The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Apr 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #497 of 7,980
They are a Canadian company based in China. I have seen no reason to worry about shipping there even with USPS. USPS takes a lot longer however in the 3 times that I have shipped to Heir the package has always arrived safe and secure. The last time that I used USPS I found out that USPS uses FedEx to transport express mail between the US and other countries, the package upon arriving in the destination country is then dropped off to the local post office.

Apr 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #498 of 7,980

Quote:
They are a Canadian company based in China. I have seen no reason to worry about shipping there even with USPS. USPS takes a lot longer however in the 3 times that I have shipped to Heir the package has always arrived safe and secure. The last time that I used USPS I found out that USPS uses FedEx to transport express mail between the US and other countries, the package upon arriving in the destination country is then dropped off to the local post office.

Ironic you mention FedEx. I had a package delivered from FedEx which they took it to my local post office, then the post office delivered it to my house. So if you ever use FedEx and see in the tracking Smartpost or something like that, its cause they also use the post office.

Apr 3, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #500 of 7,980

Quote:
for some reason i thought heir audio was based in canada... was always skeptical about shipping that for away from home.... guess ill be looking at 1964 ears 

Where do you think all your electronics come from? Or, maybe not all, but the vast majority.

International shipping isn't nearly as dodgy as it once was, especially not to China. You may have heard, but they've become very industrialized over there in many regions.

Apr 3, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #501 of 7,980
for some reason i thought heir audio was based in canada... was always skeptical about shipping that for away from home.... guess ill be looking at 1964 ears 

I think that enough Heir audio products have been shipped and received to be able to dispel any fears about losing them through shipping.

As for sending them out, if you look back through the various posts there will be a mixed bag of comments depending on which method you use to ship your impressions. Personally I would always use some form of courier service so they can be tracked all the way even though it is more expensive.

Back to my radioactivity comment; I think I was joking but after seeing the pic of the guy wearing his tinfoil hat, I'm not so sure! :D

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #503 of 7,980
Hi guys, I am new to this audiophile craze, but I took the plunge and bought the 3.A from HA. I absolutely love how it sounds! Anyone has recommendations as to which amp I should pair it up with? I am using an iPod Touch 3G with my 3.A but I find that even 1 bar of volume is quite loud for it.

Much appreciated 
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #504 of 7,980
For anyone who ordered from heir audio in the US, how does US customs work with this product? If you know exactly how much they would charge, that would be immensely helpful. I'm considering heir audio, but I'm going to be in Shanghai in June and might have them shipped there if customs fees are too much.

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #505 of 7,980
Hi guys, I am new to this audiophile craze, but I took the plunge and bought the 3.A from HA. I absolutely love how it sounds! Anyone has recommendations as to which amp I should pair it up with? I am using an iPod Touch 3G with my 3.A but I find that even 1 bar of volume is quite loud for it.

Much appreciated 
biggrin.gif

I love the arrow 12HE 4G with my 8.A. Not sure if that helps you tho.

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #506 of 7,980

Quote:

Much appreciated 
biggrin.gif

Look into the Leckerton UHA 4. That amp is dead silent on low gain, has a digital pot so you have lots of steps for volume control, it has cross-feed and a DAC inside so you can hook it up to your PC. The Leckerton has been called the "arrow killer." Not so sure how well it stacks up to the new Arrow 4G. But look out for the UHA6 version 2 as I won't be surprised if that destroys even the new arrow :wink:.

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #507 of 7,980
For anyone who ordered from heir audio in the US, how does US customs work with this product? If you know exactly how much they would charge, that would be immensely helpful. I'm considering heir audio, but I'm going to be in Shanghai in June and might have them shipped there if customs fees are too much.

I don't recall the exact figure but I paid UPS between $30-35 for import duties on my 4.A.

The fee is a percentage of the final price of your IEMs - which depends on the model you get and the costs for additional customization, if any.

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #508 of 7,980

Quote:
Niiice! Could I post those on Heir Audio's Facebook page?

Of course

Quote:

As was said, it has to be based on a percentage. I payed like 69 bucks to mr. UPS.

Quote:
I love the arrow 12HE 4G with my 8.A. Not sure if that helps you tho.

Have to agree here. The 4g and 8.A love eachother.

Apr 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #510 of 7,980
For those people that are ordering in Asia, if your country is serviced by China/HK's S.F. Express, request freight collect and get Nancy to ship it to you with S.F. Express. It's a million times faster than UPS and costs about 1/10th the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back