The world's best power cable ?
Jul 27, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #19 of 28
Nice DIY downsize,  I'm a believer!  I bet you'll find the braid will work best......If you take uncle erik's idea of the garden hose, I would use the white cloth type!!!
wink.gif
  PS where did you get your wire???...........................Keep believing in the WIRE/CABLE GODS......

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #22 of 28

Quote:

9ga Teflon coated pure 6N silver, with teflon outer jacket and pure silver braid shielding.

Do you mean each "leg" is 9 AWG?  Looks like you used a "bundle" of 3 wires (red, white, black) for each "leg."  
It's extremely  rare to see actual "pure silver" and not silver-plated wire of this AWG and teflon dielectric, so I'd be very curious as to where you got this wire?

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #23 of 28
Good job with the cable. With me though I find it's the quality of the connectors that matters. I have had some power cables and the plugs on them were a really loose fit in the socket on the back of my amp.

Jul 27, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #24 of 28
Each leg is 9ga ... made of three 16ga conductors twisted together. It is not SPC, but indeed it is pure silver in real Teflon.

ALL of my wire comes from my cousin Scott, who works in R&D for one of the big cable manufacturers. With him working in R&D, I can tell him what I want, and he can make it happen under the guise of R&D 
wink_face.gif

Most all of my DIY cables are designs I spec for Scott to build for me.

Jul 27, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #25 of 28

Quote:
Good job with the cable. With me though I find it's the quality of the connectors that matters. I have had some power cables and the plugs on them were a really loose fit in the socket on the back of my amp.

Those are Furitech FI-11G connectors. They are VERY good, so no problem there.

Jul 27, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #26 of 28
The cable was originally designed as a single 16ga power cable for sources. It sounds great on DACs and CD players, so I decided to triple it up for power amplifiers, and it has just blown me away so far.

Jul 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #28 of 28
Very nice build quality, good job! I myself use the IEC cables that come bundled with computer components though... not going to kill this thread with my opinions on these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back