The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Aug 21, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #1,847 of 7,980
This company is extremely appealing. Will definitely strive for a future purchase.

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #1,848 of 7,980
Quote:

You only live once :)  What kind of wood are you looking at?

I'm going with the Asian Satinwood with the woody logo on one faceplate and my initials engraved on the other.  The Wizard recommended that I let them choose which wood to use for the crown so I'm not sure what the inlay will be but I'm sure it will look great whatever they choose.

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #1,849 of 7,980
Quote:
This company is extremely appealing. Will definitely strive for a future purchase.

*Cough*

Taken from their web announcement,
---
[size=xx-small][size=9pt]   From October 1, 2012, Heir Audio will officially end the promotional prices for all of our CIEM products and the standard prices will be effective at the time. For our renowned 8 A, the standard package will include the superior Magnus 1 cables at no extra charge while 4 A will continue to come with free wood. 3 A will be set at US$449 for each pair. [/size][/size]

[size=xx-small][size=9pt]    At Heir Audio, we whole heartedly thank all of our valuable clients for your great support and confidence. As always, we will continue to strive for the best in providing the excellent music listening experience with our technologies and products.[/size][/size]

[size=xx-small][size=9pt]Heir Audio[/size][/size]
[size=xx-small][size=9pt]August 21, 2012[/size][/size]
---

[size=xx-small][size=9pt]You know you want em (it)[/size][/size]

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #1,850 of 7,980
Quote:
I'm going with the Asian Satinwood with the woody logo on one faceplate and my initials engraved on the other.  The Wizard recommended that I let them choose which wood to use for the crown so I'm not sure what the inlay will be but I'm sure it will look great whatever they choose.

I can't find that wood on the website order form 
confused.gif

IMO they all look amazing.

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #1,851 of 7,980
Quote:

*Cough*

Taken from their web announcement,
---
[size=xx-small][size=9pt]   From October 1, 2012, Heir Audio will officially end the promotional prices for all of our CIEM products and the standard prices will be effective at the time. For our renowned 8 A, the standard package will include the superior Magnus 1 cables at no extra charge while 4 A will continue to come with free wood. 3 A will be set at US$449 for each pair. [/size][/size]

[size=xx-small][size=9pt]    At Heir Audio, we whole heartedly thank all of our valuable clients for your great support and confidence. As always, we will continue to strive for the best in providing the excellent music listening experience with our technologies and products.[/size][/size]

[size=xx-small][size=9pt]Heir Audio[/size][/size]
[size=xx-small][size=9pt]August 21, 2012[/size][/size]
---

[size=xx-small][size=9pt]You know you want em (it)[/size][/size]

That means I have a little over a month to decide if I want a 4.a to go with my 8.a  I read they compliment each other really well

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #1,854 of 7,980
Quote:

Only at Head-Fi

yup, searched beats-rule.org, nothin' there
Quote:
I lol'ed. 

Then I remembered that I was listening to my 4.Ai while my 8.A are lying on my desk.

Lol, I know you have both, did you ever post a review on both? How different are they?

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #1,855 of 7,980
Quote:

I can't find that wood on the website order form 
confused.gif

IMO they all look amazing.

The new types of wood just got added to the order form in the last couple of days so check again.  I am having difficulties ordering though because the order calculator at the bottom of the page is adding the $150 for wood face plates even though it says "free" wohen you click on the button.  I sent an email to the Wizard on how to proceed so hopefully I can get my 4.A's ordered today!

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #1,856 of 7,980
Quote:
The new types of wood just got added to the order form in the last couple of days so check again.  I am having difficulties ordering though because the order calculator at the bottom of the page is adding the $150 for wood face plates even though it says "free" wohen you click on the button.  I sent an email to the Wizard on how to proceed so hopefully I can get my 4.A's ordered today!

You can just order and deduct the price on your own when sending the payment through paypal :)

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #1,858 of 7,980
Quote:
yup, searched beats-rule.org, nothin' there
Lol, I know you have both, did you ever post a review on both? How different are they?

I haven't written the review yet - I wanted it to be a proper review after getting to know both, not just a list of first impressions 
smile.gif

They are both very detailed but their presentations are quite different from each other. The 8.A gives you just about every single bit of sound present on the recording but you have to listen for it. A relaxed presentation that I can enjoy for hours (they get 6-8 hours in my ears every single day) without fatigue. They never get as mellow and laid back as my HD650, they just strike a perfect balance for my needs and taste. The 8.A lets you lean back and relax, the 4.A(i) is another beast. It serves up all the details for you on a silver platter, forcing you to listen actively and focus on the music. Keith Jarrett's Köln Concert is amazingly good with the 4.Ai, so much detail, spatial information and a stunning sound of the piano. It feels like you're really at the concert, hovering 50cm above the piano. For rap, dancehall and electro I prefer the 3.Ai or my 8.A as they both extend deeper than the 4.A(i) and have a better bass slam. Oddly, I find myself reaching for the 4.Ai when listening to the album "All Drums Go To Hell" by Two Steps From Hell. An album with - you guessed it - lots and lots of drums. You know that track "Mombasa" from the Inception soundtrack by Hans Zimmer? The one where Leonardo DiCaprio is running for his life through Mombasa and there's just percussion everywhere? Yeah, imagine an entire album with just that. Back on track: The 4.Ai is very fast and accurate so while the 3.Ai extends deeper, I really like how the drums sound from the 4.Ai. Or I can reach for the 8.A and get the best of both then the price just tripled...

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #1,859 of 7,980
Quote:
I haven't written the review yet - I wanted it to be a proper review after getting to know both, not just a list of first impressions 
smile.gif

They are both very detailed but their presentations are quite different from each other. The 8.A gives you just about every single bit of sound present on the recording but you have to listen for it. A relaxed presentation that I can enjoy for hours (they get 6-8 hours in my ears every single day) without fatigue. They never get as mellow and laid back as my HD650, they just strike a perfect balance for my needs and taste. The 8.A lets you lean back and relax, the 4.A(i) is another beast. It serves up all the details for you on a silver platter, forcing you to listen actively and focus on the music. Keith Jarrett's Köln Concert is amazingly good with the 4.Ai, so much detail, spatial information and a stunning sound of the piano. It feels like you're really at the concert, hovering 50cm above the piano. For rap, dancehall and electro I prefer the 3.Ai or my 8.A as they both extend deeper than the 4.A(i) and have a better bass slam. Oddly, I find myself reaching for the 4.Ai when listening to the album "All Drums Go To Hell" by Two Steps From Hell. An album with - you guessed it - lots and lots of drums. You know that track "Mombasa" from the Inception soundtrack by Hans Zimmer? The one where Leonardo DiCaprio is running for his life through Mombasa and there's just percussion everywhere? Yeah, imagine an entire album with just that. Back on track: The 4.Ai is very fast and accurate so while the 3.Ai extends deeper, I really like how the drums sound from the 4.Ai. Or I can reach for the 8.A and get the best of both then the price just tripled...

Awesome comparison of all three models!  I'm definitely keeping an eye on the 3Ai in the foreseeable future... unless Heir comes up with some other new work of art :wink:

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #1,860 of 7,980
Quote:
smile.gif

This post is making me have second, third, forth, fifth, etc thoughts about ordering the 3.Ai as I was planning, instead of the 4.Ai... 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back