The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Apr 10, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #6,481 of 7,980
Quote:
I've heard from multiple people who said 8.A is actually bloated with overpowering bass and that's part of the reason I was thrown off the IE80's. I like Good bass, real bass, but not a fan of drowning bass. Then I read Average Joes review, who said the sound signature actually makes up for it.

Pardon my french but who the hell calls the 8.A bloated? It is very, very far from that. Bass from the 8.A is tight, crisp and very detailed. And it will hit you like a sledgehammer on tracks like Take The Power Back by Rage Against The Machine. But bloated? Hell no.

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #6,482 of 7,980
Quote:
Pardon my french but who the hell calls the 8.A bloated? It is very, very far from that. Bass from the 8.A is tight, crisp and very detailed. And it will hit you like a sledgehammer on tracks like Take The Power Back by Rage Against The Machine. But bloated? Hell no.

I have to agree with Sorensiim. The 8.A's are definitely NOT bass bloated. The 8.A has a LOT of bass and reaches really low, but we are talking about not just quantity but QUALITY bass. I guess if you were not used to hearing much bass in other headphones and then you hear the 8.A's for the first time, you might think that there is too much bass or it's "bloated", but we are not talking about Beats Audio here! 

I am coming from listening to Ety ER4S's, and even I don't think that the 8.A has too much bass or is bloated in any way. 

For that matter, I don't even think the highs on the 8.A's are dark or rolled off. To me they have much more high end detail than the 4.ai's. Coming from the Ety's or my Stax 407's, I don't miss any clarity or detail with my 8.A's. 

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #6,483 of 7,980
Quote:
I've heard from multiple people who said 8.A is actually bloated with overpowering bass and that's part of the reason I was thrown off the IE80's. I like Good bass, real bass, but not a fan of drowning bass. Then I read Average Joes review, who said the sound signature actually makes up for it.

I wouldn't agree with this at all. I find the bass of the 8.A punchy and deep (depending on the amount  of bass in the track of course). I find that I still use a bit of bass boost on my amps or in Amarra when I'm listening to electronic music. I haven't heard the IE80, but I own several Westone IEMs, and the 8.A sound better right across the frequency spectrum.

Apr 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #6,488 of 7,980
Quote:

I built these for a distributor in Thailand, and after they were built....

I was beguiled and I partook of the fruit.....

and I was quickly reminded of how I got the nick name "The Wizard."

Did you just post pictures of a universal 8.A?

Request storm in 3,2,1...

Apr 10, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #6,489 of 7,980
Quote:

WOW...

As much as I like my 5.0, I can't stop but wondering how much better those would be! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #6,493 of 7,980
I am truly sorry and I mean no disrespect but I am having a hard time understanding: are these posts first degree ? I mean...I am a client and quite convinced by the qualities of your product, but partaking in the fruit of humility would be a plus.

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #6,495 of 7,980
Quote:

Will this design going to be available to 5.0? 

These were made for a show being held in Thailand and they requested for some show attractions. So we put together some 5.0 (worlds first commercially available 5 driver Uni-IEM) (but remaining humble at the same time) and put together a 8.A universal for people to listen to while at the show. (all while still remaining humble of course)

Seriously, when I listened to the Thai 8.A universals the first thought I had was.....

I built these?  

I don't actually have a set of 8.A's for myself, as my ear canals turn very sharp, so my personal choice is universal IEMs. Thus I rarely hear the 8.A, which I built/designed around 3-4 years ago while in Thailand. I even built them without the use of a freq analyzer... just test and re-test, useing my ears. The 8.A was the longest trial and error CIEM I designed, as there were so many parameters to adjust.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back