The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jan 15, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #4,546 of 7,980
Quote:
lol im in india and if i would order the 8A at the current price , id be lookin @ atleast 400/420$ in taxes. im trying to find hk duty (if any, i doubt) .. will get it shipped to a friend there, or either singapore. Can any sg locals tellme how much they paid as duty on their ciems??? i have friends at both the places who keep coming down... ill probably be sending it to them.,.. indian tax system is crazy. :frowning2:

You'll be paying 7% GST on the declared value of the item plus whatever fees UPS wants to impose. Taxes for my 4.As (under the introductory pricing) came up to 54 SGD.

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #4,551 of 7,980
Quote:
You'll be paying 7% GST on the declared value of the item plus whatever fees UPS wants to impose. Taxes for my 4.As (under the introductory pricing) came up to 54 SGD.

Similarly I paid Singapore dollars S$67 for my 4A, which had some additional custom options done.

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #4,552 of 7,980
I received my 4A yesterday. I think I gotta "charge" the glow-in-the-dark material before taking any photos!

I think the fit is fine. When I open my mouth the 4A does not shift.

1) May I know what potential issues with fitting I need to look out for, just in case?

2) I am still considering whether to purchase a cable to replace the stock. Maybe from Toxic Cables, Double Helix, or the Magnus 1, dunno cos there are so many options. Once again opinions on this are welcome. I would not want to pay above USD200+ excluding shipping.

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #4,553 of 7,980
1) May I know what potential issues with fitting I need to look out for, just in case?

2) I am still considering whether to purchase a cable to replace the stock. Maybe from Toxic Cables, Double Helix, or the Magnus 1, dunno cos there are so many options. Once again opinions on this are welcome. I would not want to pay above USD200+ excluding shipping.

The Magnus-1 is a very nice cable. It's solid, flexible, and sounds delicious. It's a great upgrade, especially if you're new to the whole cable-swapping game.

As for fit, it's simple: Does it hurt or uncomfortable? Are you losing seal when you shift your jaw around a little? They should be snug but not to the point of discomfort and you should really have to contort your jaw in order to break the seal, assuming you can at all. My 4.A's would lose a bit of seal when I would eat, but that's kind of the accepted norm.

If you do feel some discomfort, make sure you're inserting them correctly. Same goes for seal. I find that gently pressing on them with my fingertips and then wiggling them after I've inserted them helps make sure they're settled properly.

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #4,554 of 7,980
Quote:
The Magnus-1 is a very nice cable. It's solid, flexible, and sounds delicious. It's a great upgrade, especially if you're new to the whole cable-swapping game.

+1

Magnus 1 is a fairly inexpensive cable especially considering u can get it for cheaper if you buy it with your 4.A (im sure you can still get it for the discounted price). Its super ergonomic in comparison to the stock cables. Going back to the stock cable makes the stocks seem firm and inflexible. The magnus 1 simply feels good. haha

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #4,555 of 7,980
thanks 23t23ds & tkteo - ill figure out which one works best n order - :)

guys do these molds look ok? just got them done and mailed the snaps to the wizard aswell, if he gives a thumbs up, will ship them off today itself. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t3mkcvsgebp9u28/S8IrwyWvxx

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #4,556 of 7,980
I think they look okay but seriously there is no way I would know about what makes for well-done ear mold impressions. Best to ask bangkokkid or fullcircle (Wizard) I think.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #4,557 of 7,980
Quote:
DX100 no doubt, the output impedance of the AK100 is reason enough on its own, but according to Headfonia, that's the least of its problems.

As Staal said, I have the DX100 and I'm loving the hell out of it with my 8.A!

I went with your suggestion, this combo is amazing
beyersmile.png

Jan 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #4,559 of 7,980
I received my 4A yesterday. I think I gotta "charge" the glow-in-the-dark material before taking any photos!

I think the fit is fine. When I open my mouth the 4A does not shift.

Cable wise I'd recommend that you check out btg audio. I (and a few others on here) have the sunrise cable. It's exceptionally well put together and great value. He has also just released the starlight cable, expect the same quality but different material will colour the sound differently :wink: check out his website for more info and he is very good at responding to queries on email!

Jan 16, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #4,560 of 7,980
+1

Magnus 1 is a fairly inexpensive cable especially considering u can get it for cheaper if you buy it with your 4.A (im sure you can still get it for the discounted price). Its super ergonomic in comparison to the stock cables. Going back to the stock cable makes the stocks seem firm and inflexible. The magnus 1 simply feels good. haha

I think the discount for magnus when you purchase the CIEM is on the basis that you don't get the stock cable - i doubt discount would be available after purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back