The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Mar 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #212 of 1,799
Quote:
Just curious: what's it like switching between the 99's and the ad900x's?

Trust me WAYNE you don't wanna know.
very_evil_smiley.gif
You're gonna want one pretty soon.
triportsad.gif

And thanks Danny for those impressions. It's good to know they sound good just straight outta a fruit device.

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #213 of 1,799
Oh thanks for the impressions, these sounds like the perfect headphones for me the more I'm reading about them and should pair well with digiZoid ZO I'm thinking for some extremier basshead listenings as this amp is rather warm sounding and well if WS99 is less warm sounding than M100 (more treble, faster & less intrusive bass) then I think I will love the pairing with that amp. :)

Guess they won't reach europe anytime soon so maybe have to concider ordering from Accessoryjack.

Bassy + forward mids with non sibilant highs, YES plz :D Maybe these are the upgraded Q40? The sound signature sounds rather familiar.

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #214 of 1,799
I think these are one of the those overlooked gems in headphone land. I have been using my WS99 with a new combination from my Meridian Explorer hooked up to my Fire Phoenix. Absolutely fantastic synergy with all my music on the WS99. Actually makes these sound like a stupid high end headphone. Lol..I think the thing I love most about these cans. It is a bass can for grown ups.. It does way more than just big bass.. Looks, sounds, portability,solid build. What more to like.

Get em hear em love em..Get lost in your music. I am sensing RPG. Caving in on this one. Lol. Go for it. I think these were made for your music taste. The cost is excellent for this sound.

I noticed the same with my CKS1000 earphones. But these are the type of cans that are sleepers. Meaning they grow on  you more than have a wow factor out of box. The more and more you burn them in and listen to them the more people will appreciate the uniqueness of the sounds on this cans..Guys that have heard higher quality sounds will understand these cans more so than guys that just want big bass with not much else. Bass cans for the musically sophisticated..Not too many bass cans can do speed metal like no other and then listen to your female vocals with goose bumps intact and then get you in the club..

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #218 of 1,799
Quote:
Just curious: what's it like switching between the 99's and the ad900x's?

This is from my man cave. Never did you guys know using the old foosball table for headphone stand was an option. But indeed it is in my cave..
Going from the AD900X to a WS99 is like moving from 10 rows back in your favorite concert hall directly to front stage.. Volume on the WS99 is greater using the same power as they are fully closed cans. But being closed don't mean sacrificing stage or depth on the WS99. You go from enjoying the grand hall sound on the AD900X to an up close front row presentation where everything is bigger fuller more frontal.. Sound balancing for both cans are similar in that mids are focused on both cans.( Newer AT sound) The main exception is the bass end on the WS99.

The reason why the WS99 compliment the air and stage the dreamy like presentation of the AD900X is now these have the full onslaught of the bass..Lower frequencies have fullness the AD900X does not have.. While the AD900X has ample bass and low end that balances the sound, the WS99 low end enhances the sound of the low end fuller more substantial bass guitars and lower grunt the AD900X does not have. The AD900X is to stage how the WS99 is to depth. The AD900X is to a big grand ball room sound to the WS99 Club like presentation where musical reverb takes a hold vs the air in the sounds of the AD900X...

The WS99 can be used outside and isolates way better than the open AD900X. As you guys would have guessed. But there is something to the depth in vocals and instruments on the WS99 that pulls you into the tune just as much as that grand stage and air of the AD900X..The AD900X is the ying as the WS99 is the yang.. You can get lost in both cans for but for different reasons. I feel lucky that I own both extraordinary cans. Even luckier I own a foosball table to hold both of them on.

That ES700 in the middle ain't too shabby either.

Mar 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #219 of 1,799
Quote:
This is from my man cave. Never did you guys know using the old fooseball table for headphone stand was an option. But indeed it is in my cave..
Going from the AD900X to a WS99 is like moving from 10 rows back in your favorite concert hall directly to front stage.. Volume on the WS99 is greater using the same power as they are fully closed cans. But being closed don't mean sacrificing stage or depth on the WS99. You go from enjoying the grand hall sound on the AD900X to an up close front row presentation where everything is bigger fuller more frontal.. Sound balancing for both cans are similar in that mids are focused on both cans.( Newer AT sound) The main exception is the bass end on the WS99.

