The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 20, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #1,186 of 7,980
In my experience, UPS's tracking is good at telling you where your package was, but poor at telling you where your package is or will be. However, the scheduling information tends to be fairly accurate.

In the US, you can set up a free account on UPS's site and when a delivery is scheduled they'll email you a 24 hour notice, with notes on whether it requires COD payment or a signature, and email you again after delivery, so you can tell pretty easily whether there's a package waiting for you at home (or somewhere else; in which case you know you've got to make some calls...)

it's pretty convenient, and I recommend it.

Jun 20, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #1,187 of 7,980
Quote:
In my experience, UPS's tracking is good at telling you where your package was, but poor at telling you where your package is or will be. However, the scheduling information tends to be fairly accurate.
In the US, you can set up a free account on UPS's site and when a delivery is scheduled they'll email you a 24 hour notice, with notes on whether it requires COD payment or a signature, and email you again after delivery, so you can tell pretty easily whether there's a package waiting for you at home (or somewhere else; in which case you know you've got to make some calls...)
it's pretty convenient, and I recommend it.

I ought to do that. At this point it's kind of pointless, though, since they're out for delivery today.

Incidentally, I live near Charlotte too. Small world! I missed that headphone meetup that happened a few months ago, though :/

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #1,188 of 7,980
Quote:

it only took them 2 weeks after receiving my impressions.. thats very very fast!

Thumbs up for HeirAudio!

wow that was quick, hopefully they can get mine done just a quickly. 

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #1,189 of 7,980
I know this is a little off-topic but the best way to track UPS (and any package, really) is this little App for OS X/iOS:
http://junecloud.com/software/mac/delivery-status.html

Bonus points for syncing across devices.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled gushing over Heir products. :D

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #1,190 of 7,980
Quote:
There's an HEIR AUDIO SALE ON FACEBOOK!

33% off the 8.A for a lucky 40 people!

http://www.facebook.com/events/236031209846305/

As you can read over on the Heir Audio FB page, 40 folks who sign up and commit to this special sale can get the 8.A for 33% off the standard price. That's 33% off $1,299 = $870!

That's a great deal.

It ends on June 23rd, or when the 40 spots are taken, whichever comes first.

If you'd like to get on The List, you just click Join on the Facebook event and send your payment to Heir Audio.

The usual build time for Heir Audio is 3-5 weeks, for this special, please allow 6 weeks for the lab to complete your order.

Should be fun, people who can't get on facebook can pm me and I can contact the Wizard.

Only 3 days and maybe 6 slots left for the promo...

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #1,192 of 7,980
I just spent a whole lot of money on headphones and I really love my current headphones. I don't need ones that sound better because these sound fantastic and I wouldn't even know what better would sound like.

I don't need a 8.a... I don't need a 8.a... I don't need a 8.a... I don't need a 8.a... I don't need a 8.a... I don't need a 8.a... I don't need a 8.a... >.<

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #1,193 of 7,980
I have to say, I'm very impressed with Heir and it's staff.  I picked up a set of 4.A headphones, upgraded them to 6.A, then changed my mind and went back to 4.A (buyer's remorse).   I received my 4.A quickly, but had fit issues.  I sent them to Fisher for adjustment, and they still didn't fit the way I needed.  Heir had me ship my headphones back to them... made all the adjustments I needed (included the left ear piece was at a lower volume than my right).  With all the corrections made, they fit FANTASTIC and sound AWESOME!  I'm very happy with Heir and will definitely be buying a top tier headphone my next go around... (which will probably be a present for myself for my birthday).  Now, to finish my SPC cable for these headphones and enjoy those as well.

Jun 21, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #1,194 of 7,980
Quote:

I don't need a 8.a... I don't need a 8.a... I don't need a 8.a... I don't need a 8.a... I don't need a 8.a... I don't need a 8.a... I don't need a 8.a... >.<

...but you want one!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 22, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #1,195 of 7,980
Quote:
I just spent a whole lot of money on headphones and I really love my current headphones. I don't need ones that sound better because these sound fantastic and I wouldn't even know what better would sound like.

Actually, I think you do.  You can never have too many custom IEMs :wink:

Quote:
I have to say, I'm very impressed with Heir and it's staff.  I picked up a set of 4.A headphones, upgraded them to 6.A, then changed my mind and went back to 4.A (buyer's remorse).   I received my 4.A quickly, but had fit issues.  I sent them to Fisher for adjustment, and they still didn't fit the way I needed.  Heir had me ship my headphones back to them... made all the adjustments I needed (included the left ear piece was at a lower volume than my right).  With all the corrections made, they fit FANTASTIC and sound AWESOME!  I'm very happy with Heir and will definitely be buying a top tier headphone my next go around... (which will probably be a present for myself for my birthday).  Now, to finish my SPC cable for these headphones and enjoy those as well.

Great to hear.  The Wizard has always been very responsive and accommodating in my experiences.

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #1,197 of 7,980
I've had my 3.A's for about two weeks now. The fit is a tiny bit loose on my right ear but it seals fine and 1 layer of acrylic nail polish made it fit perfect, however the left side is very loose and won't get any seal without multiple layers of clear acrylic nail polish, after about 4-5 it fits perfect and obviously sounds great! Problem is that when I build up that many layers of the nail polish it chips off after about a day so needless to say it kinda sucks. Is there a specific kind or brand of acrylic nail polish that works better than others or should I just say screw it and pay another $70 (shipping costs) to get a refit?

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #1,198 of 7,980
So they're finally here! I gotta say the service is pretty incredible, two weeks turnaround too. Shipping went fine (four days it took, from China to Australia). As it turns out I am rather new at all this so getting them in my ears for the first time was quite a bit of fun. I'm still not sure I'm doing it right. The reason I say this is that I've done the sensaphonics seal test and the bass is definitely lacking a little compared to the higher tone. It seems like they're angled a bit low, I mean like if I tilt them so the nozzles point upwards a little more in my ears the seal seems a bit more complete, and if i push a bit on the bottom tip of the earpiece it seems like I feel a bit more isolated from the outside world (but the bass becomes much boomier).

Basically I have no idea, have just recently been sick and sat a giant three and a half hour engineering exam today, so I'd appreciate any advice people have in this regard...you'd think an engineering student would be able to figure this out, but noooo...I'm really hoping this isn't a fit issue. It'd be nice not to have to send them off and deal with the WAITING again :p

I'm not willing to say how I think they sound yet simply because I think some of my failures at putting a earphone in my ear may have an effect on the sound (blame exam block). But so far I'm really enjoying them!

EDIT: They're not quite a hug with sound, as JH Audio seems to think, but I'm not sure how much of that is me and how much of that is JH Audio's manual-writing person.

Jun 22, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #1,200 of 7,980
Quote:
I've had my 3.A's for about two weeks now. The fit is a tiny bit loose on my right ear but it seals fine and 1 layer of acrylic nail polish made it fit perfect, however the left side is very loose and won't get any seal without multiple layers of clear acrylic nail polish, after about 4-5 it fits perfect and obviously sounds great! Problem is that when I build up that many layers of the nail polish it chips off after about a day so needless to say it kinda sucks. Is there a specific kind or brand of acrylic nail polish that works better than others or should I just say screw it and pay another $70 (shipping costs) to get a refit?

I would get a refit. Using nail polish everyday would suck the life out of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back