The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Mar 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #5,807 of 7,980
Quote:

I see it....I see it....I don't see it. But the one on the left looks like South America.:)

Quote:
Quite obvious: the left tip is blue and the right one looks more red.

Now that you guys mention it on mine I think I see Richard Nixon's big nose in the left faceplate and Hillary Clinton sunbathing in the right faceplate. You got to really squint and have a few shots in you to see it clearly though.

Mar 5, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #5,809 of 7,980
I just got another email, my 4A's are being shipped
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #5,811 of 7,980
Ok

So I'm trying to contact heir audio uk via "heir.audio@yahoo.co.uk" but all I get is an error message.  Anyone else had that?  Trying to find out how much the 3ai and 4ai are in the uk.

Cheers

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #5,812 of 7,980
It'll be the dollar price shown on the website plus shipping, at whatever days conversion rate when you order, but the email address has changed over the last few days -

heiraudiouk@micro-dsp.com

Hope this helps!

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #5,814 of 7,980
I'll be writing a review when I get them with detailed comparisons to my SM64....

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Mar 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #5,815 of 7,980
Well, I've given my ears a month to get used to my 4.As and unfortunately they still feel uncomfortable. Fortunately, I've got a much better idea of what I need to do for impressions this time (bite block please!) so I'm hoping a refit will make everything better.

It's going to be hard not having access to them though; I wasn't sure how much I was going to like the sound coming from LCD-2s, but the 4.As have just blown me away. While I think the LCD-2s sound a little better overall, the isolation with the 4.As means I'm actually hearing more and better detail without destroying my hearing.

Now I just need to forget about them for the next month or two while I wait...

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #5,816 of 7,980
So my ciem's are supposed to arrive this friday. I've never owned IEM's before so I am not so sure on how to insert them in my ear. I've noticed a lot of people in this thread at first did not know how to properly insert their CIEM's. How do you do it? How can I ensure that my CIEM has a proper fit? Any tests I should conduct?

Also, any tips on ear wax and cleaning? Should I be cleaning my ears regularly? How do I do that? How do I clean my 4A's?

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #5,817 of 7,980
Quote:
So my ciem's are supposed to arrive this friday. I've never owned IEM's before so I am not so sure on how to insert them in my ear. I've noticed a lot of people in this thread at first did not know how to properly insert their CIEM's. How do you do it? How can I ensure that my CIEM has a proper fit? Any tests I should conduct?

Also, any tips on ear wax and cleaning? Should I be cleaning my ears regularly? How do I do that? How do I clean my 4A's?

Hey, it's me from a month ago!

I found inserting them pretty easy, I start with them rotated forward and push them in while rotating them back (rotating the top of the CIEM towards the back of my head). Once the tip is in my ear I then rotate them slightly forward again to hook the front part near the cable under the flap of my ear.

For seal tests you can use this for a general test: http://www.sensaphonics.com/?page_id=833  It's a couple tones that test whether you have a seal by testing if you can hear the bass tone since that's what you lose first.
Also, if you lose seal you should hear it as a noticeable increase in background noise and some amount of white noise / air movement sound.
And an easy test is to rub your fingers together next to your ear, for me if I can hear any of the slight higher-pitched noise from that then I don't have a good seal.

Your CIEMs come with a cleaning tool that you can use to clean the sound tubes with; other than that just wipe them down occasionally with a damp cloth or something and you should be good.

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #5,818 of 7,980
It sounds obvious but do a search on youtube for inserting custom iems, should get at least a couple!

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #5,820 of 7,980
Quote:

Hey, it's me from a month ago!

I found inserting them pretty easy, I start with them rotated forward and push them in while rotating them back (rotating the top of the CIEM towards the back of my head). Once the tip is in my ear I then rotate them slightly forward again to hook the front part near the cable under the flap of my ear.

For seal tests you can use this for a general test: http://www.sensaphonics.com/?page_id=833  It's a couple tones that test whether you have a seal by testing if you can hear the bass tone since that's what you lose first.
Also, if you lose seal you should hear it as a noticeable increase in background noise and some amount of white noise / air movement sound.
And an easy test is to rub your fingers together next to your ear, for me if I can hear any of the slight higher-pitched noise from that then I don't have a good seal.

Your CIEMs come with a cleaning tool that you can use to clean the sound tubes with; other than that just wipe them down occasionally with a damp cloth or something and you should be good.

Cool. Thanks for the seal test. Will definitely take a look at that. Also, do you clean your ears? I've read online that one should not clean their ears because the wax is natural just make sure you rinse it with water. But I think I've seen a post in this thread where someone's wax may have clogged up their ciem tubes? Should I be worried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back