The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Apr 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #631 of 1,799
Quote:
Of course you DON'T too much wine in your system to even comprehend if the gear you're listening to is really sounding that great or is just the wine talking haha. So i don't doubt you can't even follow what he is saying tbh.
tongue.gif

My, how trollish of you LOL! No amount of sobriety would help to keep track of what we're talking about here (even if this is a ws99 thread!). And no amount of wine will change how awesome the ws99's (or ad900x's for that matter) are!

Btw, what does "you DON'T too much wine in your system" mean anyway? Drink much?
tongue.gif

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #632 of 1,799
All in good time, but if you also want an awesome open can (can you say soundstage? air? incredible comfort?) for a stupid good price, then look no further than the ad900x
ir

. And if you get them, you will be wanting the E12 to go along with them, because the synergy is just amazing. I absolutely love both the 99's and the 900x's, and being able to flip between the two of them is pretty magical. All of this to say that if you are going to get an amp for "down the road", keep the E12 in mind :smile:

Alrighty, thanks! Ive already looked a little into them, but bit in detail. Let's see...

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #633 of 1,799
My, how trollish of you LOL! No amount of sobriety would help to keep track of what we're talking about here (even if this is a ws99 thread!). And no amount of wine will change how awesome the ws99's (or ad900x's for that matter) are!

Btw, what does "you DON'T too much wine in your system" mean anyway? Drink much? :p

Maybe hes saying: You dont. (there's) too much wine in your system. IDK LOL

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #634 of 1,799
So I got a Arrow 3G... Plugged in my 99's... What happened next probably changed my life. That sub bass I was saying was a little to weak for my liking is no longer an issue. The extension isn't to D5000 land but honestly, what is. But it's deeper or as deep as the 780's and just a touch or two above the Pro 900 levels but still managing to sound like it did before. This really is an amazing headphone top to bottom. I still don't know if I will keep these are not but man. Every day I listen to them they keep getting better and better.

Now I'm just going to slide this next track on the table then walk away. Do with it as you must but don't blame me if you start breaking stuff around your house... 

https://soundcloud.com/knifepartyinc/nero-crush-knife-party-remix

Your welcome,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #635 of 1,799
Quote:
So I got a Arrow 3G... Plugged in my 99's... What happened next probably changed my life. That sub bass I was saying was a little to weak for my liking is no longer an issue. The extension isn't to D5000 land but honestly, what is. But it's deeper or as deep as the 780's and just a touch or two above the Pro 900 levels but still managing to sound like it did before. This really is an amazing headphone top to bottom. I still don't know if I will keep these are not but man. Every day I listen to them they keep getting better and better.

Now I'm just going to slide this next track on the table then walk away. Do with it as you must but don't blame me if you start breaking stuff around your house... 

Your welcome,

evil_smiley.gif

^ Nice you finally found them woofers!!!
L3000.gif

Apr 7, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #636 of 1,799

Your welcome,

:evil:

I'm at work SK I can't check that song out. Is it dub step? Because I am definitely a fan of Knife Party.

Apr 7, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #637 of 1,799

Your welcome,

:evil:

I'm at work SK I can't check that song out. Is it dub step? Because I am definitely a fan of Knife Party.

Yes sir!! Remake on Nero's Crush.

Mind blowing

Thanks,

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #638 of 1,799
So then guys, are these comfortable? I'm looking for some closed bassy headphones that will fit my big noggin and ears haha! The DT770 Pros are one of the only things I've tried that I found comfortable (After stretching to get rid of clamp a bit) but the recessed mids weren't to my taste so I sold them.

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #639 of 1,799
Anyone here have both WS99 and DT770 Anniversary Edition? I'm curious about the sound of WS99, I'm currently torn to choose between these two. I don't have chance to audition the WS99 since I'm not in Japan. I really like the addictive bass and slam that DT770 AE provide, but I'm also curious with the hype surrounding WS99. Help! xD

Apr 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #640 of 1,799
Anyone here have both WS99 and DT770 Anniversary Edition? I'm curious about the sound of WS99, I'm currently torn to choose between these two. I don't have chance to audition the WS99 since I'm not in Japan. I really like the addictive bass and slam that DT770 AE provide, but I'm also curious with the hype surrounding WS99. Help! xD

I have the 80 ohms ones and am going to get the ws99 around Thursday.

Apr 8, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #642 of 1,799
WS99 not as big as DT770 so probably not ideal for someone with a big head. From memory, the DT770 was too boomy/sloppy for me and these are the complete opposite. 18 days in, these are now in their prime. To my ears, it was a little too warm in the beginning.

Apr 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #643 of 1,799
Quote:
WS99 not as big as DT770 so probably not ideal for someone with a big head. From memory, the DT770 was too boomy/sloppy for me and these are the complete opposite. 18 days in, these are now in their prime. To my ears, it was a little too warm in the beginning.

It's pretty hard to find something that will suit me :frowning2: The earcups on the DT770 Pros were perfect; They actually fit around my ears and were really soft.

Apr 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #644 of 1,799
Quote:

Oh, btw, does the WS99 bass slam hard? I don't know part of bass, just recently converted to basshead. But the new DT770 Anniversary Edition bass is really addictive, the slam is just pure power, I don't know which one to choose now. My head is quite small actually, typical Asian head. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back