beats of K-ballads (Korean) and Kpop but always the occasional american hip hop, rap, rock, trance and so on. I enjoy my beautiful singing mids, but have a guilty pleasure of some hard bass too.

I'm so close to purchasing the WS99s. So, so close. I've got a few things I'm slightly hesitant about concerning the durability of these cans, the fact the wire cant be detached, and how customs for Australia will work with the Tenso forwarding service.

I feel like I need one more push, but am still slightly hesitant to take my first breath in this wonderful but expensive world of headphones.

^ nuff said..............

........... enough push for ya'???
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back