The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Nov 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #3,586 of 7,980
If the DX100 didn't cost a fortune and a half I would get it. But until then......

I wanted a DX100, but yeah they are so dam expensive......somI managed to nab a Colorfly C4 that was for sale on here in the UK instead.

It arrives tomorrow and I can't wait to see how the 4.Ai sound with some 24/96kHz WAV files.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #3,588 of 7,980
Anyone know if Heir uses shipping companies other than UPS?

The 8.A sounds nice straight out of my Clip+. Better out of an iPod+Alo RX rig. Even better out of my DX100. Nothing short of amazing out of my DX100+Heir Rendition 1 amp. They'll keep getting better as you upgrade, but you don't need summit-fi gear to make them sound good.

I'd love to have a DX100 if I could sell my kidney.. if I sold my Walkman Z+Arrow 4G it'd put a big enough dent in the price of a DX100 to look more attractive but I have no idea how my current setup would sound compared to the DX100 so that's the only thing holding me back.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #3,589 of 7,980
And ear impressions on the way, now to begin my couple month worry over whether they'll fit right.

My jaw's actually been feeling a bit sore these past few days, so of course I'm concerned over that. But at the same time with how many things that can affect fit I decided there probably isn't any guarantee of better fit (or that it would even affect it) if/when my jaw feels better. Now I'll just keep telling myself that until they get here and hopefully everything'll be good...

Oh, and if anyone else has had concerns and ended up with a perfect fit please feel free to post and make me feel better :etysmile:

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #3,590 of 7,980
Quote:
And ear impressions on the way, now to begin my couple month worry over whether they'll fit right.
My jaw's actually been feeling a bit sore these past few days, so of course I'm concerned over that. But at the same time with how many things that can affect fit I decided there probably isn't any guarantee of better fit (or that it would even affect it) if/when my jaw feels better. Now I'll just keep telling myself that until they get here and hopefully everything'll be good...
Oh, and if anyone else has had concerns and ended up with a perfect fit please feel free to post and make me feel better
etysmile.gif

My ear impressions appointment is this friday and I'm very scared of having that thing go so deep in my ear canal.... :frowning2: Did it hurt?

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #3,592 of 7,980
Quote:
My ear impressions appointment is this friday and I'm very scared of having that thing go so deep in my ear canal.... :frowning2: Did it hurt?

Just a little on one side when she put in the dam and when she removed the impression, wasn't honestly a big deal though. I just wish there was a way to more quickly know if everything will fit before Heir spends a month+ making and shipping them. That and there's really no way to know if my jaw being sore will have any effect on my ear shape or if I (or the audiologist for that matter) did everything correctly, or for that matter if open-mouth is what works for me.

So in short, I don't like this many unknowns when I have to wait this long to find out if it all went well. Still, I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end.

Oh, I suppose I haven't mentioned, getting 4.As in gun metal blue with gray buckeye burl, definitely excited to see how it'll come out.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #3,593 of 7,980
Quote:

Just a little on one side when she put in the dam and when she removed the impression, wasn't honestly a big deal though. I just wish there was a way to more quickly know if everything will fit before Heir spends a month+ making and shipping them. That and there's really no way to know if my jaw being sore will have any effect on my ear shape or if I (or the audiologist for that matter) did everything correctly, or for that matter if open-mouth is what works for me.

So in short, I don't like this many unknowns when I have to wait this long to find out if it all went well. Still, I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end.

Oh, I suppose I haven't mentioned, getting 4.As in gun metal blue with gray buckeye burl, definitely excited to see how it'll come out.

Did your audiologist go to the second bend of your ear canal?

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #3,596 of 7,980
Quote:

But as a more serious response, yes she did, and I was glad she knew what she was doing because it did feel quite deep in my ears. But it was more weird than anything.

Oh, and if customs block out anywhere near as much sound as the impression goop does then I already fully understand why people like them so much; I'm really looking forward to being able to listen at even lower levels than I currently do and still hear more.

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #3,597 of 7,980
Quote:

But as a more serious response, yes she did, and I was glad she knew what she was doing because it did feel quite deep in my ears. But it was more weird than anything.

Oh, and if customs block out anywhere near as much sound as the impression goop does then I already fully understand why people like them so much; I'm really looking forward to being able to listen at even lower levels than I currently do and still hear more.

*Sigh*. I'm such a wussy. Now Im regretting buying ciem's. I didn't know ear impressions went that deep. :frowning2:

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #3,598 of 7,980
Yup, I practically couldn't hear a thing with the impressions in my ear.

*Sigh*. I'm such a wussy. Now Im regretting buying ciem's. I didn't know ear impressions went that deep. :frowning2:

Don't worry, they put in a foam blocker so nothing will happen to your eardrums and the only feeling you'll have is a small tingle when they put the blocker in and a cold sensation when they start pumping the silicone into your ears. I sorta liked having my impressions done :rolleyes:

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #3,599 of 7,980
Quote:
Yup, I practically couldn't hear a thing with the impressions in my ear.
Don't worry, they put in a foam blocker so nothing will happen to your eardrums and the only feeling you'll have is a small tingle when they put the blocker in and a cold sensation when they start pumping the silicone into your ears. I sorta liked having my impressions done
rolleyes.gif

That's very comforting to hear. I will let you guys know how my impressions go on Friday. I'm getting it done by Dr.Julie Glick from NYC as recommended by other users here in head-fi. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back