The reason why the WS99 compliment the air and stage the dreamy like presentation of the AD900X is now these have the full onslaught of the bass..Lower frequencies have fullness the AD900X does not have.. While the AD900X has ample bass and low end that balances the sound, the WS99 low end enhances the sound of the low end fuller more substantial bass guitars and lower grunt the AD900X does not have. The AD900X is to stage how the WS99 is to depth. The AD900X is to a big grand ball room sound to the WS99 Club like presentation where musical reverb takes a hold vs the air in the sounds of the AD900X...

The WS99 can be used outside and isolates way better than the open AD900X. As you guys would have guessed. But there is something to the depth in vocals and instruments on the WS99 that pulls you into the tune just as much as that grand stage and air of the AD900X..The AD900X is the ying as the WS99 is the yang.. You can get lost in both cans for but for different reasons. I feel lucky that I own both extraordinary cans. Even luckier I own a fooseball table to hold both of them on.

That ES700 in the middle ain't too shabby either.

Sheesh.. ask Danny a simple and innocent question...

I was completely satisfied using my S500s (+E12) for that extra bass fix when required. But then you come along and beat me bloody with your WS99 (and how they seem to perfectly compliment the ad900x) impressions! How is one supposed to show any resistance when you go and do something like that LOL!

p.s. foosball table... cool :)

Mar 10, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #220 of 1,799
40mm portable to a 53mm full sized AT can using their newest double air chamber tech and then add their new AT house sound tuning? 

I ain't gonna lie Wayne. These aren't just a little upgrade to the good old HA-S500. I still love me some HA-S500 but the WS99 is what you think they are. You already know how AT does in the AD900X.. Now imagine if they made that a closed can with deep dual air chambers and triple air vents for that deep low end bass.

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #221 of 1,799
Quote:
40mm portable to a 53mm full sized AT can using their newest double air chamber tech and then add their new AT house sound tuning? 

I ain't gonna lie Wayne. These aren't just a little upgrade to the good old HA-S500. I still love me some HA-S500 but the WS99 is what you think they are. You already know how AT does in the AD900X.. Now imagine if they made that a closed can with deep dual air chambers and triple air vents for that deep low end bass.

You. Killing. Me.

Btw and completely OT, but I dug out my modded KSC75's and threw them onto my E12 for fun. Kinda blown away at the moment by how good they sound. Amazing.
Edit: I'm not the only one blown away with the KSC75's apparently:
Quote:
KSC75 + kramer mod + YUIN foam pads + parts express headband = jaw-dropping performance. And this is with my reference frame being Hifiman HE400 and HE500.

Anyway, back to the WS99... You. Killing. Me!
beerchug.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #222 of 1,799
I am telling you and everyone else that reads this thread.  Headfi has some big hype on other bassy cans but these have been overlooked by practically everyone.. Someone's gotta right the ship here.. These deserve more popularity among headfiers, guys that appreciate their deep highs and full mids as much as their low hitting bass... I feel it is my duty to tell others what they are missing. Give these a go and it will not disappoint. More than that. They will teach what a proper bass can should be..For the price one can get these cans for.. Absolutely worth your hard earned cash and then some. These are right up there with the bang for dollar the AD900X represents. Easily.

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #223 of 1,799
Are these real over ear or WS55 over ear?
I'm pretty happy with what I got right now so anything else including the WS99 is just curiosity. 

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #224 of 1,799
Sorry wayne.  I asked Ds to write up a comparo for you as he is the master of sucking people in.  I don't think you'll regret the WS when you jump on board.  I was listening to the FXZ200's today after a session with the WS99 and I had to go back to the 99's.  

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #225 of 1,799
Quote:
Are these real over ear or WS55 over ear?
I'm pretty happy with what I got right now so anything else including the WS99 is just curiosity

Yeah, that's what I said too... "just curious". You'd be wise to stop reading dsnuts' impressions right now lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back