The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #7,441 of 7,980
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but if anyone in the U.S. has the 5.0 and wants to hear the 4.ai, shoot me a PM.  I'd love to hear the 5.0.  Maybe we can work out some sort of situation just to audition them.   No obligation for a permanent trade.

Jun 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #7,442 of 7,980
Quote:
Still having a hard time finding the right source for them. At least in bringing them to my expectations in terms of sound quality/balance. The N1 player is still giving me some hope for them but to think that is the only source that makes them sound good to me for music is depressing.... I initially thought it sounded pretty good out of the AK120 but honestly the N1 player sounds quite a bit better on them when I compared the two units. On other sources the bass is just overwhelming and is distracting. Steals the show. This leads to the mids being clouded and congested. Just not a good sound for me personally. But that doesn't mean others won't find the proper source for them. I just don't want to have to spend another $800 for a ALO MKIII and get my gold cable terminated to balanced to get the performance I expect from such an IEM....

AmberOZL I'll keep you in mind if I do indeed decide to sell them (but there are 2 others who have dibs first since they asked beforehand). I'm still on the fence honestly and waiting for the T1 amp (RMA) to come in and see if it fixes my current qualms with the N1. If so then I'll most likely keep them. Just a shame that out of all my sources this is the best I get lol..... On a plus note they are quite good for movies and games. But that's besides the point....
normal_smile%20.gif

try tera player. Its really really good with the 8a.

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #7,443 of 7,980
Quote:
try tera player. Its really really good with the 8a.

I'll be demoing one in a month or so but I really don't have any intentions of throwing down 2,300 for another DAP lol. Plus I have the AK120 which suites my needs to a T (has a screen, great sound quality, decent UI, gapless, dual micro SD slots, the ability to raise/lower volume & play/skip/pause music without turning on the screen, easily). The problem is it just doesn't pair the best with the 8A. Then again this is only IEM I've had so much trouble finding a proper source for. I won't invest anymore money into it other than the N1. The funny part is the Tera player has it's own issues due to output impedance and it also doesn't pair well with lots of gear from what I've been hearing (mainly BAs most interestingly). So it's also gear specific. I'm more so after gear with higher compatibility across the board. Just less of a PITA :p.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #7,444 of 7,980
Anybody receive their CIEMs recently? Just wondering about how swamped the custom division is. Staying away from all new purchases until I get the 4A & 8A's - NO NEW HEADPHONES! It's my new mantra.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #7,445 of 7,980
Quote:
Anybody receive their CIEMs recently? Just wondering about how swamped the custom division is. Staying away from all new purchases until I get the 4A & 8A's - NO NEW HEADPHONES! It's my new mantra.

Heh. Good luck with that.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #7,446 of 7,980
Quote:

Honestly, my 8.A took way longer than the said 8 weeks. I ordered them late December of 2012, and received them April 2013. Not sure if it is because the mass amount of orders, or because these IEMs are truly customized. I'd like to think each IEM is art, so rushing them, might not yield the same results. Aesthetically, they are well worth the wait. Sonically, I can't say. I'm still waiting for my 4.A (simple Black Mamba design) which I ordered late January. Only thing I can really say is to be patient and find something else to play with to ease the waiting!

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #7,447 of 7,980
Jun 7, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #7,448 of 7,980
Quote:

Honestly, my 8.A took way longer than the said 8 weeks. I ordered them late December of 2012, and received them April 2013. Not sure if it is because the mass amount of orders, or because these IEMs are truly customized. I'd like to think each IEM is art, so rushing them, might not yield the same results. Aesthetically, they are well worth the wait. Sonically, I can't say. I'm still waiting for my 4.A (simple Black Mamba design) which I ordered late January. Only thing I can really say is to be patient and find something else to play with to ease the waiting!

Help me with this - you ordered a simple 4A in January and we are in June and you don't have possession of it? When did impressions arrive in China?

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #7,449 of 7,980
Quote:

I ordered mine in November and shipped out the impressions during the first week of December. It made it to their main headquarters on Christmas Eve. I didn't get confirmation of their completion til mid February I think. They went well past the 5 week deadline. I think closer to 8 weeks time. This was due to the huge influx of orders they had (discount sales) and also due to many of these people paying for the rush order service so they get priority. To get my IEMs done to my satisfaction it took another couple months.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #7,450 of 7,980
Quote:
Help me with this - you ordered a simple 4A in January and we are in June and you don't have possession of it? When did impressions arrive in China?

I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking correctly.. my 8.A were ordered in December 2012, and my ear impressions were said to be received in early January. I received my 8.A in mid April. My 4.A were bought in early April, and the ear molds were said to be received early May. I haven't received my 4.A yet, sorry for the confusion. 

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #7,451 of 7,980
Lee,

End of January to now is more like 19 weeks - lotta rush orders, lol.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #7,452 of 7,980
Quote:

I ordered mine in November and shipped out the impressions during the first week of December. It made it to their main headquarters on Christmas Eve. I didn't get confirmation of their completion til mid February I think. They went well past the 5 week deadline. I think closer to 8 weeks time. This was due to the huge influx of orders they had (discount sales) and also due to many of these people paying for the rush order service so they get priority. To get my IEMs done to my satisfaction it took another couple months.

tongue_smile.gif

Also, is 5 weeks really what they say is the average wait time? If so, damn... I didn't know my wait was that overdue...

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #7,453 of 7,980
Quote:

I'll be demoing one in a month or so but I really don't have any intentions of throwing down 2,300 for another DAP lol. Plus I have the AK120 which suites my needs to a T (has a screen, great sound quality, decent UI, gapless, dual micro SD slots, the ability to raise/lower volume & play/skip/pause music without turning on the screen, easily). The problem is it just doesn't pair the best with the 8A. Then again this is only IEM I've had so much trouble finding a proper source for. I won't invest anymore money into it other than the N1. The funny part is the Tera player has it's own issues due to output impedance and it also doesn't pair well with lots of gear from what I've been hearing (mainly BAs most interestingly). So it's also gear specific. I'm more so after gear with higher compatibility across the board. Just less of a PITA :p.

Not sure about the output impedance but i never had IEM that did not pairs well with tera. Its really good but since the price has gone up it does not worth 2300 lol.
I agree with you that the 8a is very picky with source for music but its great with games.
I use the 8a more with my ps vita and 3ds more than the tera player or studio v 
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #7,454 of 7,980
Quote:

tongue_smile.gif

Also, is 5 weeks really what they say is the average wait time? If so, damn... I didn't know my wait was that overdue...

I'd shoot an email - yours may have come to life and they have it in a cage starving it, hoping it will die so they can ship it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back