The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Aug 7, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #1,652 of 7,980
Quote:
  Absolutely, Tom.. your impressions are among the chief reasons I went with the 4.A.  I really do hope you make it an 'official' review cause it was very insightful.  It can be hard describing a phone that, essentially, sounds like 'nothing' (i.e. very neutral).. but your points of emphasis really sold it for me.

Quote:
  Yes please, I think a lot of us would enjoy reading that. 

I'll try --- I've been quite busy though. It's hard to get into the rhythm of writing when doing other things simultaneously. I also wanted to wait until I got my plugs redone, since they're a little loose. Honestly, though, my thoughts are quite similar to those from project86. Your review was pretty much in concert with what I thought of the 4.A! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #1,653 of 7,980
Flysweep... I notice you have a Neco Soundlab V3... any chance you could give me your impressions on this portable-amp (& if you got the upgrade op-amps or not), his feedback on ebay is phenomenal but that doesn't say anything about SQ if you get my drift, cheers.

I surely can, bud.  I recommend dipping into the Neco V2 amp thread (V3 chatter starts on page 5) to get some thoughts on it from me as well as others who own the V3.  I've got photos and some of strong, affinity-laden impression there.  I've been prepping a full blown review of this fantastic little amp.. I need to finish it up.

Neco's a fantastic guy to deal with.. super responsive, polite, and honest.

Aug 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #1,654 of 7,980
The V3 looks really nice, by the time I would get all of the upgrades and ship it to the states for around 50 more I could get the Leckerton UHA 6S MK II.  Is there anyone who has both who can compare?

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #1,657 of 7,980
Quote:
Just wondering, but has anyone gotten one of Heir's CIEMs with the woven grass face plate or coconut wood? Both of those look awesome.

If you head over to our Facebook page (see the link in my signature) you can find photos of both.

Here's an example of the woven grass faceplates (note that the Wizard weaves the grass himself):

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #1,659 of 7,980
Quote:
Just wondering, but has anyone gotten one of Heir's CIEMs with the woven grass face plate or coconut wood? Both of those look awesome.

To date there has only been one CIEM made, using the finest home grown materials from the Golden Traingle. Swimming across the Mekong River with a bag grass in the middle of the night is no easy task. 

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #1,660 of 7,980
Quote:
To date there has only been one CIEM made, using the finest home grown materials from the Golden Traingle. Swimming across the Mekong River with a bag grass in the middle of the night is no easy task. 

Impressive!

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #1,662 of 7,980
Most definitely is impressive :)  Goes across the river to steal some grass then weaves it all in a day's work :p

Aug 8, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #1,663 of 7,980
I wonder if you could get faceplates with the face of Benjamin Franklin - cut from real dollar bills, off course.

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #1,664 of 7,980
Quote:
Here's an example of the woven grass faceplates (note that the Wizard weaves the grass himself):

Wow, not my cup of tea, but really impressive anyway! The man is a wizard and a weaver!!! 
beerchug.gif

I wonder if you could get faceplates with the face of Benjamin Franklin - cut from real dollar bills, off course.

Great idea! And it seems highly feasible! I couple of bills wouldn't mind much! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back