The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Mar 4, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #316 of 7,980
DHL was good in my area, but the delivery timing was very unpredictable. Though that beats FedEx for me where delivery location is very unpredictable.

Mar 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #317 of 7,980
Well after a good run of bad luck lately with all deliveries within and outside of the US my 4a's arrived in East Syracuse, NY and hence already cleared customs in Louisville, KY and will be delivered tomorrow barring any natural disasters.  

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #319 of 7,980

Quote:
Hey, this is thread about heir. Start new UPS DHL Fedex appreciation thread! :-D

It's hard to appreciate things that haven't arrived yet. I can tell you all the different ways I've been very happy with the way Heir has dealt with the ordering process and fielding the questions of a first-time CIEM purchaser but I'm pretty sure people are already aware of all of these things.

So. While we wait... 

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #321 of 7,980
I for one am curious about Poimandres and his new musician length tips. I hope they fit well and accomplish what he wants.

Seems to me like the deeper the tip, the more difficult it would be to make it completely comfortable. Hopefully through a combo of good impressions and some Wizardry, his will be perfect. 

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #322 of 7,980
I just got my email! My 4.A's are complete and soon to be on their way to my impatient ears!

Here's a picture they sent me:

Basically, I went with a semi-transparent black and a laser-etched Heir logo on each ear. Very minimalist but I also wanted to have some ghosting of the components on the inside. From what I can see they're exactly what I wanted. Absolutely perfect!

I can't wait for them to arrive!

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #324 of 7,980
"Ghosting" would mean something like a subtle trace of the components seen from outside, like a faintly visible bunch of shadows. I think those 4.As are some of the NICEST LOOKING custom IEMs I've ever seen to be honest. Looking at them reminds me of looking into a dense forest shrouded in fog in the early morning hours.

Mar 7, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #325 of 7,980
I received my 4.A photos today too!!

Concept was to have dual colors on each side like a mirror image out of each other~
Now i can't wait for it to reach me!!
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #328 of 7,980
I've been wearing my 4.A regularly for a while and am curious about fit, since these are my first customs...

When I put the earpieces in, they're loose and don't seal well - the right more than the left. But if I leave 'em alone, after a minute or two they've both sealed well. I can even take them out and when I put them back in a short time later, they promptly reseal.

When the earpieces are in and settled in, I can pop the left earpiece if I move my jaw (large movements like chewing or yawning, rather than small movements like talking). Doing this will only momentarily break the seal, usually.

Are these characteristics of a good fit? Bad fit? Borderline? I haven't been quick about analyzing this, because of work distractions but also because the nature of the fit seemed to evolve a bit since I first got them (though that might be as much a matter of me figuring out the mechanics of insertion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back