The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Sep 18, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #1,711 of 1,799
Hiya everyone, Iv got these as an "upgrade" coming from the Ath-a900x. As far as im aware the bass is a lot a lot more kick on these. What I'd love to know is: can anyone give any guidance in regards to the size of the ws99? I'm looking for a hard case buy I can't tell which one to get? Or can anyone recommend a hard case? I'm from the UK, thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

If you can find some Koss Tony Bennets for cheap (I got mine for $30CN), they come with a case that works well with the WS99's:

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #1,712 of 1,799
Hiya everyone, Iv got these as an "upgrade" coming from the Ath-a900x. As far as im aware the bass is a lot a lot more kick on these. What I'd love to know is: can anyone give any guidance in regards to the size of the ws99? I'm looking for a hard case buy I can't tell which one to get? Or can anyone recommend a hard case? I'm from the UK, thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

If this person gets more, this is what I have. http://www.ebay.com/itm/221243481260

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #1,713 of 1,799
Yes this is a real monster but when you pair it with the Fiio E11 dude this thing goes from Bruce Banner to mr Hulk himself haha just amazing

http://www.amazon.com/DURAGADGET-Storage-Headphones-Earbuds-Technica/dp/B00JMES2L4

Thanks for the replies guys, I decided to go for the duragadget one, in relation to the koss one that was suggested it looks like a bit of a beast! I don't have an e11 but iv got a creative e1, would that be a good match for the ws99's?

Oct 1, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #1,715 of 1,799
Hey guys, iv got my ws99 and I think iv found my perfect headphones :)

Only one tiny issue: they leak a hell of a lot of sound! Anybody got any suggestions on how to counter this? Maybe some new ear pads or something?

Thanks guys.

Oct 4, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #1,717 of 1,799
Hello folks. I just recently purchased a pair of WS99 and cannot be more satisfied. Absolutely stunning, but I was curious as to how these would compare to the ATH CKS1000? I was looking for a gym/outdoor headphone that would sound just as good as the ws99 without the leakage and with some noise isolation. Also I have an extra pair of the WS99 FS which is BNIB and unopened for a great price, def lower than ebay or amazon so anyone interested let me know! Thanks!

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #1,718 of 1,799
Hello folks. I just recently purchased a pair of WS99 and cannot be more satisfied. Absolutely stunning, but I was curious as to how these would compare to the ATH CKS1000? I was looking for a gym/outdoor headphone that would sound just as good as the ws99 without the leakage and with some noise isolation. Also I have an extra pair of the WS99 FS which is BNIB and unopened for a great price, def lower than ebay or amazon so anyone interested let me know! Thanks!

The 99's are warmer but have balanced bass, mids and highs, and the highs are never fatuiging. The 1k's have the same incredible bass, but are more V shaped and coloured, with the mids being a bit further back and/the highs being quite energetic (some may find this somewhat fatuiging after a while). Fwiw, I use the ue900 tips on them and love the sound, especially for electronic music like trance (great spacious soundstage too). Anyway, they both sound great, but they are different. The 1k's isolation is average, and I find they are too bulky and stick out of my ears too much for gym use (head gets caught in the doorways lol), so I happily use them at home.

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #1,719 of 1,799
Ps read Justin McBride's great cks1000 review here:

http://www.amazon.ca/Audio-Technica-ATH-CKS1000-Solid-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B009FRPN4W

Oct 4, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #1,720 of 1,799
Ps read Justin McBride's great cks1000 review here:

http://www.amazon.ca/Audio-Technica-ATH-CKS1000-Solid-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B009FRPN4W

The 99's are warmer but have balanced bass, mids and highs, and the highs are never fatuiging. The 1k's have the same incredible bass, but are more V shaped and coloured, with the mids being a bit further back and/the highs being quite energetic (some may find this somewhat fatuiging after a while). Fwiw, I use the ue900 tips on them and love the sound, especially for electronic music like trance (great spacious soundstage too). Anyway, they both sound great, but they are different. The 1k's isolation is average, and I find they are too bulky and stick out of my ears too much for gym use (head gets caught in the doorways lol), so I happily use them at home.

Cool, thanks a bunch for the help! I Any suggestions for a pretty good IEM for outdoor/gym use that sound great with quality sound and bass. I'm willing to throw down around 120 for pair. 

Oct 4, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #1,721 of 1,799
Cool, thanks a bunch for the help! I Any suggestions for a pretty good IEM for outdoor/gym use that sound great with quality sound and bass. I'm willing to throw down around 120 for pair. 

I really want voices and the outside music and clanking largely gone, and out of the many I've tried at the gym, the only ones that isolate enough and have enough bass and sound good enough for me are the tpeos h200's. Which is fine with me because they really do sound great. You have to find the right tips to eliminate the treble peak that they have, but once you do they are great (I use vmoda bliss 3.0 fittings - cheap too). You could probably find them used for around $120 I bet.

Anyway, that's just me! Good luck.

Nov 18, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #1,724 of 1,799
I'm making presentation about audio-technica company (college assignment about how to make good presentation), and downloading the promotion video for SolidBass series. I like song for WS99/77. I feel the video is really shows what is WS99/77, good quality and quantity of bass. And make me want to buy WS99 too. Maybe the best promotion video from audio-technica, beside MSR7 
Should I buy WS99? 
biggrin.gif

How is the sounds compared to WS55X and ES700? I've only tried both, but not WS99/77 because no one sells them in Indonesia
out of topic, I want to know another songs similar with WS99/77 promotion video song

Feb 28, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #1,725 of 1,799
Hello guys, I have got a pair of ATH-WS99BT. Damn, I did not know they are semiclosed. Now I understand why on the bus that old woman was shaking the head like to say "these wasted young people disturbing all the time".
Anyway, i had to get rid of my Fidelio M2BT, and I needed something with a comparable bass.
Personally I still prefer the bass of the Fidelio. I do not think there is a wired version, but you can use the BT also wired and it performs even better.
The AT have some less body in the bass, and some less depth.
But for the rest they beat the Fidelio, and in some parts of the bass too. So, I am satisfied.

The problem is, as many other people stated, the pads. For me it is not a huge problem, my ears are small. But they still touch the grid.
I have been very disciplined and did a search and read 10 pages of comments.
Can it be that the only solution is this HM5??? THey are not even round. How can they possible perfectly seal?

Are there any alternatives, round ones?
There must be something with all the 53 driver headphones around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back