The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Mar 19, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #363 of 1,799
Well the ES700 needs new pads. Which cost $30 more. The WS99 don't.. Both are excellent.. The ES700 has more of an elegant sound and the WS99 is more aggressive with a bigger overall sound, deeper and the more fuller dynamics on the WS99. The ES700 are portable on ears. The WS99 are fullsized that can be used as portables or at the home.

Hey by the way. I used to have a clan mate in my SOC days called walmartsecurity. You aren't the same guy no?

BC2 rocket spammer? Ring a bell or do you play any games at all. Probably a different walmartsecuirty as that is a cool online name.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #364 of 1,799
Quote:
Well the ES700 needs new pads. Which cost $30 more. The WS99 don't.. Both are excellent.. The ES700 has more of an elegant sound and the WS99 is more aggressive with a bigger overall sound, deeper and the more fuller dynamics on the WS99. The ES700 are portable on ears. The WS99 are fullsized that can be used as portables or at the home.

Hey by the way. I used to have a clan mate in my SOC days called walmartsecurity. You aren't the same guy no?

Hahaha no I'm not. I'm always surprised when the name is taken, though...like on Reddit.

I'm trying my best to adjust to the stock pads on the ES700 right now. Haven't had a chance to A/B them with the m50s but they seem to sound pretty damn good right out of the box.

By 'bigger sound', do you mean soundstage/imaging? Or more in-your-face?

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #365 of 1,799
All the above. I highly recommend you purchase the WS55 pads from buyfromjapan on ebay.  I had to ditch the stock pads on them as they are too shallow on them shallow cups. The WS55 pads are 10X more comfier and fit perfectly without affecting the sound in any way. I think they actually give the better sound over the stock pads because the sound hole is a bit wider vs the stock pads.. It sucks that they cost $30 or so but is completely worth the money. I could only take them stock pads for a few days till I started looking for new pads. The WS55 pads are a complete necessity.

As for the WS99. These have enough of a different sound over the ES700 to warant a good look. Especially if your into your bass.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #366 of 1,799
Quote:
As for the WS99. These have enough of a different sound over the ES700 to warant a good look. Especially if your into your bass.

Just say it Ds... the WS99's TOTALLY ROCK and EVERYBODY should have a pair! (easy for me to say now that mine are in transit lol!).

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #367 of 1,799
They do rock and everyone should own a pair. Why would any serious bass guy want to pass up on the fastest deepest bass on the planet. Full lush mids with them nice dynamic highs..Why?

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #368 of 1,799
Quote:
They do rock and everyone should own a pair. Why would any serious bass guy want to pass up on the fastest deepest bass on the planet. Full lush mids with them nice dynamic highs..Why?

Why indeed! I don't even consider myself a basshead by definition, but I do like a good quantity of good quality of bass. That's all I need. Is that too much to ask? Well, I do also want great forward mids and lovely highs as well. Is that too much to ask? Hmmm, I'm thinking probably not....

WS99 
L3000.gif

Something tells me that I'm excited about getting these puppies!

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #370 of 1,799
Quote:

Why indeed! I don't even consider myself a basshead by definition, but I do like a good quantity of good quality of bass. That's all I need. Is that too much to ask? Well, I do also want great forward mids and lovely highs as well. Is that too much to ask? Hmmm, I'm thinking probably not....

WS99 
L3000.gif

Something tells me that I'm excited about getting these puppies!

I just listened to the WS99's again and it actually doesn't stack up to my other headphones.  These sound weird.  I think you were mislead Wayne.  
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #371 of 1,799
Quote:
I just listened to the WS99's again and it actually doesn't stack up to my other headphones.  These sound weird.  I think you were mislead Wayne.  
wink.gif

NooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #372 of 1,799
Quote:
Oh yes.. Be excited wayne.. I look forward to your take on them..Make Sf want to get em too. Lol.

Yeah, that Master Troll is toast LOL!

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #374 of 1,799
Quote:
Hope you will be enjoying these headphones by the weekend.  You'll have a big smile on your face when you're listening to that great EDM.  

Thanks Danny. But you are wrong! I will have a STUPID big smile on my face!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back