The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Nov 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #3,271 of 7,980
So in total the costs for the 4A would be 

Cost of impressions + cost of shipping the impressions + $420 4A + $55 shipping + ~~aprox $50 customs (for those in US)?

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #3,273 of 7,980
Ugh, too many wood choices to choose from. 

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #3,275 of 7,980
In the end, I might not get the 4As. Not too sure yet. I've seen some reviews and comparisons to the Tg334!. But I really wonder how big the gap is between the two. Of course the 4A price to performance level would be higher, but in the end, I don't want to have to upgrade to a 334 signature in the near future...Maybe I'm overthinking this. 

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #3,277 of 7,980
Quote:

Why is it $55 shipping? Can't you just do freight collect? Or is that not applicable overseas?

I heard that it might be more expensive if you do do it that way.

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #3,278 of 7,980
Quote:
I heard that it might be more expensive if you do do it that way.

Their shipping options:

Freight & Charges Freight prepaid ($55.00 )  Freight collect 
H.K & Mainland Freight ($35.00 )     .. it would be pretty decieving and false advertising if the one without any fees by it ended up being the most expensive.

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #3,279 of 7,980
Quote:

Why is it $55 shipping? Can't you just do freight collect? Or is that not applicable overseas?

This is what I don't like. Heir is surely making a massive profit of the shipping. I'm considering ordering the 4.A's with this sale but the shipping puts me off.

Also 28980, I checked your profile and saw you listen to some bass-heavy genres - are you worried at all that the 4.A won't satisfy you with its bass?

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #3,280 of 7,980
Quote:
Quote:

This is what I don't like. Heir is surely making a massive profit of the shipping. I'm considering ordering the 4.A's with this sale but the shipping puts me off.

Also 28980, I checked your profile and saw you listen to some bass-heavy genres - are you worried at all that the 4.A won't satisfy you with its bass?

Yeah. The costs of shipping for the universals within the US seem a bit odd. Not sure why it costs $29 to ship a package within the US, especially from San Diego to San Francisco (within the same state) when just using UPS ground. Seems a tiny bit like an ebay tactic, where they list a low sale price, but high shipping price. Shrugs. The customer service I've had with Heir is pretty good though, and the IEM's are nice, so just take it for what it is. lol.

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #3,281 of 7,980
Quote:

Yeah. The costs of shipping for the universals within the US seem a bit odd. Not sure why it costs $29 to ship a package within the US, especially from San Diego to San Francisco (within the same state) when just using UPS ground. Seems a tiny bit like an ebay tactic, where they list a low sale price, but high shipping price. Shrugs. The customer service I've had with Heir is pretty good though, and the IEM's are nice, so just take it for what it is. lol.

I agree the products and CS is good, but it feels like a bit of a cheap, easy way to make a profit and the customers can't do anything about it.

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #3,282 of 7,980
Wait. What does freight collect mean again? Does it mean you pay shipping when it arrives? If so, would the cost be the same as the $55 freight?

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #3,283 of 7,980
Quote:

Quote:

Heir makes next to nothing off of shipping. Here in North America we have begun shipping via 2nd Day Air. I just shipped a couple of packages to New Jersey and the cost for each was $28.99 after our volume discounts. Shipping via UPS to Canada and Mexico often exceeds $29, last week I shipped a package to Mexico and it cost $75 after discounts.

So while it may not cost us $29 to ship to San Francisco from San Diego, its not like we are pocketing that money. Any excess is reapplied to supplement shipping costs of other customers who exceed our set prices for shipping. I am sure you would want to be afforded the same benefits.

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #3,284 of 7,980
Quote:
Wait. What does freight collect mean again? Does it mean you pay shipping when it arrives? If so, would the cost be the same as the $55 freight?

With Freight Collect you are charged for shipping upon the package being delivered. This generally ends up being more expensive as you as the receiver won't be afforded any volume discounts which we are afforded and we do pass on to our customers.
 ​

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #3,285 of 7,980
Quote:

This is essentially my thoughts as well, I love the 4.Ai but from what I've read, especially project86's comparison to his 4.A's, it seems like the 6.A would be the Holy Grail for me as well.

"Why not buy it then?" For me it's because I've already gone down the customs route and know with the TMJ related problems I have with my left ear that I can't do customs. I'd need a 6.Ai version. :frowning2:

Maybe I could ease your burden buy buying 6.A 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back