The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Mar 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #6,211 of 7,980
It's much better to buy some Silica Gel and use it to keep them dry.. 

Remember that BA drivers are sensitive to heat, and you don't want to damage them by heat-drying.

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #6,212 of 7,980
Quote:
The obvious answer is neither. What you need to use is a microwave
biggrin.gif

labpic1.jpg

I think the acrylic shells are starting to melt???

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #6,213 of 7,980
I have bought a small dryer for hearing aids which are just as sensitive if not more at my audiologist for 8usd...works very well.
It's much better to buy some Silica Gel and use it to keep them dry.. 

Remember that BA drivers are sensitive to heat, and you don't want to damage them by heat-drying.

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #6,214 of 7,980
Quote:
im not trying it to get replace i was just concern that the left connector might worn out due being expose (i sweat alot) but what made me furious was they told me the warranty is void because im the second owner. What if something happen in the future? This is a 400$ IEM you will need warranty for assurance since this is still an investment. I dont have a problem with the seller since everything was fine and as describe im just a perfectionist myself thats why i emailed them about it. Anyway i dont want to talk about it anymore im moving on i already fixed it myself 

So all this was over a what if and than why the pictures and complaint of different shell sizes? Perfectionists tend to buy new and not something they can not truly know the full history of. I buy used golf equipment at times. If I get a driver and it's shaft breaks or head cracks, I'm completely out of luck and understand it going in. I don't make these assumptions or post about it on a golf forum before I even have a problem. If my shaft broke, my next post would be about which replacement shaft to buy.

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #6,215 of 7,980
So all this was over a what if and than why the pictures and complaint of different shell sizes? Perfectionists tend to buy new and not something they can not truly know the full history of. I buy used golf equipment at times. If I get a driver and it's shaft breaks or head cracks, I'm completely out of luck and understand it going in. I don't make these assumptions or post about it on a golf forum before I even have a problem. If my shaft broke, my next post would be about which replacement shaft to buy.

First thing first I ask them if the 4.ai have different shell size and they answer that they all the same which is why I took a photo to show them but they reply since your the "second owner" they cant do nothing

And I only want to try it out what do you think is wiser buying a new one for 598+ shipping and taxes/import fee and also the wait or buying a used one for 440$ and receive it the next day

Anyway this need to stop im still enjoying this pair definitely better SQ than the gloomy W4R
Ipod touch 4g + arrow 4g + heir 4.ai

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #6,220 of 7,980
All who were involved in the discussion, including the wizard. I simply didn't know about the non transferrable policy of other companies. It's something I haven't experienced and apparently their customer service accommodated me and did something different than what their policies say. I apologize from everyone if I have offended, misguided or misinformed.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #6,223 of 7,980
Quote:
All who were involved in the discussion, including the wizard. I simply didn't know about the non transferrable policy of other companies. It's something I haven't experienced and apparently their customer service accommodated me and did something different than what their policies say. I apologize from everyone if I have offended, misguided or misinformed.

Would you care to post what exactly they did or more so how they accommodated you?

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #6,224 of 7,980
If I buy an aftermarket cable, do I need to specify that I have an Heir audio product, or are the socket connectors standard for CIEMs?

I was looking at getting a BTG-Audio starlight cable.

Heir uses the standard ones that work with Westone and the like. If it works for them it'll work for Heir, at least that's what I've been lead to believe.

Of course, you can always ask the maker directly. I've actually noticed a number of cable vendors specifically mentioning that they make cables that are Heir Audio friendly. PlusSound being an example: http://www.plussoundaudio.com/iemcables.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back