The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Nov 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #3,616 of 7,980
Quote:
So, I was thinking of doing a trade for the 4.Ai for my 4.A... then, I thought, what if I get "Wood"?  Hmmmm... ok, so I was wondering if Heir does Laser engraving on the Wood instead of just the Acrylic?  I'd like to have my current CIEMS with Wood, but want my current artwork "burned" onto the wood and not the Acrylic.  Thoughts?

Sounds like it could be neat, but you'll probably want to PM or email someone at Heir since they're the only ones who can say if they can do it.

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #3,617 of 7,980
The ear molds are nothing to worry about and it shouldn't hurt at all. Make sure that you have your ears cleaned prior to having your impressions made so you do not have to reschedule.
Customs will not isolate as well as the impressions do because the impressions are dynamic whereas the ciem is static. They will come close to that level though.

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #3,620 of 7,980
Quote:
The ear molds are nothing to worry about and it shouldn't hurt at all. Make sure that you have your ears cleaned prior to having your impressions made so you do not have to reschedule.
Customs will not isolate as well as the impressions do because the impressions are dynamic whereas the ciem is static. They will come close to that level though.

Even close that'll be excellent...now I need some way to just forget I ordered anything for the next couple months.

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #3,622 of 7,980
Whoo! UPS did not mess up. My 4.A is already burning into my ears, and I think that I'm adjusting to them pretty quickly. I like these a lot. And they're downright beautiful.

That being said, I do have a pretty important question. Am I going to be billed for the customs charges later and how much should I expect to have to pay for that?

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #3,623 of 7,980
Whoo! UPS did not mess up. My 4.A is already burning into my ears, and I think that I'm adjusting to them pretty quickly. I like these a lot. And they're downright beautiful.

That being said, I do have a pretty important question. Am I going to be billed for the customs charges later and how much should I expect to have to pay for that?

no custom fees for you?
a lot of people here are envying you!

sorry i cant answer the question though lol

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #3,624 of 7,980
Quote:
no custom fees for you?
a lot of people here are envying you!
sorry i cant answer the question though lol

Not yet anyway. They just dropped the package at the door. I wasn't there to pick up my package (high school) and my mother was out at work.

Nov 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #3,626 of 7,980
Not yet anyway. They just dropped the package at the door. I wasn't there to pick up my package (high school) and my mother was out at work.

Woah UPS just dropped off a package worth a few hundred dollars without even calling or sticking a slip on the box saying there were duties?? I know FedEx does that sometimes and sends you a bill but I have never had or heard of UPS doing that. I think you might've gotten lucky and they overlooked your package :p

Nov 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #3,628 of 7,980
Quote:
the 4a have balanced armatures so they shouldnt burn in, from what ive read

I didn't say that they were physically burning in. They were "burning into my ears." That means I was getting used to them, as they are my first set of customs and I hadn't heard a 4.Ai, so I wasn't familiar with their sound signature.

So, the first time I put them on, they isolated super well on both sides and everything was great. I took them out for a little while and have come back to them. They feel the same, but now the right side doesn't wanna isolate sound.

Edit: Never mind. Part of the learning experience. CIEMs seal up perfectly and isolate well when you get them in their proper placement. But, that proper placement seems to be very, very exact and it's really finicky. Even if it feels the same at first, it might isolate less. It's gonna take a while to get used to these enough that I can do it in one try.

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #3,629 of 7,980
Quote:
Woah UPS just dropped off a package worth a few hundred dollars without even calling or sticking a slip on the box saying there were duties?? I know FedEx does that sometimes and sends you a bill but I have never had or heard of UPS doing that. I think you might've gotten lucky and they overlooked your package
tongue.gif

Happened to me. Collected it from them, and got a letter one week later asking me to pay for the duties....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back