The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Sep 24, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #2,344 of 7,980
Quote:
Do you think I should ring up and get them redone? Not sure if I want to go back though.

Well, Wizard can try to fill in the void, essentially "guessing" what the real shape should be. But there's a distinct possibility that it won't end up being a good result. 

Is it more work to go redo the impressions now? Or to have an imperfect fit on your CIEMs, then redo them impressions, then send back the CIEMs to have them rebuilt? As much as you don't want to, it might be prudent to take care of it now. 

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #2,346 of 7,980
Take care of it now, it'll be better in the long run. I think the term for it in English is "due diligence".

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #2,347 of 7,980
Quote:

Those are the ugliest CIEMs the Wizard has ever made! 
eek.gif

Joking apart ... Yeah, I don't like the blemish either. My audiologist here redid an impression for less than that.

I got myself re-booked next monday, thats another weeks wait :frowning2:
Didn't lol at first as I was worried about the impressions and having to call them up to explain the situation, re-read this and yea it was pretty damn funny lolz.

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #2,348 of 7,980
Quote:
Didn't lol at first as I was worried about the impressions and having to call them up to explain the situation, re-read this and yea it was pretty damn funny lolz.

Heir Audio emailed me this morning and told me my impressions were incorrect.

I'm really upset, I went back to the audiologist today and made an appointment to get them redone; hopefully I don't get charged the full fee again, if anything, because he screwed it up.

I brought in the tip sheet and everything.

Thank God I went with the cheapest option to ship the impressions.

Now I have to wait an extra five days. 

This is a lot of hassle for CIEMs; they better be worth it.

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #2,351 of 7,980
Quote:

I'm really upset, I went back to the audiologist today and made an appointment to get them redone; hopefully I don't get charged the full fee again, if anything, because he screwed it up.

That sucks, but good thing you had your photos reviewed first. Think how you'd have felt if you didn't get the news until your impressions arrived at Heir's facility.

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #2,352 of 7,980

That sucks, but good thing you had your photos reviewed first. Think how you'd have felt if you didn't get the news until your impressions arrived at Heir's facility.

The number one reason with a bullet that we turn away impressions is that there is a lack of impression material where the socket of the CIEM would be located. This can easily be avoided, but audiologists are much more accustomed to doing impressions for hearing aids which do not require this area to be featured in the impression itself. In any case, we try to mitigate this as much as possible by providing an instructions sheet which can be found on our website and having impressions reviewed before they go to our labs (in the case of customers located within North America, at least).

The fact of the matter is, every single company that offers CIEM should turn down impressions that do not include the socket area. Whether they do so or not and are leaving the build process up to conjecture and estimation, is another story entirely.

​

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #2,353 of 7,980

I got an email from Nancy saying that mine were OK to use but I'm a little confused and not sure what to do now. Any advice?

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #2,355 of 7,980
Quote:

One day, my "sense of humor" will get me punched, even through the Internet.

The good news for you is that the 4.A is worth the effort.

Quote:
Surprised you say the stock cables are so microphonic, especially since they are worn over-ear.  I haven't tried the Heir stock cable, but the Westone and Earsonics stock cable were minimally microphonic in my experience. 

I had an old version of the standard cable, it appears. The current version is quite OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back