The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #5,237 of 7,980
Turn the volume all the way down, turn the amp on before plugging in the IEMs (in case the amp POPs on power up/down), and then put the IEMs in your ears before you start any music. If the amp noise is obvious, stop there and unplug your IEMs -- you won't have harmed anything, but you've proven that this combo isn't a good match. Otherwise play something while the volume is still all the way down and turn the knob slowly until you're at a comfortable listening level.

You're unlikely to harm anything if you go about it carefully.

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #5,240 of 7,980
Part of my 4.A fit issue was too deep insertion, moreso on the right. An unpleasant surprise on first use as it smacked against the cartilage at the back of the canal. So I was confused about the "no longer doing musician fit" line as mine could not have gone any deeper.

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #5,241 of 7,980

Quote:
Thx for the tips! Doesnt worked out at all.. it was too noisy

I own the Lyr and it is known that there is an audible hiss with headphones that are low impedance. I guess this also affect earphones that may not be low impedance but nonetheless are higher sensitivity?

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #5,242 of 7,980
Nice combo... my 4A with the new Nova 3 from HSA.

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #5,245 of 7,980
sly - could u tell us a bit more about the player, how do u like it? compared to the studio V 3rd anv?

king8888 - its happened to quiet a few members in the thread earlier, nothing to worry about . they will reach u fine. its the way ups ships and tracks all their parcels, they travel half way round the world and the otherside and then reach you. sorry about the wait.

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #5,247 of 7,980
Quote:
Holy bluntsmoking baby jesus those look killer! Is that zebrano wood with clear shells?

And yeah, whats the skinny on that player?

If I'm right then it's :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/629679/edit-hisound-audio-to-release-new-dap-product-line-nova-with-micro-sd-card-support

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back