The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Dec 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #3,991 of 7,980
Quote:
Good to know there's a fellow Evanescence fan on this forum. That will probably be one of my have to listen to albums when I get my 4A

I'm not a super big fan of theirs, but Fallen is a favorite of mine, and if I recall correctly, I also enjoyed The Open Door quite a bit. I don't have that one in my collection though, so I can't tell you how that sounds. I listened to a few songs off the most recent CD as well, but I didn't like it as much. It didn't sound as dark or aggressive. There just isn't as much separating them from similar artists anymore. Pretty much just rides on Amy Lee's voice now.

Edit: I'm still surprised that I haven't seen more comments from 4.A owners about Frank Sinatra and how brilliant the man sounds on Heir CIEMs. The 4.As make him sound smoother than ever.
cool.gif

Edit, the sequel: Jimi Hendrix is sounding pretty incredible, too. Heard a couple of guitar lines that I'd never heard before, lying underneath the bass guitar. They're pretty quiet. Not terribly impressive guitar licks, unfortunately. Just a bit of ornamentation, more than anything. Still, I haven't even heard those on the HD600. Might have to go back and check it on those sometime this week.

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #3,993 of 7,980
I just had my ear impressions made this morning, super efficient here in Hong Kong. The ear impressions are already with the courier service and should reach Heir tomorrow or Friday.

If anyone is in Hong Kong, and need ear impressions done, they should visit:-

Dr. Joyce Au   www.hearingtune.com/eng/centre/audiologist.php   Tel:3520 1333. Lots of experience and Impeccable service! Highly recommended............

She did the first pair for me, took a look at the ear impressions and said she thought she can make a better impression for me. So she went through the whole process again and indeed the second pair was better and chosen as the pair sent to Heir. 

Now I have a spare pair of my ear impressions to admire :)

All this for $25.............

Now the wait for the 6A & 8A!

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #3,995 of 7,980
@spkrs01 After seeing your impressions, I'm not sure mine are suitable. Have emailed Wizard and Sunny to get their view before I send them off.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #3,997 of 7,980
They look OK but did the audiologist take it round the second bend?

I think the Wizard /Sunny will give the best advice......Good luck with it!

Quote:
@spkrs01 After seeing your impressions, I'm not sure mine are suitable. Have emailed Wizard and Sunny to get their view before I send them off.

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #3,998 of 7,980
Quote:
They look OK but did the audiologist take it round the second bend?

I think the Wizard /Sunny will give the best advice......Good luck with it!

Yes its past the 2nd bend - I'm more concerned whether there is enough of the Helix?
I'll wait for Wizard\Sunny to confirm.

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #3,999 of 7,980
Quote:
Mine still haven't arrived. Tomorrow it's 3 weeks since I sent em off and no trace since 3 days after that.

Same here, sent them in express 2 weeks ago, they should have arrived 3 to 6 days after the shipping date, but still no confirmation email from Heir saying they received them... Should we wait longer or send an email asking for confirmation...?

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #4,000 of 7,980
mmmm....Wizard wants more photos as it doesn't look cut and dry as to whether the impressions are good enough 
frown.gif

Loads more photos sent..waiting nervously to find out if I have to contact the Audiologist again 
eek.gif

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #4,001 of 7,980
Already did that and Sunny confirmed that they had not arrived yet. She also said she'll send out a mail once they've arrived, which I'm sure she will do.
It was just me being impatient.:wink:

Quote:
Same here, sent them in express 2 weeks ago, they should have arrived 3 to 6 days after the shipping date, but still no confirmation email from Heir saying they received them... Should we wait longer or send an email asking for confirmation...?

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #4,003 of 7,980
Quote:
I just ordered a 8A and sent my ear impression to the Heir Audio USA office. All I have to do is wait 1,5 month for my 8A to arrive.

Good choice, you were wise to ignore the person who said that all companies were the same with customer service. Heir Audio will take care of you.

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #4,005 of 7,980
Quote:
Good choice, you were wise to ignore the person who said that all companies were the same with customer service. Heir Audio will take care of you.

Thanks, this is my first time to order a pair of custom by myself. My jh16 was ordered through a JH reseller.

When my 8A arrive, I will do a comparison between these 2 beast: JH16 vs 8A, the battle between 2 8 BA drivers customs.

I'm wondering if the Magnus 1 cable's sound quality is better than the stock cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back